- 0 (0%)
No!
- 1 (14.3%)
I dunno, I just work here.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 13, 2018, 05:38:04 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05] DBDB v1.4 - A dwarven domestic animal expansion! Updated 10 May-21.  (Read 43566 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

GRASP bodyparts, otherwise it tries to fish, then cancels it and spams your announcements.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

And since otter paws are dexterous enough to hold things (A quick search reveals them able to hold onto crabs, small toys, balls, shellfish, and their babies,) it's not unreasonable to just put that on the front paws.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

And since otter paws are dexterous enough to hold things (A quick search reveals them able to hold onto crabs, small toys, balls, shellfish, and their babies,) it's not unreasonable to just put that on the front paws.
War Otters with double Battle Axes.

It was inevitable.

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this mod does compatible with 47.04??

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

There's a typo in INTERACTION:PETHI_DBDB, which causes the stygian otter to greet creatures from across the map. Replace [I_TARGET:C:CREATURE] on line 6 with [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]. I also encountered some wild ones, and not only is it kind of annoying that a combat report pops up whenever they greet each other, but the "has been greeted by a pet" message doesn't fit the wild specimens.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

There's a typo in INTERACTION:PETHI_DBDB, which causes the stygian otter to greet creatures from across the map. Replace [I_TARGET:C:CREATURE] on line 6 with [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]. I also encountered some wild ones, and not only is it kind of annoying that a combat report pops up whenever they greet each other, but the "has been greeted by a pet" message doesn't fit the wild specimens.

I have fixed both issues now I hope. Not only will the right target be greeted, it also will no longer show up in the combat log.

Meridian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh my god... I'd thought the syndrome log spam was unavoidable.
that makes this mod 200% more playable

edit: also it if interests you, I'm in favor of the bittern possibly being given to humans?
and have thoughts been given to expanding kobold livestock?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 05:00:50 am by Meridian »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Mountain ibex wool is usable, but for some reason my dwarves don't want to use winter wool at all.  They refuse to spin it and if it's the only wool remaining, I get the 'no unrotten wool/hair' message.  Any idea why that might be?
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Mountain ibex wool is usable, but for some reason my dwarves don't want to use winter wool at all.  They refuse to spin it and if it's the only wool remaining, I get the 'no unrotten wool/hair' message.  Any idea why that might be?
I would guess it has to do with material size. Goats unlike sheep have "facial hair" which has an insufficient material size to be used in the spin thread job. Casuing these to end up cluttering the workshop. The wool growing on the body should have sufficient material size though.

Can you confirm that some of the Winter Wool has been used?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll double check, but it didn't seem like any of it was getting used at all, and I was only getting it in stacks of 1 at a time.  That might be them grabbing the facial hair and the main wool not being long enough to shear, I suppose.

EDIT: Yeah, went back to double check, and they're definitely shearing the body wool and only getting one unit of it, which the game won't allow them to spin.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 06:01:31 pm by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,

I have a lots of "wooly ibex tooth" in my refuse stockpile but I cant use them in craft.

Do I need to add something in the creature_DBDB_dwarwen.txt ?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Hi,

I have a lots of "wooly ibex tooth" in my refuse stockpile but I cant use them in craft.

Do I need to add something in the creature_DBDB_dwarwen.txt ?

Sounds like it's just the teeth smashed out in a fight; those're unusable. It's nothing to do with the mod.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't seem to get mead brewed, either.  Reaction recognizes the honey the aphids produce just fine, but can't seem to find the 'honey-containing item', which I assume is the bucket the honey is in.

~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7