Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [SG] Abandoned Acolyte  (Read 1658 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Abandoned Acolyte
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 04:05:47 pm »

“Infiltrating the army train might be tough.”, the succubus remarks after hearing your request. After turning thoughtful for a moment, she quickly blooms into a lusty smile, “But whoring myself out sounds like a great time! I'll do it!”

Mulling over the matter some more, Cindy's plan is rather straight-forward. What with them having travelled together for months, the local “sluts” - as she puts it – should be more than well-known already. She would try to nab one of them once they venture outside, and then replace her. She also states adamantly that she would be able to tell apart any “slut” from the presumably rare “normal” women, male lust apparently clinging to their bodies long after the act. Something that even washing up won't be able to erase, though she doubts they would do much of that.

On the matter of taking a brainwashed slave for herself, she is rather pumped, but doubtful if she can work something out – by your best guess of her character, she will do her utmost to make it happen if it is feasible to do so.

“Let's see how much my hips can earn you~” is Cindy's parting shout. Good grief, good riddance – or so you tell yourself, at least.
You certainly won't miss her incessant flirting, her striking of sultry poses, catching glimpses of what little she hides beneath her “clothes”, nor her seductive scent. Nope, you won't miss any of that, at all.

Travelling on without your lust daemon, turns out far more quiet than you have grown used to. Either way, the local area is well-known to all of you and good time is made. Besides the occasional scarlet brook or purple tree, the only signs of life comes from a pack of feral hell-hounds, who elect to give you a wide berth once their noses pick up what exactly is travelling through their area. By the time the evening sun paints the land an unworldly shade of red, you feel somewhat drained, but elect to push on long into the night.

When you eventually decide to set up camp, you are only half a league or so from leaving the Infernal Hills. While lighting fire would be pushing it, the copse of tainted woods should shield you well, with any intruders spotted long before they arrive.

While your servants have little problem with staying up for several days, your body demands an urgent rest - and what little sleep the demons need to stay in top-shape, you have allowed them to get in short shifts. Before drifting off to sleep yourself, your mind wanders on which way to take.

It is at least an eight-day trek until you will reach the destroyed hamlet by Mount Wardsplit, where you plan to meet up with your succubus. A few leagues of travel from the major dwarven city of Goldbent, there are three paths you could take to reach there.

Kringrip Route – 85 Leagues +
Stretching along its namesake river, all the way from the ocean to the dwarven trade-city of Goldbent and beyond, this once major trade-route is easy to travel on, in great condition, and awfully exposed at most points.
It comes with a steady supply of water, which nowadays is even safe to drink – the lack of forges and settlements discharging their refuse into it upstream, having done wonders for its taste. You could also count on easy lodging, with plenty of abandoned townships along the route. Due to the easy terrain, this would be the only route where you could stay off the road for longer durations of time, albeit doing so would decrease your travelling speed substantially.

Irkspire Route – 120 Leagues +
Winding its way up and along the former border, this stretch was built back when humans and dwarves didn't see as eye-to-eye as they did in recent times. While still a minor trade-route on account of the eastern settlements, it comes with all the good and bad of most mountain-roads; nigh impassable for convenient cavalry, lots of changes in elevation, good cover over long distances, and some stretches where one can't even leave the road – at least not for hiding.
To reach it, you would need to travel maybe five leagues through kingdom territory, with one bigger city by the former border to hide in if you choose so. Stopping about three leagues short of Goldbent, it will take you back unto the Kringrip route – though by then it would only be a small river, instead of the stream it becomes in the lowlands.

Roundabout Irkspire Route – 170 Leagues +
Turning east instead of north, this trek would take you deep into former Dint-Axe territory, going a long way east before any chance to turn north presents itself. A bit desolate at times, there also are a few townships that you could seek shelter in. This route would be a hard trek, with two mountain-passes that the crusaders could man as choke-points, if they have the manpower to do so. Luckily, this should be a story for after you pass them – unless you dawdle away a day or two.

Which Route do you wish to take?
There also is the question if you wish to have your minions just stay guard while you sleep, or risk exposure by leaving them to productive chores; Hunting for your food or looting any settlements you might stop by at, come to mind.

Spoiler: Arkand Golheim (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Expanded upon our status, which was a rush-job before. Though it still is a bit of a work in progress, I it'll have to do for now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:27:04 pm by escaped lurker »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 05:06:57 pm »

Keep the 8 magogs at your side as you rest to keep watch. Send out the Fiends to try and round up and subdue Feral Hell-Hounds as you rest.

Take the Kringrip Route. We are ahead of the army, and I'd rather take my chances with fighting off a few of their outriders than risk running out of water. Any non-army people we come across can be easy prey.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 05:18:45 pm »

Keep the 8 magogs at your side as you rest to keep watch. Send out the Fiends to try and round up and subdue Feral Hell-Hounds as you rest.

Take the Kringrip Route. We are ahead of the army, and I'd rather take my chances with fighting off a few of their outriders than risk running out of water. Any non-army people we come across can be easy prey.

+1, though I'm worried we may be getting too grabby too soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 07:53:09 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 08:46:41 pm »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 [2]