Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]

Author Topic: ___/The Writer's Apprenticeship\___  (Read 219719 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: ___/The Writer's Apprenticeship\___
« Reply #1860 on: July 03, 2019, 05:18:29 am »

No idea where to take it after, but had this idea as an introduction to a story and felt the need to write it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 04:14:00 am by MorleyDev »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: October 11, 2019, 05:12:34 am »

I wrote an article about the Blizzard/Hong Kong situation. It's not political; it's from the heart.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 12, 2019, 11:46:34 pm »

Short story idea I came up with recently:

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 27, 2019, 09:53:01 pm »

I was a big fan of KOTOR/KOTOR 2, and a semi-fan of the Star Wars Legends continuity in general. After Disney bought out LucasArts, they rebooted the Star Wars universe, creating a new continuity (Story Group Canon)...and ending the Legends continuity.

Recently, I thought about linking both continuities together (Legends and "Story Group Canon"), while also providing a conclusion to the "True Sith" subplot in KOTOR 2 (let's just say that I didn't really agree with the direction The Old Republic took).

So I wrote a fanfic: Remember the True Sith (which is actually a prequel to another fanfic: The Machine, by KarbonMarx). Hope you enjoyed reading it.

Also, as a side-note, I used to post in this thread under the name "Servant Corps".

EDIT: I also enjoyed itisnotlogical's "SPACE ELEVATOR DESTROYED BY TERRORIST ATTACK" story as well; the introductory news story followed Willis' reaction were really good worldbuilding pieces and could very well be a standalone story. Sometimes there are no answers, only endless speculations.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:02:09 pm by Skynet »

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 05, 2020, 05:25:16 pm »

Illien stamped his boots, eyeing nearby flames. The northern stars burned crystalline above, but by the Deified Emperor, a man needed more than starlight to warm his blood. He shuffled closer to the fire. Night vision be cursed – if the enemy killed him, he would at least die warm.
The North lay beyond his circle of light. Scored hills, ravaged by the General and his savages. Illien could see pinpricks of light around the old fox’s final battle. A goodbye ceremony?
Why not, Illien thought, caressing his blade. So long as they leave the Pass be. He spat to the side and snorted. The flames licked the chill from his back, encouraging sleep. But he was awake to see the fires below extinguish, one by one.
Soon, there was only one left. Then this too dipped into the land’s contours and was lost. Illien grunted, imagining them returning to their crude homes. Beating their wives and shouting at their children; whatever it was they did.

Bezren. Sorry.” Illien jerked upright, blinking.
“What? Who?” He said. A man was near him on the path, illuminated in the banked firelight. He was old, with long drooping moustaches.
“A messenger. I… bear something precious to the Pass,” the old man said. His words were unrefined, Northern. Illien looked around, examining the dark shadows. But his night vision was ruined. He cursed.
“What’s in your bag?” Illien asked. The man stooped under its weight. After a moment, he drew his sword. “And how many of you are there?”
“One,” the man said. Illien snorted. He strained his ears but heard nothing.
“Well, turn back. You don’t want to cross the Pass,” he said. “Lord Grideon has it well fortified.” The man smiled, toothy and wide. He sat on the path, unstrapping his pack.
“I fear not. The patch does not pretend to be whole, so says Hazar Ba’lam.” He tugged on his own much-patched tunic. “See! Hah.”
“Ba’lam… the dead General?” Illien said, blinking. “And get up!” The messenger did not move.
“Yes, Ba’lam,” he said instead. He stretched his hands to the embers. “He made cloth from many colours. I honour him now with my message.”
“Which is?” Illien said, glancing around. He sighed, sheathing his sword. Everything seemed normal.
“For his family,” the man said, shrugging. “Is mainly his effects.”
Illien shook his head. “I cannot let you past and you cannot stay. Your General…”
“Ba’lam led us in war, but he was no general.” The old man’s face seemed grim. “He was our…Father. He held us, many patches, made us one cloth. He spoke and we made war until your Father had him killed.”
“The Emperor is beyond reproach, for he is god.” Illien said the words without thought. The old man smiled.
“Duty. That’s good. But no love for your Emperor? Our Father loved us even as we burned the world. Perhaps… maybe both need rebuked. I can not say.”
Illien passed a hand over his face. The Northman was an enemy, but he was old. Turning him away in this weather could be murder. Silence fell.
“This land was green once,” the old man said. “When it wasn’t choked with living ice. Our last Father, Jez’ran, would weep. The earth bears no fruit. His family is broken.” He paused. “Let me stay. Tomorrow, I will cross the mountains. Ba’lam’s words will survive his family. This I swear.”
Illien cursed again.

The morning was only slightly warmer than night. The Northman woke early. He laughed when Illien jerked upright from his failed watch, then pulled out supplies. He cooked breakfast and shared it with Illien.
“I can’t let you,” the scout said, eating. “Go to the Pass. It’s my duty to warn of any approach. They will turn you back.”
“I will go,” said the Northman. “The Pass is near, but I will take other trails if I need to.” Illien knew there were none. The mountains were impenetrable, which was why the Emperor was taking such pains to secure the Pass.
The only entrance. And exit.
   He caressed his sword and sighed. “Hang to the east of the encampment, then. Go by night. They might not notice you. Might,” he emphasised. “You will probably be killed.”
   “The patch is not the whole,” the old man said, laughing. He clapped the scout on the shoulder. “Thank you, friend,” he said. “Ba’lam be with you.”
   Illien groaned, rubbing a hand across his face. “And with you,” he said as the man turned to go. The wind blew and Illien pulled his cloak close. “Good luck,” he said.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1865 on: August 22, 2020, 06:45:10 am »

Trying to design my own little fantasy setting for the heck of it.

My current setting creation myth:

This is my idea for the backstory for the humans of the setting, wanting to the do a spin on the 'beserker vikings' concept:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 06:57:40 am by MorleyDev »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]