Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 503 - Semi-nationgen disciples  (Read 18809 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 503 - Semi-nationgen disciples
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 05:19:47 am »

I'm fairly low on time, so my best made would be someone take likes to do diplomacy a lot or someone who doesn't give a fuck ; ) - I also have no issue with being a solo.
I'm both of those. :)

Done deal

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 07:42:19 am »

Ok, here is the nations pack, "Canyon of the unspeakable", generated with seed -1552481256 don't remember if i disabled any main races and which if yes. Not sure about "weird" part, but it appears to be rather blood-heavy to me. Includes two full foulspawn nations.  :P
Canyon of the unspeakable
Some nations may or may not count as "truly obscene stuff" - particularly "Erknotos, Rise of the Mystic Song" (Regen 25%, 12 HP snakeblooded women with berserk 5, magic power 1, 21 armor sacred) and... something else, i'm sure. Also i'm not sure why,  there are nations named "Цreheim" and "Цgard". Why there are russian letters...
Map, because steam workshop is freaking insane thing, i tell you.
Map
Probably will lower number of thrones. 6 1 level, 4 2 level,  7-8 for victory? Ugh.  :P
Are we still doing this draft thing? If so, then with totally random order provided by random.org, Team B pick disciple, then Team A picks disciple, then Team C picks disciple and pretender, then team A picks pretender, then Team B picks pretender.
I'm tentatively interested. I'd like to limit my time commitment however, so I'l be lobbying for settings to make the game shorter- e.g. smaller map, low throne win percentage.
Fine now? Map certainly is smaller.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:56:30 am by MCreeper »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 09:23:29 pm »

So I gave it an initial shot to see what the nations were, the file you uploaded contained 93 errors.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 09:41:59 pm »

The issue is some kind of text encoding error that changed the name of 2 nation folders. Within the mod folder, the folders 121-цgard 172-цreheim should be renamed 121-ögard and 172-öreheim, respectively. Of course, Dominions itself doesn't seem to like the ö too much for in-game rendering, but you'll be able to view nations once the game can find the image files.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 10:13:31 pm »

Yep, that worked, now to sift through those genned nations. There is already quite a few good ones that I have seen, so this will be interesting.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 12:26:12 pm »

Aye, there's an issue with the Nordic names file including Nordic characters that Java or the OS doesn't love properly.

I looked at the mess briefly and didn't see anything unimaginably vulgar outcomes, though there were a few worthy of a raised eyebrow - especially when you factor in them being disciples. Ögard, I have my eye on you...

If y'all'd've been just a little bit slower, I could have maybe gotten more fish, more imperials, and enkidus out - that'll probably happen this week since I've swapped out a low-hanging offline millstone for another one that's riding a bit higher at the moment.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »

So I was looking through the nations and I saw this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 08:59:06 am »

Cti'is'tis is a lovly nation name, like "Whats this" and then Cer'tis is like "Certainly is". Budchona being a nation with buda sized elephant people is also fun.

Can't load the mod file ingame thou, as it does not appear in the mod list, even with the file edit.
I put it both in Roaming\Dominions5\mods where my other working mods are and just for fun into steamapps\common\Dominions5\mods , too.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:07:02 am by ThtblovesDF »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 09:29:16 am »

Did you put the directory that the archive unzips to in those places, or did you put the .dm and graphics folder inside that directory in those places? If you did the former, try the latter.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 02:23:04 pm »

Yes, that was it, thanks Albright

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 08:21:41 pm »

Playing through all these test games is is causing me to learn quite a bit. Now its probably not optimal but I'm liking how the nation plays and its capabilities. So I'm the disciple for Team B and I pick Spidan(130).

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 10:29:04 am »

Leaning strongly towards Hut Hermu, since i never played a foulspawn nation before nor much of a blood nation.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2018, 11:11:57 am »

If y'all'd've been just a little bit slower, I could have maybe gotten more fish, more imperials, and enkidus out - that'll probably happen this week since I've swapped out a low-hanging offline millstone for another one that's riding a bit higher at the moment.
Not slower. Not more awkward.
Leaning strongly towards Hut Hermu, since i never played a foulspawn nation before nor much of a blood nation.
And since we are not going any slower, i claim Nairoanda, probably. "Probably" because i'm royal slowpoke those days.
Oh, and can someone give a link to fixed version of the mod? Just to make sure that everyone haves the same thing.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 11:42:56 am »

Oh, and can someone give a link to fixed version of the mod? Just to make sure that everyone haves the same thing.
Something like this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/uup977zyhgkyq1u/Bay12Round503.zip?dl=0
I genned the nations that were chosen as a single mod.
Derp, hid the vanilla nations, remaking it...Done, the link works now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:58:20 am by etgfrog »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 03:47:25 am »

So, ugh, are we playing\picking nations?  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10