Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 34029 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2018, 07:57:08 am »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2018, 02:53:41 pm »

The journey is uneventful. Hunters go out, and return with more beasts several more of the ratlike creatures. Samana mostly stays behind, making sure the burnwolf does not flee. It seems oddly subdued by your presence. Damena leads the tribe in chanting praises and sacrificing some of the captured beasts, while other tribesmen slash at themselves and use the bloody knives to carve totems of you, scattering them about that others may learn of your glory.

It's enjoyable enough, but eventually grows a bit boring, although things do grow more interesting when some of the women fall pregnant. You can feel the little lives growing in their stomachs, and sense they may be affected by your presence. The ratlike beasts have also had a couple litters, and the children seem noticeably larger than their parents, but also far less cowed by you. If this continues, you may prove unable to direct their mutation.

Eventually, you reach Satva lands, and in a stroke of luck, you run across one of their members, a slim man wearing a set of dark leather armor which seems to shift slightly. He is knelt before you, writhing in terror but unable to escape the grip of two of your stronger followers. His mind opens to you, and you rapidly learn many things. First, the Satva are in contact with several different tribes. Second, they have at least a vague idea of how to work copper. Or at least he has, having successfully snuck into Caz through a tunnel. Third, the Satva are moving further east, and are another five day’s journey from where you are.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2018, 03:24:33 pm »

Force this man to share the secret of copper, and move onwards to the Satva tribe.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2018, 03:40:07 pm »

Force this man to share the secret of copper, and move onwards to the Satva tribe.
+1 magically fuse him with a thorny tree which spikes him and hurts while also prolonging his life so he can suffer and bleed for us eternally...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2018, 04:55:34 pm »

+1 just this one
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2018, 12:13:03 am »

+1 just this one
1+ Copper now that has interesting implications it does show that what ever tribe/village can have people specialize and not have any problems with food Which does imply agriculture or at least some fine hunting grounds both are useful for us
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:21:26 am by Basil ii »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2018, 12:20:26 am »

From what you have gleaned, it’s not so much agriculture as taking food in trade for copper: they have traveling bands, and tribes go to them to offer food and other supplies in exchange for tools.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2018, 04:04:29 am »

+1 just this one
1+ Copper now that has interesting implications it does show that what ever tribe/village can have people specialize and not have any problems with food Which does imply agriculture or at least some fine hunting grounds both are useful for us
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2018, 10:34:08 am »

Trembling, and with frequent, pathetic requests for mercy, the man begins to speak, describing how the Caz scratch at the side of their hills and dig tunnels braced with tree branches to gather up various rocks, mostly green or shiny brown ones. They take these rocks and throw them in fires enclosed in clay, and molten copper comes out and is molded and hammered into shape.

Hesitantly, he reaches into his pouch and pulls out a few pieces of shiny brown stone, holding them up to you. As you examine the rocks, the Satva elbows one of his guards and then runs off, his armor shifting to make him nothing more than a vague shadow. Unfortunately for him, he runs in a blind panic and so heads straight to Samana and the burnwolf, which looks eager for the meal, charging forth and swatting him to the ground. He isn’t dead yet, but he will be if you don’t do something soon.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2018, 10:36:53 am »

Do nothing, let them eat him
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2018, 11:07:19 am »

Let them savage him a bit, then pull him back to us. Don't heal him, but set it up so that our magic sustains his body. Should he attempt to betray us or run away, we'll cut off the magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2018, 01:31:08 pm »

Do nothing, let them eat him

+1 we are done with him anyways
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2018, 02:48:35 pm »

Let them savage him a bit, then pull him back to us. Don't heal him, but set it up so that our magic sustains his body. Should he attempt to betray us or run away, we'll cut off the magic.
1+ We can use him later

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2018, 02:58:56 pm »

1+ We can use him later
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38