Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to supernatural-Open world monster hunting game! 3/10 players!  (Read 18399 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to supernatural (Need player to fill spot!)4/10
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2018, 07:08:16 am »

Spoiler: Note for GM (click to show/hide)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2018, 07:21:20 am »

Irrelevant, but something I wish to speak of: I'm getting one of the Evike 'SWAGG' grab bags, and hoping for something other than a low quality spring pistol. Wish me luck! I'll tell you what I get.
On a note to that, one of the better prizes is the exact same model of airsoft SMG/rifle I currently use (MP5A4 Umarex Competition), with an additional unique patch. Hopefully I don't get that, although it would be better than getting one of the spring guns.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:25 am »

You are on your way to Idaho falls!
Oh god not Idaho, I'm allergic to potatoes.

Keep going to Idaho falls.
(Plot twist; you were in Idaho the whole time!)
You drive, staring at the empty horizon, covered with potato plants, and think on your bad luck. Why, why did you have to be born with this crippling allergy to, of all things, potatoes! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....
oh, you’re there. It was all a dream... you love potatoes.(5)
Put a hand on my Webley and start looking for an exit. Avoid shadowy areas. If it looks like I am forced to go around some blind corner that is obviously a perfect ambush point, draw the Webley, take off my jacket, and toss the jacket as bait. Rinse and repeat until I find something to shoot (try not to kill them if they're human, or seem overtly human) or I make my way to safer territory.
*sarcastically* "Boy, I sure hope I didn't choose that dark dead-end alleyway that horror-movie victims always seem to pick. Thaaaaat'd be rough! Shame I'm not armed or anything, and have no way to defend myself other than martial arts that I probably barely remember."
(6)you take corners and the alleys cautiously, attempting to draw out monsters. So cautiously, in fact, that you move about one block. You’re back at the hotel!
Head to another city, search for supernatural shit to kill there.
Driving a way! Don’t know where to go! (5) you are at a small cabin in the woods. Seems like a nice werewolf hunting ground...
Spoiler: Sam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Harry (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2018, 10:36:32 am »

Look around the town for any supernatural spooky stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2018, 01:58:42 pm »

"Well that was easy." *goes to holster his pistol, and then remembers what almost always happens when things go too well. puts the pistol in the holster anyways, but leaves the strap (a bit of leather so the pistol doesn't fall out if I bend over or something) open so as to make drawing the gun faster.*
can I have a roll for tempting fate by saying things went well? And then a roll to see if I can figure out what you want me to do next.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2018, 03:07:29 pm »

Look for evidence of werewolf attacks. Do some research on their weaknesses.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2018, 03:13:29 pm »

Would you like a monster encounter to be a failure or a success?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2018, 03:15:56 pm »

Personally, just to avoid having nothing to do in this game, always have monsters show up. Success or failure just determines how difficult the encounter is.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2018, 03:27:04 pm »

Okay. But only a limited number in each city, okay?
Look for evidence of werewolf attacks. Do some research on their weaknesses.
You prowl around the forest. (4)You find all the evidence of camping; a blackened pit smelling of smoke, random pieces of trash, broken branches, and holes where there used to be a tent . Wait, you smell something. Faintly metallic, and right under the bushes, you find a mutilated guy. You hold your breath, and push the branches, to reveal that his chest is ripped open. Well, you’re reasonably certain that werewolves like innards.
"Well that was easy." *goes to holster his pistol, and then remembers what almost always happens when things go too well. puts the pistol in the holster anyways, but leaves the strap (a bit of leather so the pistol doesn't fall out if I bend over or something) open so as to make drawing the gun faster.*
can I have a roll for tempting fate by saying things went well? And then a roll to see if I can figure out what you want me to do next.
You double dog dare fate to give you hell. (4)It responds. You see a man in a large trench coat with sunglasses, who breaks into a run towards you. (5) you immediately pull out the Webley and tell him to show his face. Stunned, her debates whether to comply or not.
Look around the town for any supernatural spooky stuff.
(6) before even stepping out the car, a malevolent spirit locks the doors, pumps the accelerator, and drives you towards the potato farms. (1) as you try to steer the car, it pops a tire, and you flip over, 5 or 6 times. (4)luckily, you were relatively unharmed, and the car is dented and scratched. Upside down, you say “Ow. That was unexpected.”
Spoiler: Harry (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:15:34 pm by Leodanny »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2018, 04:20:40 am »

"Well shit, now what?"
Try to flip the van back over.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2018, 04:33:27 am »

Try and look for werewolf tracks, hopefully following them will lead me to one.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2018, 06:15:53 pm »

bump for redjive! again!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2018, 08:27:55 am »

(I coulda sworn I posted something for this before. Whoops)
"I don't wanna shoot you sir, but I would advise you make no sudden moves. *let the blatant lying commence, so I don't sound like a mad man talking about monsters* I've had a bad day, and I don't want to deal with any shit right now. Show me your face"
If he runs, don't shoot him. Not ready to deal with the cops yet. If he steps closer, try and look even more menacing, and if he tries to dive at me, shoot him in the lower leg, just in case he IS human.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2018, 09:08:46 pm »

(I coulda sworn I posted something for this before. Whoops)
"I don't wanna shoot you sir, but I would advise you make no sudden moves. *let the blatant lying commence, so I don't sound like a mad man talking about monsters* I've had a bad day, and I don't want to deal with any shit right now. Show me your face"
If he runs, don't shoot him. Not ready to deal with the cops yet. If he steps closer, try and look even more menacing, and if he tries to dive at me, shoot him in the lower leg, just in case he IS human.
Straightening, he says:
[6]
”Hah ha ha, silly human. Bullets can’t hurt me.” he removes his sunglasses and shows what appear to be scars, circular and half an inch in diameter.
”Oh. Those were made by bullets?”you ask.
”of course. And do you know what happened to the person that made them? ”
”No.”
”Well. In any case, I’m not here to fight. What do you want? More than anything in the world?”
”You ain’t gonna ask for my soul, are you?” you reply.
He doesn’t answer.
Well, now that we got that sorted, it’s time to say bye, Mr.?
”You can call me Bobby.”
He snaps his fingers and disappears.
Try and look for werewolf tracks, hopefully following them will lead me to one.
[4+1 smelling bonus]
You sniff. Smells fresh, and the scent of a hairy, large animal hasn’t faded yet. You start tracking it, using your keen sense of smell to follow the faint scent, you follow it, winding through the various bits and bobs of undergrowth, ending up at a cave. Well, that wasn’t so difficult.
"Well shit, now what?"
Try to flip the van back over.
[3]you unbuckle the seat belt, and immediately fall on your back. Ow. You open the door, crawl outside, and stand up. Hmmm. It might need a coat of paint, but is otherwise fine. Seeing as it’s a van, you really don’t see how one man could flip it. You’re not that strong.
[4]Of course, you’ve just gotten to town and a van flipping over is loud, so there are people already coming to help.
Spoiler: Harry (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to supernatural-Open world monster hunting game! 3/10 players!
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2018, 12:31:03 am »

Build a fire at the mouth of the cave, try and smoke the beast out.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8