Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.04] Tabula Rasa - A starting point for modding (v1.0)  (Read 2717 times)

LadyCookie

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Mechanic
    • View Profile
[47.04] Tabula Rasa - A starting point for modding (v1.0)
« on: March 12, 2020, 10:52:52 am »

The Tabula Rasa Project

Download Here!

Description: This mod is simply a very, very reduced version of the vanilla Raw files. The purpose of the Tabula Rasa project is to serve as a starting point for creating other mods, particularly "overhaul" mods that change the game from scratch. You can play the mod as-is, but it only contains the minimum necessary for the game to run, so you can test your own modifications. You can also import more vanilla content (animals, plants, stones and metals, etc), if you know what you're doing.

Installation: Extract the Tabula Rasa file somewhere. Go to your raw folder; remove the "objects" subfolder, and replace with the one contained in the mod.

Features:
  • Four types of wood
  • Copper, Iron and Gold; plus Bronze and Steel alloys (and cotton candy, of course)
  • Less types of rock, ores, soils and gemstones
  • A very reduced but somewhat broad animal selection across all biomes
  • Less types of clothes
  • Two-handed sword renamed to Claymore [ITEM_WEAPON_CLAYMORE] and large dagger renamed to just dagger [ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER]
Credits: No need to give credits, I didn't do much.
I have nothing to put here

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Tabula Rasa - A starting point for modding (v1.0)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 11:03:26 am »

I've done it in old versions, and I keep my version for some of versions as well.
I don't have one for the new version. This is going to be handy if I decide to go for Fallout mod or something.

Thank you so much for your work :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LadyCookie

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:55:39 pm »

I've done it in old versions, and I keep my version for some of versions as well.
I don't have one for the new version. This is going to be handy if I decide to go for Fallout mod or something.

Thank you so much for your work :).

No problem! I actually made this because I didn't find anything similar for the current version. The closest I found were the very old Simplicity Mod and the DF4S original file, both for ancient versions. So I had to make one!

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 01:11:33 am »

Oh, this'll be super useful for my planned Eorzea mod!  Thanks!
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 10:09:00 pm »

There's a couple of reactions which don't exist anymore, and mushrooms don't have mushroom caps. Small issues, just letting you know.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LadyCookie

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 10:52:06 am »

There's a couple of reactions which don't exist anymore, and mushrooms don't have mushroom caps. Small issues, just letting you know.

Sorry for the very late reply. I just tested, and it seems to be working fine here. There's no error log, and I just dug into the caves and saw the mushroom caps. I don't know what went wrong with yours...