Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 34332 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2018, 07:46:35 pm »

Oh, a question: do you guys want me to put options for possible actions at the end of each post?

Also, I would appreciate PMing me with any writing feedback.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2018, 07:53:36 pm »

Seek out Samana and comvert him to our cause.
Before leaving invoke wrath and anger within the tribe, so that all of them squabble as we are going for samana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2018, 05:45:35 am »

Before leaving invoke wrath and anger within the tribe, so that all of them squabble as we are going for samana.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2018, 07:36:15 am »

+1
1+

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2018, 12:00:06 pm »

You turn towards the tribe, ignoring Samana for the moment, and you send out a wave of dark energy, latching on to every bit of angry and malice that lurks within their souls. Arguments erupt, and rapidly turn into fights. Weapons are drawn, and then abandoned as what was a series of duels rapidly turns into a bestial massacre. They bite and claw and hurl at each other, with no regard for anything but their own fury. Sazona is trampled as he lies near unconsciousness, and the shaman watches in horror. He attempts some spell to calm the people, but his apprentice, in the throes of his own wrath, retaliates, calling upon your own strength. “Beleth!” he howls as he forcibly drains all the life from the man who was practically his father, and he calls your name once more as he feels your wicked delight as his own.

Samana seems to have blocked out the mortal world for now, and he whispers into your mind. “ You gave me strength. Why?”

Turning a fragment of your attention to him, you reply. “ I am in need of a champion. I saw your might when you defeated your brother, and so I granted you power.” Taking a moment, you scan through his desires. “I seek to unite this world under one banner. Those who follow me, who stand with me, will rise with me. Will you follow me, Samana of the Scale?”, the words tasting foul but the deception tasting sweet.

Samana kneels.” By my ancestors, I Samana of the Scale, do swear to follow and stand with the spirit Beleth that my tribe and people shall rise.” He notices you flinch as he says the sacred words, but is quickly distracted as you force him to feel the same pleasure those currently in the throes of wrath do.

And you cut off the violence before any die but the shaman, drinking in the evil, growing strong. A simple rush of power keeps everyone alive, and keeps them eager to fight, although they are not quite at the point of violence right now. They are a=Belso all ready to follow you, to varying degrees – some feel guilt over what they have done, some feel only the desire for more.

(You rolled a bloody 100!)

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2018, 12:38:21 pm »

Samana will be our champion, but the apprentice - ex-apprentice - shall be our priest. Who is he?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2018, 12:39:47 pm »

Samana will be our champion, but the apprentice - ex-apprentice - shall be our priest. Who is he?
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2018, 01:02:40 pm »

His name is Danena, and he’s made quite the impression on Samana and other tribe members for a willingness to skirt taboos, powerful magic, and a relentless curiosity. He has tried to sneak into the forges of the Caz twice, getting caught and beaten to near death both times.

By the way, ask if you want anything in the glossary.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2018, 01:10:24 pm »

Well, that our guy
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2018, 01:13:55 pm »

Appear before them and announce: "I am the true god. I am Beleth. The power to give and to take life is mine. Worship me, and you will be strong. Defy me and you shall perish."

Then demand that the tribe build an idol of us and begin to prepare to conquer the world in our glorious name.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2018, 01:45:35 pm »

Appear before them and announce: "I am the true god. I am Beleth. The power to give and to take life is mine. Worship me, and you will be strong. Defy me and you shall perish."

Then demand that the tribe build an idol of us and begin to prepare to conquer the world in our glorious name.

If we do that, we can also announce our chempion

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 02:07:45 pm »

Make samana our champion. Instead of revealing ourselves we only whisper into the apprentice's ear. He is to asume the role of proper tribes shaman and covertly subvert the tribe whilst samana acts as an example. They are to practice magic cunning and physical prowess. Violence and torture are to become virtues.

I think we should reveal ourselves once the whole tribe is truely corrupted.

Also, what is the forges of the caz?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 02:16:12 pm »

Make samana our champion. Instead of revealing ourselves we only whisper into the apprentice's ear. He is to asume the role of proper tribes shaman and covertly subvert the tribe whilst samana acts as an example. They are to practice magic cunning and physical prowess. Violence and torture are to become virtues.

I think we should reveal ourselves once the whole tribe is truely corrupted.

1+

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2018, 02:24:55 pm »

The Caz are the most powerful tribe in the People of the Scale. They control a mountain which has a mine in it, and they are the only tribe who knows how to work metal and where they get it from, although everyone knows it has something to do with the mine.

I will do a glossary entry for them in a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38