Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 34306 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #525 on: November 11, 2018, 10:30:19 pm »

Turn a quarter of our Rouses into Heightened.

Also,
We have heard of the crystal ones, but not the spirit-keepers.

But first, we need more stone beasts. Maybe not exactly like this one, but now that we know it possible - even having an example to draw from - it should be trivial to grant this power to our other experiments.
+1
+1.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 12, 2018, 07:43:51 am »

Turn a quarter of our Rouses into Heightened.

Also,
We have heard of the crystal ones, but not the spirit-keepers.

But first, we need more stone beasts. Maybe not exactly like this one, but now that we know it possible - even having an example to draw from - it should be trivial to grant this power to our other experiments.
+1
+1.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38:38 pm »

I would appreciate some more consensus on what to do and what not to do.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 12, 2018, 06:52:29 pm »

Let me add my vote to "not doing the Banner thing" alongside NRDL, as well as going ahead and getting more beasts.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 12, 2018, 08:30:56 pm »

Let me add my vote to "not doing the Banner thing" alongside NRDL, as well as going ahead and getting more beasts.
I second this, and move that we turn at least a quarter of our rouses into Heightened. We need more supernatural and magical support, and  we've already seen good results so far.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 12, 2018, 09:00:12 pm »

That will be extremely costly in terms of power or sacrifice. You have a lot of rouses.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 12, 2018, 09:13:08 pm »

"at least a quarter" is way too many. I suggest the strongest, best 10% at most.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 12, 2018, 09:29:24 pm »

What is the ratio of Rouse sacrifices needed to generate enough power to elevate a rouse? 1:2? 1:3?
Perform a quick experiment to figure that out.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 12, 2018, 09:35:56 pm »

What is the ratio of Rouse sacrifices needed to generate enough power to elevate a rouse? 1:2? 1:3?

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 13, 2018, 03:29:17 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 13, 2018, 02:31:38 pm »

You send Banner out once more, to find more about the empire to the south. War between equal powers is often a fertile situation for your kind, and you wish to know all you can about both sides as you engineer a conflict. That done, you decide to do some more work on your beasts, especially on the stone creature and your rouses.

The stone creature is difficult for you to understand, as it seems to operate on a very different set of rules than those you are used to, and probing its mind leads to a confusing whirlwind of thousands of voices which all flee from you in a chaotic, unpredictable way. You let the creature graze on the hills, and it seems content enough, but its gaze follows you in an eerily intelligent way.

You ignore that for now, as you have other things to learn. Specifically, how many rouses does it take to make a Heightened? After a long and entertaining series of trials, you find that while ordinarily, it takes ten rouses slowly and painfully killed to make one a Heightened, if you have rouses from the same colony kill each other it only takes five.

Damena and the Seductress come back, with no notable successes or failures coming from their expedition. Some seeds have been planted in the traders, but it is uncertain if they will sprout. They come from several different settlements, mostly outposts controlled by the Empire of the Crystal Throne. They mostly think well of the Empire, and there was little discontent.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 13, 2018, 06:29:09 pm »

Is that rouse ratio proportionate  to the amount of power we spent?  If so, we could probably turn a few hundred into Heightened.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 14, 2018, 01:21:22 am »

Is that rouse ratio proportionate  to the amount of power we spent?  If so, we could probably turn a few hundred into Heightened.

I don't know if we *want* a few hundred. Despite their name, they are barely demons. Just imps really.

Maybe a dozen or so heightened, but then let's try doing the same thing with one of our Leplenas, or even a human slave. Maybe we can get some quality demons out here.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 14, 2018, 06:30:18 am »

I don't know if we *want* a few hundred. Despite their name, they are barely demons. Just imps really.

Maybe a dozen or so heightened, but then let's try doing the same thing with one of our Leplenas, or even a human slave. Maybe we can get some quality demons out here.
+1

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 14, 2018, 07:19:15 am »

It sounds like a good idea, but we've only got 5 Leplenas.  Even with our  new mutation skills, we don't exactly have the resources  to test them  out en-masse.  I'm  going to put out a +1 for corrupting some  human slaves.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38