Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thinking about a graphical LCS  (Read 14691 times)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about a graphical LCS
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 12:57:31 am »

Of the three that you list, OpenXCOM is certainly the closest to what I am thinking of. It is a clone of the original X-COM, but it says that it is open-source, so should be easy to mod, or so I would think.
You may want to work with the OXCE fork of OpenXCom (accessible from the same forum).  The configuration file support for modding is irreversibly better (more than a few won't-merge-to-OpenXCOM features in OXCE; the two projects have different development policies).

EDIT Have a look at X-Piratez as an example of how radical a mod can get.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 07:20:11 am »

Would it be possible to change the title of the forum since it's obvious that it's in development with a release?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 04:27:15 pm »

Giving it a try now, and I like what I see so far! Keep up with the good work, and I'll also keep up with this, too. At least when I get back from Hawaii. Also, is there a way to unequip weapons/armor when going to a site?

Not currently but there is code in there for handling squad inventory. It's just a bit janky at the moment so right now I just have the interface disable the equipment buttons while you're on site.

Would it be possible to change the title of the forum since it's obvious that it's in development with a release?

I was going to make a new thread once I reached "1.0 release" status but I can do one now if people have questions/comments on the current release.
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 09:45:49 am »

Make a new game in [FREE GAME ENGINE] if you wanna do it right.
Pages: 1 [2]