Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to supernatural-Open world monster hunting game! 3/10 players!  (Read 18360 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to supernatural (Need player to fill spot!)4/10
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2018, 08:33:03 pm »

wake up in the Nightingale, and wander to the front desk to ask where I might get breakfast. On the way down, make note of a few exits and chokepoints; not very man, because I'm tired and not quite in the proper paranoid mindset, but still. Never hurts to prepare for a firefight.
*yawn* "Do y'all..." *YAWWWWWN* "Pardon me. Do y'all serve breakfast here or do I need to get it myself?
grab a newspaper. I'll ask for info on possibly spooky things once breakfast is over.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2018, 10:59:56 am »

wake up in the Nightingale, and wander to the front desk to ask where I might get breakfast. On the way down, make note of a few exits and chokepoints; not very man, because I'm tired and not quite in the proper paranoid mindset, but still. Never hurts to prepare for a firefight.
*yawn* "Do y'all..." *YAWWWWWN* "Pardon me. Do y'all serve breakfast here or do I need to get it myself?
grab a newspaper. I'll ask for info on possibly spooky things once breakfast is over.
“W-w-have continental breakfast in the break room. T-To your left. Sir.”
You glance around at the mostly empty room, and see a door to the left, the break room, and an elevator to the right. It looks like there aren’t any windows, and the only way in is the front door. There is a fire exit behind the front desk, and the break room might have windows. You realize that your revolver is prominently displayed on you hip, and the shotgun is on you back.
”Ah. Now don’t Y’all worry, I won’t do anything like rob or shoot anyone.”
+1 to intimidation
"I was wondering around looking for anything spooky, haven't really found anything yet."
Put the Remington back where I pulled it from.
"I guess I'll keep looking around for spooky stuff."
Go back to looking for spooky stuff.
You put away the shotgun, which isn’t even loaded, and then go back to wandering the town for spooky things.
"Waiting for something monstrous to attack me. Rather unsuccessful. The pizza's bait."

Carefully sheathe sword.
"Right. I think I'm going to go back to during research on any supernatural shit that's been going on. Beats standing around here."

To the library. For research!
You carefully sheath the sword, twirling it a bit, and go to the library.
The library is nice, and also has computers! You sit down at one and search “monster attack”
Nothing useful pops up.
Spoiler: Sam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harry (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twili (click to show/hide)
Should I start the apocalypse Y/N

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2018, 11:12:06 am »

"Sorry." *make up some BS about receiving a death threat and being fairly certain someone followed me, and having the shotty as protection* "...and I was so tired last night that I forgot to put the shotgun away. I'll just grab a muffin and go and put this away." *walk about 5 steps, the hesitate and turn back. Opportunity time!* "Actually, you haven't happened to see or hear about anyone suspicious 'round here have you? Don't worry, I'll try not to get into a fight in here, just curious."
put that intimidation bonus to good use, and interrogate the receptionist for information. Try not to sound crazy. Just ask if anything odd has happened around here. Then grab a muffin or something and go lock my shotgun in it's case

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2018, 06:46:09 pm »

Keep searching until I get something good, no matter how many times I fail.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2018, 07:05:35 am »

Reload the Remington and keep looking around.

In the update my invetory no longer shows that I have 35 shotgun shells and that I have 1030 dollars.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2018, 05:16:07 pm »

Reload the Remington and keep looking around.

In the update my invetory no longer shows that I have 35 shotgun shells and that I have 1030 dollars.
((sorry))
Reloading!
You follow the other guy, to see if he has any better luck.
Keep searching until I get something good, no matter how many times I fail.
You run at full speed around the neighborhood, but fail to find any monsters. You do find an ice cream truck. That’s good, right?
"Sorry." *make up some BS about receiving a death threat and being fairly certain someone followed me, and having the shotty as protection* "...and I was so tired last night that I forgot to put the shotgun away. I'll just grab a muffin and go and put this away." *walk about 5 steps, the hesitate and turn back. Opportunity time!* "Actually, you haven't happened to see or hear about anyone suspicious 'round here have you? Don't worry, I'll try not to get into a fight in here, just curious."
put that intimidation bonus to good use, and interrogate the receptionist for information. Try not to sound crazy. Just ask if anything odd has happened around here. Then grab a muffin or something and go lock my shotgun in it's case
Intimidatingly, you ask about odd things.
“T-t-there hasn’t b-b-been anyth-th-thing odd, sir”.
“Ya’ll tell me if something happens, ‘kay?”
You walk out side and stow the Shotty in a case, but stick the revolver in your waistband.
Spoiler: Sam Martin (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2018, 05:52:21 pm »

((Are you auto failing my rolls? Have I seriously just kept rolling 1s?))

I meant search for stuff in the library. Research shit.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2018, 06:36:07 pm »

((Just go to some other city, because there ain’t nothing here. And yes, you have really bad luck.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2018, 04:46:33 am »

Go get in my van and drive to another city.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2018, 04:24:45 pm »

Bump for red jive

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2018, 05:47:26 pm »

Erm... go and take a walk to get a feel for the surrounding area. Then go and do things that will help me find spooky things to investigate.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2018, 07:15:51 pm »

Erm... go and take a walk to get a feel for the surrounding area. Then go and do things that will help me find spooky things to investigate.
((Yes. Do this. Don’t go to Chicago.))
(3)You go take a walk in the spooky back alleys of the city, backtracking and turning, looking for landmarks. Then, you realize you are very lost. You are prime bait for a monster attack though...
Go get in my van and drive to another city.
Vroom! You are on your way to Idaho falls!

realizing the ice cream truck isn’t magic, you go back to the library. Whe you try to research, all you think of to search is “monsters”. What pops up is:
  • vampires-Wikipedia
  • Werewolfs-Robert Schneider
  • demons-Wikipedia
Spoiler: Sam (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2018, 07:19:53 pm »

Head to another city, search for supernatural shit to kill there.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2018, 08:09:22 pm »

Put a hand on my Webley and start looking for an exit. Avoid shadowy areas. If it looks like I am forced to go around some blind corner that is obviously a perfect ambush point, draw the Webley, take off my jacket, and toss the jacket as bait. Rinse and repeat until I find something to shoot (try not to kill them if they're human, or seem overtly human) or I make my way to safer territory.
*sarcastically* "Boy, I sure hope I didn't choose that dark dead-end alleyway that horror-movie victims always seem to pick. Thaaaaat'd be rough! Shame I'm not armed or anything, and have no way to defend myself other than martial arts that I probably barely remember."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2018, 04:12:29 am »

You are on your way to Idaho falls!
Oh god not Idaho, I'm allergic to potatoes.

Keep going to Idaho falls.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8