Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 34023 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2018, 05:18:33 pm »

Voting for reveal.

Further corruption risks damaging the goods.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2018, 05:22:46 pm »

I support reveal, we made ourselves a good opening
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2018, 04:50:12 am »

I also support revealing ourselves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2018, 09:52:47 am »

I will do the update in a couple hours then, with you revealing yourself.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2018, 12:19:40 pm »

As people stagger about, the sudden onslaught of fury fades, leaving them bewildered and confused. Many begin to shake their heads, clearing away the lingering haze of your influence. Damena the apprentice does as well, but then he grabs it back, dragging a few others with him back into the bloodthirsty state they escaped from.

It is in this environment you reveal yourself, leaping onto the stone at the center of their encampment, which shudders under your weight. Samana rushes back, eyes wide with eagerness, and as you speak, he pushes his way to the front of the crowd below. ”Kneel.” you say, and both Samana and Damena do, and as you reward their obedience about half of the tribe drops down as well.

There is a long, tense silence, as both sides taste the evil in the air, and realize there is only one possible option. Blades are drawn, spells are readied, and then Damena unleashes a hideous vortex of magic, drawing on some source of power beyond the carven totems, which turn from brown to a crisp black and white as he sends a whirlwind of devastation through the tribe, killing no one but turning many limbs into twisted blades of bone that flail about randomly, slashing and tearing at those who defy you.

With a roar that freezes the blood, you leap down and your hands grow wicked claws, eviscerating four men holding stone axes, and Samana darts forward to split two skulls, but most people remain confused and unprepared, and so little blood is shed by your followers, who are quick to run and gather around you, only five falling, with one man being injured. Incredibly, all five fall to one man, standing nearly as tall as you and wielding a massive bone-studded log. Both sides are terrified, panicked, and confused, but both are led by fierce champions. No one dares run, their eyes full of hatred. As Damena unleashes another spell, this one amplified by your evil might.

Together you turn the ground from solid earth to a viscous, acidic muck below the feet of your enemies, and many fall into it, screaming as the skin of their legs melts off. You drink in the agony, and use it to fuel more magic turning the ground solid once more.

As one, your followers kneel, surrounded by pleas for mercy, promises of service, and screams of agony. ”Beleth!Beleth!Beleth!” they chant, Samana and Damena the loudest of them all. There is only one who remains silent: the giant warrior.

You have a cult now. Name them, describe how they should worship you, add any flavor you want.

You will also have to decide what to do with those who defied you and yet live.

Finally, you will have to decide what to do with your cult now. I assume you want Damena to become a champion along with Samana?

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2018, 12:53:04 pm »

We should keep damena a champion he could prove to be useful

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2018, 01:34:11 pm »

Chain the giant and corrupt him through constant earwhispering. Sacrifice other survivors. Afterall we need to become more powerful...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2018, 03:56:47 pm »

Our cult shall be called the Scythes of Beleth and they shall worship us through hard drinking, blood sacrifice (not necessarily lethal), vigorous reproduction, and conquest.

The defiant shall be robbed of their will through magic and enslaved for the benefit of our followers. Their champion will be humiliated and left stuck in the ground to die.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2018, 04:01:04 pm »

Our cult shall be called the Scythes of Beleth and they shall worship us through hard drinking, blood sacrifice (not necessarily lethal), vigorous reproduction, and conquest.

+1
I disagree about the giant and the defiants. Id let them be poor but free to go. Of course we also have a law stating that if you leave killing you is a high honour.

We should learn about the giant and his weaknesses.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2018, 04:24:16 pm »

I agree with most of Detox's stuff.
However, I think that we should also give some praise to the giant for his strength, will, etc. We appreciate true, deadly strength wherever it lies... and it discredits him in the eyes of the other defiants that we're praising him.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2018, 04:27:31 pm »

Just so you guys know, you can do multiple actions at once.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2018, 05:14:55 pm »

Offer the giant a  fight with our champion and if he loses he joins us if he wins he is free.

Also search the area for predators and befrie d them.

Order Dandala to build a proper shrine for you and to oversee the tribe while we are gone.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2018, 06:32:16 pm »

Remember guys, this is a tribe of nomads. Permanent building is really not their thing.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2018, 07:50:23 pm »

Remember guys, this is a tribe of nomads. Permanent building is really not their thing.
That's why they should put up monuments to us wherever they camp, then leave them there!

Then future nomads can find those monuments later and LEARN OF THE GLORY OF US.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2018, 01:38:30 am »

Now that I think about it can’t we just build totems in our image? We could quite easily make one small enough for our cult to carry around without being unnecessarily burdened
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:55:23 am by Basil ii »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38