Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Toady’s Airconditioning  (Read 2885 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Toady’s Airconditioning
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 02:43:56 pm »

mike, i wish i could fave a post in threads.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 10:07:44 am »

Yah, that was pretty inspiring for the 2 hour I try not to use AC.
Then I realized I’m not in Japan, and took a decadent cold shower.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 11:42:44 am »

i actually meant that part about the local products and the neighbours.
AC is nice and a radiator with a boiler in the house is for the most part a necessity, but a simpler life is often a happier life nonetheless:
I always enjoy the handful of days on medieval reenactment events, where i deactivate my cellphone completely once every groupmember has arrived and store it far from reach together with my glasses as i don't need any of these when teaching people how to use an english longbow.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 06:07:03 pm »

store it far from reach together with my glasses as i don't need any of these when teaching people how to use an english longbow.
I mean, as long as you aren't actually firing actual arrows I guess there's little risk of accidentally impaling someone with one, but still  :P

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 09:56:11 am »

store it far from reach together with my glasses as i don't need any of these when teaching people how to use an english longbow.
I mean, as long as you aren't actually firing actual arrows I guess there's little risk of accidentally impaling someone with one, but still  :P
i can see clear enough to not risk that even without my glasses :)
Pages: 1 [2]