Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xvareon plays: Master of Magic (1994)  (Read 10834 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xvareon plays: Master of Magic (1994)
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 04:35:24 pm »

Two is that the town just might fall under the Node's influence, which means magic that isn't sorcery magic cast in its influence has a very high chance to fail.
I believe this only happens in battles at the node itself, its area of influence only gives boosts to node-aligned fantastic units in the area.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 06:59:13 pm »

Two is that the town just might fall under the Node's influence, which means magic that isn't sorcery magic cast in its influence has a very high chance to fail.
I believe this only happens in battles at the node itself, its area of influence only gives boosts to node-aligned fantastic units in the area.
Ahh. Yeah, I think you're right. My bad. Thanks for the correction!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 11:54:57 pm »

Oh, fun! This game holds up surprisingly well, I've found.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 05:53:55 pm »

MoM, what a brilliant game! That brings back some fond memories.

BTW: Did you know that there have been some clones of sorts and even several different fan remakes? There's Worlds of Magic, for one. There's also the Master of Magic HD Multiplayer Remake, which supports HD high resolutions and up to 14 players, human or AI. (There was a highly ambitious Age of Magic online fan remake started in 2001-ish that looked promising, but it was abandoned sometime around 2004 or so.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:37:26 pm by Thundercraft »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 05:35:29 am »

What, no black channelled trolls? No heroism halflings? No Runemaster Alchemy Artificer gold fountain? Psh... It's like you're not even playing Master of Magic!

Anyways, gonna be fun to see how this all pans out. Been a while since I played, and the game's always had a certain special appeal... Especially what with stacking retorts into horrible, lopsided monstrosities like Chaos/Nature/Sorcery Mastery + Node Mastery for quadruple node output (extra fun on Myrror!) and the more home-grown affair of Infernal Power and some race that can build cathedrals for stacking Dark Rituals. Or seeing how far you can get with Alchemy Warlord gnolls before everything goes horribly wrong...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 03:31:47 pm »

Are we going to see more Skellies and friends terrorizing the lands?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 07:52:35 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2]