Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Yaer: The End of Home  (Read 2491 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yaer: The End of Home
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 01:36:29 am »

Probably easiest to take the drones out now rather then pick them off one by one, since they are unaware right now.

A

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 08:49:18 am »

A

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 08:50:54 am »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 12:22:51 pm »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 03:32:26 pm »

Blood, the ichor of alien fiends lined the walls and floors. Spattered across your frame was the blood of 5 individual soldiers.

In your hands is a weapon, a pathetic, half-empty, half-useless weapon that blew out the chest of three of the five aliens you had killed.

Perhaps they made a mistake, bringing in ballistic, loud weaponry into a bunker, as the entire room was deafened by the crack-crack-crack of the gun firing.

Regardless, here they are. 6 individuals, still processing your lightning-fast takedown of their guards.

A. Move to disarm them and acquire any computer hardware to jack into.
B. Put them down, take their hardware for processing.
C. Leave them, you have other things to do.
D. Put them down, and move on, you cannot waste any time.
E. Leave them to recover, perhaps attempting some sort of peaceful acquirement of their hardware for jacking.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 01:43:24 am »

A

Once we analyze their hardware we can decide what to do with them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 05:55:07 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 08:18:38 am »

A

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 04:01:14 pm »

With the same mechanical efficiency from earlier, you track down any turned on electronics, take them and connect to them or put them away when your hands get full.

Most of the data doesn't really get you an idea of their spoken language, but you easily come up with a library of the written language as well as the assembly programs. Most of the data is assembled into specialized programs designed to run only on the hardware given, a method that makes it incredibly hard to figure out the purpose while specializing the devices in question.

Only about a couple minutes would be needed to crack a device fully, but time and resources is something that you do not have.

The persona head of you is energetic, discussing among themselves in a rapid-fire dialogue that is hard to discern.

A. Attempt a discussion, even if it is inane.
B. Observe quietly while the data is processed.
C. Leave no survivors as you move on.
D. Move on.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 04:26:51 am »

B

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 12:13:33 am »

A sort of vision flits through your brain as more pieces of information is assembled. Most of it is still incoherent, relying on information that you don't have or could ever get from the things you have gotten, but it must be thought of later;

The few who were spared don't really dare to move now that their guards were messily ripped apart, but time is ticking.

More are coming, you can feel it in the electromagnetic fields as they try and comm the ones you caught, as they approach closer and closer to where you are by the tracking equipment embedded into their clothing. Crawling forward for a brief moment, you can tell that they are all soldiers or drones; none are people like the ones you have spared, and they are all armed with lethals -- ballistic weaponry, none more complex or inherently better then the weapon you currently wield.

A. Move to engage.
B. Defend this point.
C. Leave.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 12:16:34 am »

C we have data to analyze, time to blow this popsicle stand.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 02:15:55 am »

C

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 05:13:26 am »

C

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 10:04:32 pm »

Abandoning the disarmed personnel, you move out of the room that had the living intruders and walks among the ruins of the facility.

You move around, quickly moving towards the inner part of the facility to avoid any type of encounter.

Rubble starts to become more prevalent. You close towards where the facility collapsed inwards as more and more of the data is finally processed. Before long, you come to a tertiary battery site, tapping off your fusion cell before processing the immense data.

Ultimately, you come to the ultimate solution that they had come down this world to excavate the remains of a species they murdered. the ash, orbital conditions and the local area had cleared up enough for them to send their ships down. Nothing too large, or it would be ripped to bits by orbital batteries still online or the broken up shards of the orbital infrastructure.

But, they are still coming down.

Ahead of you is an Expeditionary Corps survey patrol, and they do nto know the true purpose of the facility nor it's wonders. It is likely that it would become their primary cement hold upon this world. This place cannot fall into their hands, and you cannot defend it.

However, you are not the only survivor of this extinction.

the facilities station-bound AI is still alive. It is broken, bleeding, but it is alive, as judged by the EM signatures that they had recorded in their time in the facility. It might have not faired as well as you in this time, and the option of purging this facility is still open, as is leaving the Exterminators to pillage this facility, however unforgivable.

A. Move to the AI core to speak with the AI.
B. Move to the Self Destruct Terminal.
C. Move to leave this facility through a secondary exit. !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6