Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we call any stone that can cause Gerald when mined a Geraldstone?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Okbodavuz "Doomedmines" - Filled with Gerald! (Fixed Poll)  (Read 1873 times)

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here to eat plant piss beer and shit out seeds
    • View Profile
Okbodavuz "Doomedmines" - Filled with Gerald! (Fixed Poll)
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:02:02 am »

If you're looking for the continuation from the last topic, scroll down.

As of the start of 251, every post will be linked in this one.

Chapter 1 (250)
     Chapter 1.1
     Chapter 1.2
     Chapter 1.3
     Chapter 1.4
     Chapter 1.5
     Chapter 1.6
     Chapter 1.7
Chapter 2 (251)
     Chapter 2.1
     Chapter 2.2

I'm gonna have to repost because I can't edit the poll anymore, I'll just put a link here

I'm back! With a new topic... At least that was gerald!

18th Moonstone 250

We've started work on the bedrooms and carved 4 more, now our dwarves can be at their fullest all (most) of the time!

Now time to painstakingly designate the beds!

26th Moonstone

Started constructing the room we've been waiting for all year now, Actual Healthcare the Kitchen!

1st Opal

Almost a new year!

Well time to butcher our dead horses! May they never fail to aid us.

20th Opal

Well boys, looks like we run into Gerald again. That cursed irrigation pit has fallen, again. and it can't get up

Well, we haven't reached it yet, maybe next post we'll reach 251!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:57:25 pm by The_Saladman »

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Okbodavuz "Doomedmines" - Filled with Gerald! (Fixed Poll)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 05:48:47 am »

21st Opal 250

After the second irrigation cave in, I replaced the farm in the old hall, and started production of biscuits!

3rd Obsidian

Almost there! Work has started on the other workshop room across the stoneworks.

Time to wait!

1st Granite 251

Spring has arrived!

The new year shall bring new goals, friends, surprises and of course Gerald.

Well, we've made it to our second year, hopefully we'll see the next.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:28:44 pm »

What's volcanos relation to pixies?

*looks at OP images*

Reminder: both dwares and invaders can path diagonally. Have fun!

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:07:33 am »

I'm sorry I couldn't post for the last few days, hopefully I'll get back to "schedule" soon. If not, see me in 3018.

1st Granite 251

Today, we have started work on our forge, hopefully we'll forge friends not enemies with this!

Our mule, has sadly died. Eh, that's one of the cons of living inside a volcano.

Sorry (again) but I guess that's it, I am kind of rushing this but baby steps? Anyways, see you tomorrow or never!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 09:51:26 am »

If you don't make a lava weapon, Roomcarnage style, then the fortress will not be worth It...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 09:51:08 pm »

We are back! Another short update before another month or probably year before the next one.

9th Granite 251

The Doomedminers are at it carving our forge room, and are now carving the magmarigation tunnels for our forge.

3rd Slate

Our brewer, Solon has been possesed, we do not know what he wants from our stockpiles.

The Doomedminers carve out a lever room for our magmarigation floodgates and future hatches on our entrance.

21st Slate

Magmarigation plan, open floodgate then mine the gerald stone between the tunnel and magmatube. After that the fort will go into GERALD1 (DEFCON1) and run to the meeting hall, while Likoat closes the floodgate.

Success!

Here's to another short update and another thousand years until the next one.

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 03:20:11 am »

1st Felsite 251

Now that we have an active forge up and running, let's finally live up to our name and mine!

Looks like we have a newly fortborn dwarf!

And it's a baby girl named Sodel! Hopefully she doesn't fall into the magma or off Pixie Hill

So my plan for our Pixie Hill mine are mine shafts so we can have room for SOME KIND OF HEALTHCARE Bedrooms or some other projects. Speaking of Bedrooms I'm thinking of removing the bedrooms when I carve out a better designed hospital residence level and maybe a better workshop. I'm also stopping the stair well in the middle for a stairwell in the Exploratory

11th Felsite

Uh, I am not sure how I did not notice this, but most of my dwarves are unconscious and thirsty... Some of the remaining dwarves are trying to feed the thirsty but alas there are no buckets. I think this will be the end of Okbodavuz, actually no, it's actually just a phase when the brew order is on hold.

17th Felsite

Our possesed brewer has gone berserk, the Royal Canyons has took care of him. His body is just sitting at the doorway with no one to carry him.

19th Felsite

Oh no, someone's mining towards the magma tube, who could've done this?

Very Indifferently I say: Oh no the magma is flowing down the stairs towards the meeting hall, how could've this had happen?

Oh nooooo, not agaaaaain..... How could someone do such a thing What a disasterrrrrrrrrrrrr

As the lava overflows to the entrance, some migrants arrive seeing the horror. Some dwarves get out and tell the migrants about the horror inside. The Mountainhomes thought it was just an accident, the migrants said what the survivors said. They blamed the very man who made them embark: The_Saladman, Geshudgar "Fortressdestroyer" or most popularly just "Dwarfkiller". No one knows the location of this Dwarfkiller and what his intentions or his next target is... If you find this man, please report it to us, we'll give you a lifetime's supply of elf executions and plump helmet wine.