Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion for DFHack Dwarf Manipulator  (Read 1251 times)

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suggestion for DFHack Dwarf Manipulator
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:01:51 am »

In the 4 years or so that I've been playing DF, I've been an extremely regular user of Dwarf Manipulator. I love it!

My suggestion is about custom professions. I use Manipulator to decide who to draft in the military by assigning the dwarfs a temporary profession called Militia (%sp). The %sp tag gets replaced by the two-letter profession code on the top row of Manipulator. (If they have a profession like Farmer or Peasant that is not in the top row, it outputs "??".) For example, if I want to draft my Wax Worker, I change his profession to Militia (%sp), and it shows up as Militia (Wx). Awesome. Then, I save the profession name so I can apply it to other dwarfs I want to draft. When I apply it to the next dwarf who isn't a Wax Worker, it still shows up as Militia (Wx). I can get around this problem by applying the custom profession in batch, but then I can never go back and use it again. So my suggestion is to save the general tags along with the saved custom professions. Anyone else think this is a good idea?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:24:08 pm by PopTart »