Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Council in Exile: Rick Citadel (v0.02: NIGHT_CREATURE_RICKSPERIMENTER)  (Read 4237 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Yup, it's a Rick and Morty mod.

Some refugees from the disaster at the Citadel of Ricks have found their way into Armok's neck of the multiverse before running out of portal juice and getting stranded.  They have decided to set up shop and build a new life for themselves here.  Or take over the world.  Probably that.

There's not much here yet.  It adds Ricks as a playable civilization, and Mortys as SLOW_LEARNERs who are kept by Ricks as pets.

Ricks have above-average stats in most areas, especially analytic ability, but abysmal social skills and values that are closer to goblins than most other civilized races.  Backstabbing is going to be a fairly regular occurrence in their civilization.  Oh, and they are ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT, naturally.  Mortys are just below-average in pretty much everything.

As alternate-universe clones, the physical features and stats of both races are much more uniform across individuals than with more natural races.  However, most individuals have one or two unique qualities.

One in every 10 is a Richelle or a Morticia.  Try not to think about this too much.

It also adds plumbuses.  Unfortunately, due to DF's limitations, it was impossible to give them their actual use, so I made them musical instruments instead since they have the most support for multi-part objects.

This probably won't be a very elaborate mod.  It's modular; just stick it into whatever modded multiverse crossover you're building and it should work.  I'll probably add some gadgets and aliens at some point eventually.

Download Link

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

Yes. I applaud this.

At the very least, I should give this a run with a Wholly Inappropriate Mod Mashup sometime in the future.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile

I have some Half requests half suggestions 0% demands below

First you need a small contact area extremely high force ray gun, then all you need is a few other melee flavor weapons, and then add the galactic federation as a sieger and item thief

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

You could make a killing off of all the random one-off creatures that show up in the show.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll add ray guns once I can figure out an appropriate tech process.

I expect I'll add at least some of the more prominent or interesting civilizations like Gromflomites, Gazorpians and of course my favorite race, the Garblovians.  Most of the other one-off races will probably just get a generic variable civ. Species who aren't prominent enough to have a name probably won't go in at all, or we'll be here all day.

I was actually considering making Ricks item thieves (called "scavengers") but that messes them up when trading while playing as them.  I expect that the Ricks' ethics will put them at odds with most other races anyway.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I don't care how you do it, but please add some real fake doors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Your mod has inspired me to review most of the Rick and Morty episodes.  You have my thanks.

Of course,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Well, it seems to me that the Ricks would be able to develop advanced tech in the same amount of time it would take them to reform their civilization.

So for your perusal, I have developed a couple of shoddy upgrades:

Battlesuits (armor)

Titanium smelting (reaction)

Titanium metal (inorganic metal)

Battlesuits should cover the Ricks mostly, and Titanium is basically between Steel and Adamantine.  Completely fudged the lot.  Also, I noticed that the civ of Ricks I created didn't have any Morties as pets, dunno if it was just a fluke or what.

Oh, and you'll need to add [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BATTLESUIT:COMMON] to the Rick entity for them to use the battlesuits.  Also need to add [PERMITTED_REACTION:TITANIUM_FROM_RUTILE] to allow the ricks to actually make the Titanium.  I would have also created a custom ranged weapon (ray gun? Bazooka?), but I suck at creating ranged weapons.

To update my previous post, I have now watched ALL Rick and Morty episodes.  Several times.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, yeah those can go nicely.

I think I'm going to check out Pocket Morty's crafting recipes for inspiration.  Apparently fleebs are used for an awful lot of things...

I suspect that Turbulent Juice is made from mega-seeds.  Both seem to have the same general "make everything better" effect...

Maybe I'll try removing all regular pets and see if Ricks use Mortys more often.

I'll update this at some point later.  Been rather busy lately.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I updated this, kind of.  The only real change is that all Ricks are now NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTERS, so they should produce procedurally generated monsters on occasion.  I think.  Maybe.
I'm not sure if it actually does anything - experimenters are always rare regardless - but it seemed appropriate.