Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Presenting Mörul Nicolgomath: KOAT  (Read 2904 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Presenting Mörul Nicolgomath: KOAT
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 08:57:37 am »

Huh, I had the impression that it took at least two years for long-term memories to start being offloaded into personalities. Seems they have quicker effect than I thought.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »

Report from Sibrek Ulabkubuk, Baron of Judgemerchants, 15th Obsidian, 99.

We had some difficulty getting the previous reports out after the diplomat, Tosid Semoredem, that was visiting went berserk, killed a war dog and then chased off the caravans you sent until he died of dehydration. This new diplomat that arrived offered to make us a barony, to which we've agreed and I was chosen to be the baron. It's not as glamorous of a job as I expected, and I was warned that in order for us to be taken seriously as a mountainhome that we'd need to provide for a more suitable reception for visitors than in the front room of our fortress, stuffed with beds and bins and farms. They suggested I get an office and the like, but we're not close to that yet. In due time.

Let it be recorded on 7 Moonstone, 99 that Mörul Nicolgomath declared that there was nothing more to be learned from mining. "I can now move through stone as quickly as I can through air. I've learned all there is to learn. It's time for me to focus on other things."

The fortress is still very rudimentary as it's being equipped for production more than people, but we now enter a new stage of the fortress. We will divide up the ongoing mining effort among us, and Morul has suggested stabilizing the food supply once and then put out word for migrants to come and join us, so that is what he's setting out to do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 06:15:50 pm »

Any changes in Morul's physical stats after getting legendary in mining? Is that still a good way to improve Dwarven physical ability in this version?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 07:44:03 pm »

Any changes in Morul's physical stats after getting legendary in mining? Is that still a good way to improve Dwarven physical ability in this version?

Yes, some change. Nearly 100 points in both strength and agility. Kinesthetic is the one that has risen the most - 300 points. Morul is professional or above on plant gathering and farming and a number of points scattered throughout, so I'm guessing that one is being hit by a range of tasks.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 09:16:44 pm »

Report from Sibrek Ulabkubuk, Baron of Judgemerchants, 9th Moonstone, 91.

We're getting attention from the neighbors now. In spring an elven trade caravan visited and we traded food with them. They had a lot of animals to trade, which caught Moruls attention, so we may be buying from them in the future. They were a bit horrified by our wood stockpile and admonished us for cutting trees. We can hardly stop doing that, but maybe if we take them steadily over time they won't notice. In summer a human caravan stopped by, and again we traded for food. The dwarven diplomat stopped by but no traders. Shame, we really wanted to trade with them.

We're going to call for some immigrants in the next year. We're breaking ground on proper housing now, and the food and booze reserve is pretty substantial, so it's time to really start to build, and to start on defenses. Danger always follows the traders.
Pages: 1 [2]