- 0 (0%)
No!
- 1 (14.3%)
I dunno, I just work here.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 13, 2018, 05:38:04 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05] DBDB v1.4 - A dwarven domestic animal expansion! Updated 10 May-21.  (Read 43046 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Mm. True on the fire hazard. Next best thing that springs to mind is having it spray directed vapors that cause skin to go necrotic. ZM5 did that with a type of enemy in his horror pack and it can be really nasty to deal with.

For the wyrm, could just give it a more basic sounding name of Cave Spitter or something, but it doesn't sound much better.

Also, for a shell creature, could do a stegosaurus looking thing with shearable back plates, a nice spikey tail, and an armored head.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, for a shell creature, could do a stegosaurus looking thing with shearable back plates, a nice spikey tail, and an armored head.

Those tails are known as a Thagomizer for lack of a official scientific name if you needed something a bit more technical than 'stego tail', is it a tail with horns or arm teeth?

Id think something more sub-aquatic or a larger bretheren of the aquifer turtle might do the trick. A iron head cave snapper (turtle)? with a extra natural level of biting to crush and pierce armor that sheds plates of shell from its back as it grows older might do the trick, bit more potent, expensive and rarer.

(also whoops about earlier leather bat comments, i appear to have gotten my mods mixed up since id been talking a lot in both, im up to speed now)

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silly question I'm sure, but how does turning aphid honey into mead work, exactly? I've milked the honey, got a spare container for the produced mead to end up in, but the reaction screen says I'm missing "honey-containing item" - What am I missing?
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Silly question I'm sure, but how does turning aphid honey into mead work, exactly? I've milked the honey, got a spare container for the produced mead to end up in, but the reaction screen says I'm missing "honey-containing item" - What am I missing?

Probably a fault in reaction_other.txt as the vanilla reaction only permits HONEY_BEE honey, I think this mod contains a reaction_other.txt file to fix that though.

EDIT: LargeSnail posted a fix earlier in this thread, I trust you know how to apply it yourself :D
I found an error in this mod: the Fortress Honey isn't usable for mead production. In order to make it works, you must edit the following lines in the reaction_other file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, the mod is awesome, thanks for all! (And sorry if my english isn't very well)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:47:27 am by vettlingr »

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've yet to play because I'm still busy modding my game for play, but I just want to say that the graphics are amazing and I love every animal you've made here. Hyped to use them in my fort
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the doublepost, but I'm having some issues. I've tried adding the graphics in a few different ways (to both the direct dorf fort files and the LNP-graphics-vettlingr section), and I'm not seeing the tiles for the creatures load in.

Is there a specific set of steps I need to do, or do I need to do something like make a new world for it to take effect?
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did we ever get that pet seal?

Not from what I can tell? Unless you consider the stygian otter one, there's nothing in the raws that isn't in the first post

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Sorry for the doublepost, but I'm having some issues. I've tried adding the graphics in a few different ways (to both the direct dorf fort files and the LNP-graphics-vettlingr section), and I'm not seeing the tiles for the creatures load in.

Is there a specific set of steps I need to do, or do I need to do something like make a new world for it to take effect?
You will have to update the graphics of the save aswell in save/YOURSAVENAME/raw/graphics, which it seems you may have done. Other than that, I recommend using the 32x32 files for all resolutions, since I found a bug in the 16x16 in the current file.

Did we ever get that pet seal?

Not yet. I have a few ideas, but they overlap with the Molebeast. I was thinking about making a "Milkrus" with large amounts of fat and milk aswell as ivory. I could implement it in the next update.

Fae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] DBDB v1.2 - A dwarven domestic animal expansion! Updated 27 May.
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2019, 12:42:10 pm »

Just had to stop by and say I am absolutely infatuated with this mod. I've been waiting for an expansion for domestic animals and this absolutely delivered! <3 It is for one refreshing to have another way to make mead. Also the sprite work is fantastic to boot! Are you planning on adding on to this? Even if not it has been a delight using it thus far. Thank you very much!

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2019, 02:13:59 pm »

Just had to stop by and say I am absolutely infatuated with this mod. I've been waiting for an expansion for domestic animals and this absolutely delivered! <3 It is for one refreshing to have another way to make mead. Also the sprite work is fantastic to boot! Are you planning on adding on to this? Even if not it has been a delight using it thus far. Thank you very much!
I may add upon it in the future. Either by expanding domestic goblin creatures or adding/replacing to the dwarven domesticated creatures if I get funny or unique concepts. Right now the bittern and Molebeast are on thin Ice wether they should be included in future versions or be replaced.

vixeyrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2020, 08:06:36 pm »

You will have to update the graphics of the save aswell in save/YOURSAVENAME/raw/graphics, which it seems you may have done. Other than that, I recommend using the 32x32 files for all resolutions, since I found a bug in the 16x16 in the current file.

I too was having some issues trying to place the files in the right spots. Bit rusty on installing mods. Can you post a screen shot? or some other kind person help out? Love the mod, really like the lockspiders... will use them forever now :)

edit: Is there a way to reduce the "combat" report clutter?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:11:13 pm by vixeyrose »

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile

I just saw clinodev uploaded a pack to DFFD with your tileset installed and I checked it out and loved it, so came here.

I've been reading over this mod and had a thought about the Stygian Otters:

Maybe instead of hunters they should be fishers? Fisherman helper/fishing-dogs or however/whatever you want to call it?
I can't really see otters hunting, but I can certainly see them being trained to help fish. All day, no problem, 'easy-peasy'.
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I just saw clinodev uploaded a pack to DFFD with your tileset installed and I checked it out and loved it, so came here.

Maybe instead of hunters they should be fishers? Fisherman helper/fishing-dogs or however/whatever you want to call it?
I can't really see otters hunting, but I can certainly see them being trained to help fish. All day, no problem, 'easy-peasy'.

That *is* actually do-able, believe it or not. They won't be able to haul the fish, but Masterwork had an animal that did exactly that in the form of Fisher Gremlins, which had natural skill in fishing. They'd pull up catches and dwarves would come and haul them away if there was room for it.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

That *is* actually do-able, believe it or not. They won't be able to haul the fish, but Masterwork had an animal that did exactly that in the form of Fisher Gremlins, which had natural skill in fishing. They'd pull up catches and dwarves would come and haul them away if there was room for it.
This is a great idea! I would have done it if I knew it was possible. Now does it require [INTELLIGENT] or any other tags like that or just skill in fishing?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7