- 0 (0%)
No!
- 1 (14.3%)
I dunno, I just work here.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 13, 2018, 05:38:04 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [47.05] DBDB v1.4 - A dwarven domestic animal expansion! Updated 10 May-21.  (Read 43055 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] DBDB v1.1 - A dwarven domestic animal expansion!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 08:03:17 am »

Why this animals looks not in atmosphere? You can just remove common domestic from mountain civ and make cave pets not exotic. Also add them milk, wool, vermin hunting and training.

Im sure you probably could, a easy way to do this yourself is to just edit out [COMMON_DOMESTIC] on the creature file add a [CREATURE_CLASS:DOMESTIC] group to all the real world farm animals and apply it to the [ANIMAL] entity tags to make them appear in civilizations you want only.

Mod creator's left it open ended i guess.
I talk about vanilla underground pets. All can be dwarven domestic without adding new. Bugbat and hungry head can be vermin hunters, but live deeper than embark, so need [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT].

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 09:02:06 am »

I must say vettlingr, I love your mod!  Thank you for keeping the dwarven civilization alive and well with many fantastic and thematic beasts.

I'm working on getting DDD going again and updated for 0.44.12. Actually, I have it fully updated already, but I want to push the mod further with my new update.

My plan is to create a modular mod pack, with an enhancement version (adding all the new beasts to the current existing lists) and a Civilization version (entity-restricted creatures).  The civ version will completely rebuild the entity domestic creature lists, making each civilization unique to what animals they call friend.  I've already built the shell of an installer in python that will let the user update their entity RAW without an overwrite, making the mod much more compatible to already modded versions of DF.

How would you feel about including your new and revised creature variations in this new DDD expansion? Or if they aren't bashed together, we could collaborate to make the mods more compatible to be installed side-by-side (essentially just adding a few CREATURE_CLASS tokens where appropriate).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:43:21 am by Wannabehero »

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2019, 01:30:45 am »

I found an error in this mod: the Fortress Honey isn't usable for mead production. In order to make it works, you must edit the following lines in the reaction_other file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, the mod is awesome, thanks for all! (And sorry if my english isn't very well)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2019, 09:39:05 am »

I must say vettlingr, I love your mod!  Thank you for keeping the dwarven civilization alive and well with many fantastic and thematic beasts.

I'm working on getting DDD going again and updated for 0.44.12. Actually, I have it fully updated already, but I want to push the mod further with my new update.

My plan is to create a modular mod pack, with an enhancement version (adding all the new beasts to the current existing lists) and a Civilization version (entity-restricted creatures).  The civ version will completely rebuild the entity domestic creature lists, making each civilization unique to what animals they call friend.  I've already built the shell of an installer in python that will let the user update their entity RAW without an overwrite, making the mod much more compatible to already modded versions of DF.

How would you feel about including your new and revised creature variations in this new DDD expansion? Or if they aren't bashed together, we could collaborate to make the mods more compatible to be installed side-by-side (essentially just adding a few CREATURE_CLASS tokens where appropriate).

This seems like the natural way to develop this mod further. I made this mod as a newer updated alternative to yours, so some of the critters are based on yours (badgerwolf/badgerdog, Fortress Aphid/Dewbug, Ibex/mountain goat, Slothbat/leatherwing Bat) so wether you want to integrate mine into yours or not is up to you. :)

I found an error in this mod: the Fortress Honey isn't usable for mead production. In order to make it works, you must edit the following lines in the reaction_other file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, the mod is awesome, thanks for all! (And sorry if my english isn't very well)

This is true, I've been using a modified reaction file in all my playtesting, with and without this mod, that I seem to have forgotten to include it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:57:08 am by vettlingr »

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

A bug, given that the creatures in this mod are meant to be tameable. Copperwyrm, lockspider, and maybe others are missing child tags, which they need to be tameable. Such as [CHILD:2][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:lockspiderling:lockspiderlings] This is as per bug 7983
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could also be a concious choice to have them spawn as adults Darkond2100 but i can't speak on the OP's behalf, most spiders in the base game don't have child states and cave dragons don't either in vanilla. Maybe that's the source of the inspiration for it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Plus they're already domesticated by dwarves aren't they? Sort of moot beyond allowing for breeding your own instead of needing to import/capture them.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

I thought it was more likely that the child tags were left out because the creatures used as templates didn’t have child tags.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make goblin domestic animal expansion.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leather bats are pretty creepy looking as they are if you imagine it suitable for a goblin monster line-up. Large monsters flapping and shrieking around, Goblins are not banned from owning cave animals due to [USE_CAVE_CREATURES] for taming their own over time (like cave crocodiles) by brave individuals going to the depths of the earth, but since by default they have no access to domestic creatures and they aren't playable in the base game, there's not a lot of incentive right now i imagine.

Also beak dogs vastly outclass all other animals as being the best livestock in the game, its hard to top that. Beak Dogs are very good value, as they are a reliable & potent goblin mount, have high value skin & meat plus they lay large numbers of eggs to breed quickly.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

A bug, given that the creatures in this mod are meant to be tameable. Copperwyrm, lockspider, and maybe others are missing child tags, which they need to be tameable. Such as [CHILD:2][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:lockspiderling:lockspiderlings] This is as per bug 7983
Copperwyrm certainly misses its [Child:4] tag, lockspider already have it, its hidden above size ;). Expect to see it in next update

I have a short list of extra critters planned for goblins, so far the list looks like this

Goblin Domestic Animals:
Beak dog
Troll
Slothbat - As per Dwarves, maybe give them a unique Clawbat?
Firenewt - Fireball spitting siege beast to spice up sieges?
Crundle - For eggs and Scale leather?
XTumourbeastX - Monster with shearable Meat, not sure how that would work though

I could also give them an animal with shearable shell, though I have no concept done for it yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Don't. :D All goblins will die, just like the FPS. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Don't. :D All goblins will die, just like the FPS. ^^
Haha, you are right! Any way around it? Acid perhaps?
Any good way to make a spit liquid actually dangerous?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Can make it spit globs of magma or basalt or something instead. Could still start fires, but wouldn't be nearly as much of a hazard as a flat fireball chucker could I would think.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Can make it spit globs of magma or basalt or something instead. Could still start fires, but wouldn't be nearly as much of a hazard as a flat fireball chucker could I would think.
I did that for the Copperwyrm. They spit molten copper, mostly for flavour. Haven't tested out what they'll do to a wall of 60 goblins though, yet the grass. Originally I was going to give the dwarves a fire newt, but I didnt think amphibians fit very well with them, so I renamed it Copperwyrm and gave it scales.
Yet I dont think copperwyrm a good name, kind of rolls badly off the tongue. Steelwyrm, bronzewyrm? it's called blindworm in english I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7