Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack  (Read 85230 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2017, 05:05:35 am »

Maybe the wiki page http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Installation#Linux can be of some help?  Particularly the section "2.3.7.3 Manually installing 32-bit libraries"...  I haven't any knowledge of Crunchbang but its successors all seem to be based on Debian 8.  I'd try sourcing from there first.  Don't know what compatibility issues you might be facing.  Best of luck.  ;D

DukeLeto2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »

I can't seem to get the terminal emulator for DFHack to work. When I try using the custom command for Xterm, the error message generated is "/usr/bin/xterm: bad command line option "--terminal-test-parent"". I assume the pack is inserting this argument. Is there a way to disable this, and make it run *only* xterm?

Jostino

• Bay Watcher
  • dig dig dig in the deepy shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2018, 04:05:12 am »

Any news about the update of LNP of the 44.12 version?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2018, 07:24:00 am »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Jostino

• Bay Watcher
  • dig dig dig in the deepy shadows
    • View Profile

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2018, 03:46:08 pm »

When I try to start dwarf fortress from PyLNP( on Ubuntu) all I get is a terminal that opens and closes and nothing else happens.

How do I fix this?

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2018, 04:04:10 pm »

when I start up lnp, i get this:

ERROR: Unable to read current colors
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in get_colors
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in <genexpr>
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

If I try to run with GNOME terminal, I get this:

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 93, in run_program
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.terminal", line 21, in get_terminal_command
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.terminal", line 142, in get_command_line
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess", line 566, in check_output
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess", line 710, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess", line 1335, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
ERROR: Could not launch ./df_linux/dfhack
Exception in Tkinter callback
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1532, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 55, in run_df
Exception: Failed to run Dwarf Fortress.

When I try to run with xterm, I get this:

nohup: ignoring input and appending output to 'nohup.out'

and I see a terminal open and close.

how do I fix it?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]