Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The Villain Arc hype thread!  (Read 17262 times)

Ninjabread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Villain Arc hype thread!
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2018, 05:36:17 pm »

I'm definitely excited about having more characters react to my actions and forming grudges.

In all honesty, I'm also looking forward to all the new memes the bugs of the first release is bound to create almost as much. Like, maybe towns will make peace with wild animals by marrying their daughters to them, spies infiltrating armies as warhorses, or power of friendship solving all the world's problems. It is inevitable.
you forgot the king Caligula declaring war to the clams on Neptune and sending all their soldiers to drown in the river sea.

Sounds realistic to me

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2018, 04:48:17 pm »

I'm definitely excited about having more characters react to my actions and forming grudges.

In all honesty, I'm also looking forward to all the new memes the bugs of the first release is bound to create almost as much. Like, maybe towns will make peace with wild animals by marrying their daughters to them, spies infiltrating armies as warhorses, or power of friendship solving all the world's problems. It is inevitable.
you forgot the king Caligula declaring war to the clams on Neptune and sending all their soldiers to drown in the river sea.

Sounds realistic to me
finally someone understood the reference.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2018, 05:29:44 pm »

I understood it, I just didn't feel the need to respond to it

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2018, 12:19:06 pm »

oh... i forgot that possibility
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2018, 12:48:11 pm »

oh... i forgot that possibility
I have that same problem

Death Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2019, 07:53:01 am »

Latest FotF was pretty good. It tells us that if a corrupt/ honest prophet spawns a religion and spreads it, it might actually increase or decrease the amount of villains in that area or determine how easy/ hard it is for villains to roam there.

Update release in 3 months, what do you think?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2019, 04:31:32 pm »

Latest FotF was pretty good. It tells us that if a corrupt/ honest prophet spawns a religion and spreads it, it might actually increase or decrease the amount of villains in that area or determine how easy/ hard it is for villains to roam there.

Update release in 3 months, what do you think?

I think the first release will be by the end of January and then a bugfix-polishing interim by Feb-March to finish w.g things, that's my idea of how Toady could schedule at the moment, however pessimistically that means that we won't likely be getting fortress features until April and sets back the nice and clean early year start for the big wait to dedicate his time. That's just my conjuctive opinion though.

Oh well i guess he'll just have to slot in another arc to occupy time until next January  ;D ;D

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2019, 09:58:48 pm »

I'm gonna say initial release will be early to mid February, with a further several weeks of bug-fixing after that.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2019, 11:50:18 am »

any group of units (including an individual unit) marching across the map is an army, and these small groups make armies, so it seems pretty army to me; the only real distinction is that every member of your own army is a hist fig, so you don't have hordes of abstract numbers following you
Non-hist figs are still parts of armies. There simply aren’t enough hist figs for the large armies, so they just draw from site populations. And have one or two actual hist figs.
In fact even the player is tracked as an army when you are moving in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:53:23 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2019, 11:56:03 am »

Putnam didn't say that non-histfig abstract army members didn't exist, they said that players cannot send non-histfig abstract armies, since they can only send fortress members and all fortress members are histfigs. They can certainly receive them.

All armies are tracked the same, from the player in adventure (which is actually tracked as an army, to the bandits sending folks to towns, to the dwarves you are sending out, all of them are considered “Armies” by the game. They use the same data structure, which is called an “Army” and that is what toady means when he says “Army”. So yes, armies already exist in game, he just plans to track them a bit better, with more info.  And to let the player send our “faceless grunts” too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:58:48 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2019, 12:24:49 am »

I just got hyped with a possibility that I don't know if it is a possibility

Did toady said something that we as a dwarf fortress overlord could HELP someone's plot? I mean, if the villian is my king, who I discover that he want more power and titles or dunno, I would surely want to send his agents to places where he doesn't have that much influence to make him start civil wars on neighbooring civs and seeing him becoming the law-giver of humans and king of dwarves and bring entire civs under my banner by mischievous planning

I know that there are stuff that we might be able to do, lava-dump other nobles who aren't suporting the villian which I think that would be a better king, send people under his influence to other hamlets that are under my fort's sphere of influence and a lot of other shenaningans that the players here will surely invent, probably including genocide but whatever

but maybe there will be a way to interfere directly?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2019, 12:49:32 am »

Putnam didn't say that non-histfig abstract army members didn't exist, they said that players cannot send non-histfig abstract armies, since they can only send fortress members and all fortress members are histfigs. They can certainly receive them.

All armies are tracked the same, from the player in adventure (which is actually tracked as an army, to the bandits sending folks to towns, to the dwarves you are sending out, all of them are considered “Armies” by the game. They use the same data structure, which is called an “Army” and that is what toady means when he says “Army”. So yes, armies already exist in game, he just plans to track them a bit better, with more info.  And to let the player send our “faceless grunts” too.

Yeah, basically the only thing keeping players from "proper" armies with hordes of whatever is a little phase where your dwarves go into the nearest city and say "we're looking for some warriors to join our fight who's in"

revann1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:48 pm »

am i the only on logging in every 3 days to check if its released yet?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2019, 11:22:54 pm »

am i the only on logging in every 3 days to check if its released yet?
I'm checking every 2 weeks.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2019, 07:25:09 am »

reading in the forums like daily.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7