Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to supernatural-Open world monster hunting game! 3/10 players!  (Read 18349 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to supernatural (lots of space left!)(4/17)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 07:06:08 pm »

Wouldn't think that would be included in the standard set of guns and knives  :P

If you already let me have it in my inventory, find some creature of evil to slay.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 08:42:53 pm »

((Ah, but Sam as yet has no field experience, so he doesn't know what's necessarily effective, beyond popular superstition. I'm sure he'll figure out the hard way.))
go to a general store type place, and buy 4 5 gallon jerry cans for spare gas. It's gonna be a long drive. Stop by the next door bookstore on my way out, see if there's anything good to read. Maybe there's a old copy of LOTR or The Hobbit! As an afterthought, grab my Webley and put it in my shoulder holster as I park the truck.

((I shall have a copy pasta file of my character sheet tomorrow, once I get on a computer. For now I have  to use my phone, which is not easy to copy pasta with. Also, the back of my truck has one of those jeep style canvas tops with zipped up plastic windows, and benches, so people can come with me, or at least follow me, to Chicago.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 09:35:40 pm »

See if I can convince the clerk to let me see it before I buy it.
Spoiler: Bi (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 12:57:06 am »

Go buy two boxes of 12 gauge shells, then go and look for an abandoned warehouse to use as my base.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 08:08:46 am »

Well, that's helpful if I can buy it. Have to check if it actually is Magic though. GO, Knowledge Check!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 12:34:14 pm »

Turn three(books and stuff)
See if I can convince the clerk to let me see it before I buy it.
Spoiler: Bi (click to show/hide)
Well, that's helpful if I can buy it. Have to check if it actually is Magic though. GO, Knowledge Check!
Introduce myself to the chinese looking girl. Also ask about seeing that book from the cleric.
(do you mean clerk?)
Ren and Twil ask for the book. While he goes to get it, they strike up a conversation.
“So, you into magic too?.”
”yeah! who are you again?
“Oh, my name’s Ren. What’s yours?”
” Mine’s Twilight, but you can call me Twili.”
When the clerk returns with the book, Twili does a check of magic.
(Magic check: 2+1)
Twili’s magic check reveals nothing but the low hum of magic. At least it’s from the back room of the bookstore, no idea what it is though.
Ren looks at the book. It looks as though it’s written in German, and appears to say: “Monster töten”
((Ah, but Sam as yet has no field experience, so he doesn't know what's necessarily effective, beyond popular superstition. I'm sure he'll figure out the hard way.))
go to a general store type place, and buy 4 5 gallon jerry cans for spare gas. It's gonna be a long drive. Stop by the next door bookstore on my way out, see if there's anything good to read. Maybe there's a old copy of LOTR or The Hobbit! As an afterthought, grab my Webley and put it in my shoulder holster as I park the truck.

((I shall have a copy pasta file of my character sheet tomorrow, once I get on a computer. For now I have  to use my phone, which is not easy to copy pasta with. Also, the back of my truck has one of those jeep style canvas tops with zipped up plastic windows, and benches, so people can come with me, or at least follow me, to Chicago.))
You find a tractor supplies. Inside, you buy 4 jerry cans, granting you an extra 20 gallons of liquid storage. -$32.68
Then, you go into the bookstore next door, and see two people already inside.
“Wow, didn’t realize bookstores were so busy this time of day.”
The clerk is busy, so you check out the shelves. You’re in luck! All of Tolkien’s books are here.
You buy a copy of the hobbit, and get back into your truck. -$20.00
Go buy two boxes of 12 gauge shells, then go and look for an abandoned warehouse to use as my base.
You go to tractor supplies, and buy some shotgun shells. It costs $30.00
Then, you check the surrounding area.
(Knowledge check 2+2) you find an abandoned warehouse. It’s filled with air, and you could probably fit a ship or two inside.
Wouldn't think that would be included in the standard set of guns and knives  :P

If you already let me have it in my inventory, find some creature of evil to slay.
(3) you ask around, but don’t find anything supernatural. Oh well, better find an Internet cafe and do some research.
Spoiler: Harold Goldstein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twilight Sparkle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ren Bi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Samuel Martin (click to show/hide)

Please do your action in one post please
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:34:25 pm by Leodanny »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to supernatural (lots of space left!)(5/17)
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 05:58:38 pm »

Go to an internet cafe and look into any murders recently that seem unnatural or unusual.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 07:22:53 pm »

(I just realized I'm already outside, so I can't go back inside and chat without looking super awkward. And I don't have time to write a new action properly. I'll do that tomorrow.)
Oh yeah, I forgot to add this, but all the truly important/dangerous gear in my truck is either in the cab or in locked containers in the back. (I'm looking at you, Zultan. If need be I will rig an anti-tamper device linked to a grenade and my fuel cans. Just In CaseTM)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:26:07 pm by Redjive_Industries »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 07:30:32 pm »

((Also, sorry about this Leodanny, but could you please edit my inventory so that there's a katana in it?))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 07:33:30 pm »

(I just realized I'm already outside, so I can't go back inside and chat without looking super awkward. And I don't have time to write a new action properly. I'll do that tomorrow.)
Oh yeah, I forgot to add this, but all the truly important/dangerous gear in my truck is either in the cab or in locked containers in the back. (I'm looking at you, Zultan. If need be I will rig an anti-tamper device linked to a grenade and my fuel cans. Just In CaseTM)
Don’t worry, we can retcon that
((Also, sorry about this Leodanny, but could you please edit my inventory so that there's a katana in it?))
It’s cool, I’ll do it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 07:42:04 pm »

((Thanks))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 06:19:55 am »

Look around for a smaller warehouse or factory.

What makes you think I'm gonna rob you, I thought we were all on the same team but didn't realize it yet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 06:57:15 am »

Just In CaseTM

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 07:28:51 am »

It's the only way to be sure.
(I shall insert the appropriate image at a later date)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 11:59:38 am »

"Do you have any other interesting stuff?

Get a better feel for what is back there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8