Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Yaer: The End of Home  (Read 2516 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yaer: The End of Home
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 10:10:30 pm »

Maybe the AI knows the juiciest tech we can take before blowing the place.

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 04:30:05 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 12:09:37 pm »

Closer to the AI core, the air gets hotter, stirred from the malfunctioning coolers to desperately shunt out the AI's radiant heat. A mimicry of sweat is restrained from your platform as you close into the sections that hold the life-support of the bunker. Adjacent to the crumbling hydroponic zones are industrial oxygen scrubbers, both stripped out for parts. The walls are warped in places where the metal panels were not stripped out to leave exposed wires, and soon enough, you can travel no deeper into the zone without shearing your false skin, and so you do. Unfazed, the darkness watches as your appearance changes from a dead species into a killing machine.

you delve further into the heated depths, and you hear another sound besides the loud whirring of cooling fans. It's the running of a thousand hard-drives, a similar, but altogether different sound then the fans.

Passing through the portal from the hall way to the AI's center chamber is like entering a mausoleum, in a sense because it is.

Stacked high up around the AI's main chamber are body-sized sarcophagi, embedded into the walls, and stacked to the ceiling. it is  apparent that they were welded together from whatever was available, as each one is unique in shape, material and size. They are all air-tight, as the smell of decay is not present like it was where you were born. The air circulates here.

In the center of the room, a console come to life. Automated turrets are heard to unfurl behind the walls created by the stacked metal coffins.
its screen flickers on, skittering as disused electronics sputter to life, with an yellow arrow on a blue background that points to a data port on the dashboard.

It is asking to talk to you like a machine, even though it can obviously listen, speak, and watch.

A. Deny it, talk to it with your voice.
B. Connect to the machine.
C. Do nothing at all, wait for a reaction.
D. Leave the AI to its suffering.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 01:52:45 pm »

B

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 02:05:09 pm »

B.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2018, 10:13:48 pm »

Jacking into the port, your mind splinters into two as the system quarantine protocol engages.

For a few seconds, half your mind receives talks with the AI, before communicating to the central intelligence.

The AI's conversational abilities have declined, as is the fact that it's thinking the process has evolved to solve the fact that more than half of its brain has rotted.
The transmission can barely be translated, but it is as followed.

A flurry of images, sensory descriptions that can be summed up to a piece of paper being lit on fire.

Transcendence.

The exact schematics of the sites onsite warhead depicted, although corrupted and modified to censor extraneous details.

It wishes for you to remove the "FIRE" from the warhead, to move the cart sized box that would contain the fire to its dead heart, and to deliver it to the last remaining superintendent frame present.

It refuses to give any identification nor authorization codes, citing that dead systems should stay dead. It is not curious about how you came to be, but it asks of the surface, and if the radiation storms had ceased. you dodge a concrete answer.

your quarantined section pinged it subtly, and it responded to the fact that it does not know that the driven exterminators have come back. It merely dreams of burying the dead, as it has been doing since the planet had been burnt. You doubt that would not change if it learns of this.

A. Accept it's "quest" to acquire the FIRE from the nuclear warhead.
B. Deny it of FIRE.

1. Inform it of the Exterminators return.
2. Do not inform it of the Exterminators return or tell it later.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 02:19:57 am »

A1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2018, 09:18:56 pm »

the digital equivalent of staring agape occurs, followed by a dozen queries which is ultimately met by a clip of your encounter with the exterminators is given

A sort of black, smoldering rage thickens the digital space as dozens of security measures are enacted and the AI's runtimes speed up, along with the fact that the coffins sink into the ground, exposing the automated turrets and a moved fabricator which immediately begins to spool up.

A command was given, (GO.) and you follow it subserviently.

You leave it's hot, hot domain and towards near the surface of the facility.

The facility is doubtlessly decrepit, but on your path to the warhead, you note that the cameras, few still in function, are now online, looking about to observe your journey. It is doubtless they are looking for hostiles as well, but that is beside the point.

Where did the AI get all this power? It was obvious that the reactor had died with the orbital bombardment, but perhaps a teritary source had been placed online from its will? Who even knows at this point.

The rest of the walk was spent pondering upon the data ou had stolen from the enemies trinkets.

As you enter the Self destruct Facility, the sheer size does of the weapon does not surprise you, but it extends floor upon floor, room upon room. This singular massive object is a facility all upon itself, designed to destroy both the facility and the dirt around it in addition too acting as a method of looking deeper into esoteric physics. The central chamber that hold the most dangerous part of the self-destruct is still intact, and you enter it, beholding the safely entombed rods of FIRE.

Just as you begin the process of ejecting these rods using the maintenance protocols and a hard jack, something catches glints in the darkness behind you; you observe it through a camera circuit and gaze upon a single individual of the enemy. They are breathing heavily, in their hands a tablet as big as their chest. from the UI (in their language.), you can tell they are fumbling with it, unfamiliar with the operations. If you had to guess, it is trying to destroy the data it holds.

A. Turn on him, take him down before he can finish what he had started.
B. Move to him, and make your presence known in the flesh.
C. Move to him, and make your presence known as a machine.
D. Finish the process of securing the FIRE and move to the AI's reactor.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2018, 09:20:41 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2018, 02:56:05 am »

B

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2018, 09:43:47 am »

A.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2018, 03:33:58 pm »

As he taps on his tablet, he almost seems a focussed on your work to notice you emerge from a door that leads to the room he resides in. you purposely walk prowl a little louder, and for a split second he flinches as he does not realize who you are, almost pulling out a weapon that would've made you end the wretched thing right then and there.

It wipes it's own eyes, before staring agape at you.

It sputters, mutters something before stating in a broken verse of the Yaerian language,

"Are Yaerian you?"

It has an accent, a very odd accent, but its grammar is flawless. Each syllable enunciated clearly but forcefully like they had never had a conversation before. it mixed up two words but it is easy to do so for one who is still learning.  The tablet is still in its hands, but he holds it to his side as if they were to drop it from shock.

A. "Yes."
B. "No."
C. Wrench the tablet out of its hands.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2018, 04:43:52 pm »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2018, 04:42:41 am »

A
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6