Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Yaer: The End of Home  (Read 2526 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Yaer: The End of Home
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2018, 02:23:03 pm »

"How...How..."

The thing slumps to the floor, looking at their tablet for a brief moment. Their hand shakes, but before it falls out of thier hands, they place it on the ground. Pulling out another screened electronic, they tap out a password before a picture of a world viewed from space come son their screen, which is turned to you.

"Do you know?"

It shakes its head, sliding their finger to the right and showing more photos.

Photos of the Yaerian home planet, perhaps.

All the ash had settled, but the scars are still here. the plants have not grown back to anything like it was before. The air is poisoned. The great towers and terrestrial projects that had turned the home planet of a multi-solar system species was rendered into a cold necropolis. most of the pictures are obviously of the area immediate to the bunker. They had landed here first, and you can pinpoint several locations where they had tampered the world to create landing zones as well as living quarters for their archeological dig.

A. "No."
B. "Yes."
C. "Why?"
D. Nothing needs to be said.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2018, 03:13:54 am »

C

Do we need to destroy a system, a people, a king.  Who was really responsible and why did this war happen.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2018, 04:25:21 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2018, 10:31:16 pm »

It lowers its head, tie arms going slask as the thing sulks down sadly.

"Why not?"

It lifts up the tablet, tapping on it rapidly before showing you a blurry, damaged picture of what appears to be an earlier variant of your chassis.

The Battle Frame is in the middle of an open field, it's blade about to impale an enemy target, where hundreds of dead are surrounding it.

"Your ancestors released "abominations". Unforgiven, and unforgiv-- unable by the higher Lords."

the health diag-nog readings you are getting off of the individual is confusing.

It mumbles something in its own tongue, before staring away.

You are stricken by how strange this moment in time is. It stares not upon you, but the door you had entered in, one of the few places with working lights. Gazing upon its face, however, leaves you with an impression of it's almost pursed, tense face with such sad eyes.

After a couple moments, it turns to you. Any thought of painting such a beautiful sight is banished.

"Your kind can be forgiven. Join me?"

A. "No, I cannot. I have purpose."
B. Tote the rods of FIRE out, leave.
C. "I am not Yaerian."
D. Ready your blade. Stand vigilant, "I am the Lantern of a dead species. I am not Yaerian."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2018, 10:45:34 pm »

A

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2018, 12:34:07 am »

Do it with style I guess.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2018, 01:02:33 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2018, 05:21:06 pm »

It blankly stares at you, it's cyan face paling several shades before again, sulking down. For several moments, he ponders before pulling his tablet up, showing the image of the dead homeworld.

" Gaze upon your broken world. Look at the scorched earth and the ash of the dead. Billions... perhaps even Trillions died because technological advancement outpaced your species restraint. The warnings of the galaxies impending cataclysm came and went as monstrosity after abomination was released against us as we had attempted salvation. Can't you see the same thing is happening again?"

You step closer, anxious combat mechanisms sighting the target over dozens and dozens of times again and again. Tens, hundreds, thousands of different ways to eliminate the individual ahead of you come ot mind, but they do not present themselves as a target. They are an anomaly. Consciously suppressing your animalistic desire to put it down is coming to its precipitous: The song of your unanimous mind has broken to a thousand strands as each runtime calls for a different action for the future.

A slideshow of different Battle-Frames, a few of them even War-Frames, judging from how damaged the still functioning shells of some of them are is shown.

"Do you know why us, the [Determined Exterminators] did this?"

"They, your species slash pregenitors called them Battle-Frames.
Unstoppable, unfeeling machines each birthed for the purpose of killing.
Shackled, massive machine-gestalts shackled into a realm near, but not exactly ours.
Nothing gives them orders. Their masters had been dead for eons
Even now, they stalk, hunt and kill, at the behest of the last command they had received."

"Give us revenge."

" These machines sacrificed your species to fight the endless war. You can change this. You are Yaerian. All the others are dead, except for you. They listen to your species, you could make them--

give us revenge give us revenge slaughter them all don't let us die out please

--Make the Battle-Frames stop fighting."

Amongst the maelstrom of the mind, a sort of greater ambition "program" is formed. It is a measure of higher thought. A sort of amalgam of strategic thinking systems and the jumbled up corrupted systems that had come to come into existence over your stasis period. It is a goal orientated program, first and foremost.

A strand from a thousand is picked.

A. Goal: End the Endless War.
B. Goal: Assume Command of the Battle-Frames.
C. Goal: Get Revenge.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:38:31 pm by Blood_Librarian »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2018, 08:40:17 pm »

A, your pretty pathetic if you choose any other option

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2018, 09:21:48 pm »

B

Once we have command, we can either end the war or win it. It buys us time to further analyse the situation, so we can make a correct choice once we have more information.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2018, 03:40:49 am »

A

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2018, 08:46:02 am »

COme on guys who voted A, what if this guy is say... lying, or misinformed, or in any other way wrong

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2018, 02:11:22 pm »

hey fix this tie

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher