Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Roll to supernatural-Open world monster hunting game! 3/10 players!  (Read 18390 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to supernatural-Open world monster hunting game! 3/10 players!
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2018, 03:58:02 am »

"Hello everyone I'm not really sure what happened but I think my accelerator pedal got stuck, then I blew a tire, and lost control, and flipped several times."
Accept any offers for help flipping the van over, and offer to pay anyone who helps twenty dollars each.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2018, 08:32:18 pm »

"Hmm. Note to self.... be careful how I say that name. You can summon demons by saying their names, right?" Moderately certain that he's used up his bad luck for now, but suspicious of how well the encounter went, Sam heads back into his motel room.
. Lock the door, shove something in front of it (do the whole 'stick chair at an angle under doorknob' thing to keep people from opening said door, if possible) and also check all my gear. Grab some energy drink, my laptop, and some comfy pillows; time to lore dive and see if I can learn what urban myths there are about this area. Also search information about supernatural beings in general.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2018, 01:45:52 pm »

"Hmm. Note to self.... be careful how I say that name. You can summon demons by saying their names, right?" Moderately certain that he's used up his bad luck for now, but suspicious of how well the encounter went, Sam heads back into his motel room.
. Lock the door, shove something in front of it (do the whole 'stick chair at an angle under doorknob' thing to keep people from opening said door, if possible) and also check all my gear. Grab some energy drink, my laptop, and some comfy pillows; time to lore dive and see if I can learn what urban myths there are about this area. Also search information about supernatural beings in general.
“Who ‘re ye talking ta?” Some random bum says.
”none of your business.”
You hand him a dollar.
You get yourself real locked up, and the only way in or out now is through the window. Hmmm. Google, demons, skip the Bible crap, here’s a promising site! Huntersonline.com. Not sure what that means, but it sure isn’t for  animals. Huh. It says to decapitate vampires? This is probably bunk.
There’s a search bar, use?
"Hello everyone I'm not really sure what happened but I think my accelerator pedal got stuck, then I blew a tire, and lost control, and flipped several times."
Accept any offers for help flipping the van over, and offer to pay anyone who helps twenty dollars each.
“Sure. I’ll tow your car to the mechanic. “
”Thanks!”
You decide to watch as he flips the car over with a jack, and toss it to the mechanic. You hand him a twenty dollar bill and wait for the mechanic.

Build a fire at the mouth of the cave, try and smoke the beast out.
[3] you find some wood, and it’s reasonably dry, but you forgot the tinder! And the lighter. Tough luck. Anyway, you realize the wind is coming out of the cave, so it wouldn’t work anyway.

Spoiler: Sam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harry (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2018, 02:39:57 pm »

Be as stealthy as I can, and sneak into the cave. Try and use my sense of smell to sniff out where the werewolf is, keeping my katana in hand.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2018, 02:22:30 am »

Continue waiting for the mechanic.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2018, 08:06:35 am »

"Alright, monster-hunting diary note.... In... Addition... to... impaling... with... wooden... stake... through... heart... behead... potential... vampires..."
this site seems interesting. Explore it a bit more. Might learn something else useful!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2018, 08:18:36 pm »

"Alright, monster-hunting diary note.... In... Addition... to... impaling... with... wooden... stake... through... heart... behead... potential... vampires..."
this site seems interesting. Explore it a bit more. Might learn something else useful!
Yes. There are dragons. They like gold and virgins, kill them with dragon blood tempered sword(where do they get this?) Shapeshifters; kill with with silver to the heart. Oh... an exorcism. You copy that down too.
Continue waiting for the mechanic.
Time skip, 5-6 hours. 
“Sir, your car is now drivable, but it’s still a bit dented. Getting those out will take some more time.
The bill right now is 300 dollars, a new paint job will be another 50.”
Be as stealthy as I can, and sneak into the cave. Try and use my sense of smell to sniff out where the werewolf is, keeping my katana in hand.
You sneak. After a few minutes, you catch the smell at least 5 wolves. You’re gonna need some backup for this. You mark it on your map, too.
Spoiler: Sam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harry (click to show/hide)
Also, if I don’t post for a week, can one of you bump this topic for me? I procrastinate a lot.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2018, 10:31:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:09:24 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2018, 05:33:14 am »

"Dents and messed up paint don't bother me that much, as long as it still runs I'm fine."
Pay the man his money, then go search for the ghost that flipped my van.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2018, 06:26:21 am »

Head to the nearest bit of civilisation, buy several tanks of propane. And rent a car to carry them all in. If I can do all that, head back to the cave.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2018, 07:52:34 am »

Yes. There are dragons. They like gold and virgins, kill them with dragon blood tempered sword(where do they get this?) Shapeshifters; kill with with silver to the heart. Oh... an exorcism. You copy that down too.
(Coincidentally, the last 5 books I have read, as well as my 5 favorite authors
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
have all either been directly about dragons or featured a dragon character in there somewhere. On an entirely unrelated note: Read Naomi Novik's novels! They're weird! It's dragons in the 19th century, during the Napoleonic wars, it's actually pretty neato and a lot more detailed/realistic than it sounds!)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2018, 11:31:57 am »

Guys you’re supposed to post actions!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2018, 12:15:18 pm »

oops.
dragons are neato. Let's see if there are friendly dragons. If not, let's try and learn something about that dude in the alleyway. He's spooky.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2018, 12:37:38 pm »

Guys you’re supposed to post actions!
im waiting to be approved/introduced.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2018, 01:00:38 pm »

Don’t worry, you can introduce yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8