Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42848 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 1: The First Fiasco of Many]
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2018, 01:29:01 pm »

((Items that do not exist don't tend to have ammunition.  It first needs to exist, and then it could have ammo.  ;-p))
((Not sure if i get the joke there, but whatever.))
((The joke is that you were trying to enchant the ammo to Erin's autocannon, which didn't exist because he couldn't create it. Or at least, I thought you were. If you were trying to enchant the ammo for his rifle, oops. But that doesn't have ammo either.))
((Wait, what? I even said "If he manages to start building a cannon, replace my action with this one". Wrong wording, uncareful edits... But... Ugh...
Ediedit: Well, thanks for answers. ))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:32:11 pm by MCreeper »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2018, 02:02:21 pm »

My assumption is that I can use my metal magic to make things behave like or take on aspects of metal and metal objects.
((Correct, though bear in mind it's easier to do with more similar things. Making copper behave like steel is easier than making air behave like steel, making tin float like air is easier than making lead float like air, and so on.))
I'm not so much trying to make the air act like metal in terms of hardness so much as in terms of cutting power. You probably have heard the term "razor wind" - from Pokémon if nothing else :P - and it's that kind of imagery and effect that I'm trying to invoke here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2018, 08:28:50 pm »

"Ow. My face hurts of some reason! Oh well, what was I doing?"

...Attract a swarm of ravens, making them fast, strong, and tough, and sending them to attack the Horror. Additionally imbue the ravens with deathly auras, which drain their target's life force.

And do a fucking awesome pose.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2018, 03:47:05 am »

Life: Construct a healing ward, and enable it to replicate upon further spell charges--focus on it (for...me to fail less in making this! It's pretty much a magical first aid kit bundle of healing that I can throw at stuff!)[/b]
   ((Nothing i have seen so far has led me to believe that "not failing" is a valid additional effect, at least because if you fail, you apparently fail at everything at once, including not failing. And you can't really make it a separate action either. So... if "skill" really doesn't affect anything except allowed power and complexity (and magnitude of ensuing fail), it would be that someone without any skill with guns trying to shoot a pistol and rolling 1 will fail to deal with recoil and drop it on his foot, and "god of gunning" with skill of 6 really going all out and rolling 1 will... put it in his mouth and shoot? Shoot everyone present who isn't an enemy (replace guns with whatevermagic)? Sounds a bit weird, but fine.  :-\

And fucking action edit. Once again. Not too significant, but edit none the less. ))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:55:14 am by MCreeper »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2018, 04:52:19 am »

I should've gotten Metamagic just to mess around with the dice.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2018, 01:29:38 pm »

Before casting the present turn's spells, Jeffery turns to look at his new found allies. "So hey! Who's up for some ice breakers? The middle of combat seems to be the best time for such a thing. I'm Jeffery."

"Hm."

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2018, 06:56:04 pm »

Before casting the present turn's spells, Jeffery turns to look at his new found allies. "So hey! Who's up for some ice breakers? The middle of combat seems to be the best time for such a thing. I'm Jeffery."
"My surname is Li, and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character. Very nice to meet you, perhaps you will join me for some tea once all of this hullaballoo is over with?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2018, 08:20:41 pm »

Jeffery blinks a few times, pleasantly surprised by the fact that for once he has succeeded at social interaction.

"Oh. Uh, yeah! Tea sounds great!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2018, 04:11:41 pm »

Turn 2: Nice Shot

Abomination
Mutate the abomination's flesh to be very inflammable and sticky. Use vitamancy to heal anyone that's injured and to make them healthier.
[2] The skin just sloughs off into probably-flammable muck. Technically you damaged it?

[4] You heal the witch. That's your good deed for the day! Or is healing witches a wicked deed. Hrm.

Abomination takes 1 damage
From heals fully

get back away from the abomination. (Does a move action take up an action? If it does, then just do the first action and put all 5 LIFE points on it, instead of just 2.)
Action 1- Put all 3 points of BONE and 2 points of LIFE into making it’s internal skeleton erupt into lots and lots of bony spikes. Then make those spikes rattle and shake around of their own accord.
Action 2 Use all 3 FLESH and 3 LIFE to divide his muscles into lots of little independent things. Make them fight and push and pull to get away from each other. Try to make each one a unique living thing, with the singular purpose of getting as far away from each other as possible.

(("Take a step back and keep attacking" actions are generally nonissues, because if it's possible and productive to do that you're generally assumed to be doing so. Usually it won't be, because running from a charging boar while firing arrows at it over your shoulder is harder than it sounds.

"Disengage from this target and flee or attack a different one" probably doesn't require an action either, but it is a distinct action.))

[5] You make little boneshardlings erupt inside the thing's... skeleton. Man, it is about as weird as you'd expect in there.

[1] You empower its muscles into a symbiotic- wait, wait that's not right. You're supposed to be fighting! Stop discovering the real meaning of friendship!

Abomination gains 2 damage/turn bleed from wriggling bones
Abomination gains +2 damage
+1 Bone
+1 Flesh

[5] They can't mind what they can't see! Whether this is because you're hiding in their shadows or standing behind them is up for debate.
The beauty of ninjaturgy is in not having to believe in a distinction!

Feeling that the golems are probably well in hand now, Erik looks around to take in the general state of the battle. And then he notices a chance to apply his unique skillset!
NINJATURGY is the art of misdirection, illusion, and displacement! Among other things! A point of ninjaturgy to make Devorae see the other allies as wraiths while he's wraithslaved! Another point to make him see the foes as normal people to harvest delicious life force or whatever it is wraithslaved people do from!

Then he considers the Abomination. And decides that it is "ew" and "needs to die". Three expertly thrown shurikens, each with its own aura of lightning, fly into the abomination's face from various directions! With an extra point of ninjaturgy on each, Erik leaps through the shadows as he throws the shurikens so that they appear to come from all over and won't give away his position.
[3] You tape a slip of paper over his face helpfully delineating "TASTY ALLIES" and "FRIEND WRAITHS" with pointing arrows. It should be effective so long as he doesn't turn his head or suspect the paper is lying.

[3] You hurl several shurikens at the abomination, but your jogging from expert ambush spot to expert ambush spot probably gives away who did it.

Devorae mesmerized! Probably!
Abomination takes 6 damage
Abomination knows it was you
He can't prove anything!
But he's pretty sure

"Blasted thing. Go down!"

Archimedes lays a Returnamantic enchantment on the ground underneath the abomination, an enchantment that will return the weight of whatever steps on it to whatever steps on it. Hence crushing the abomination under its own weight. He puts his remaining Returnamancy points into causing the enchantment to multiply the weight it inflicts.

Archimedes remains on medical overwatch. Seems like his slightly mad compatriots will need it.
[4] You lay your cunning trap and wait. By the way, you're very close to the abomination now. That might be relevant in a moment.

[6] You turn to heal your allies, hunger in your eyes, but none of those engaging the abomination need healing! What an unusual condition.

Returnamancy Gravity Trap set
+1 Vitamancy

"Ow. My face hurts of some reason! Oh well, what was I doing?"

...Attract a swarm of ravens, making them fast, strong, and tough, and sending them to attack the Horror. Additionally imbue the ravens with deathly auras, which drain their target's life force.

And do a fucking awesome pose.

[4] You scream CAW CAW loudly and are answered by a swarm of death ravens. Why there's a swarm of death ravens within earshot is something nobody should be concerned about.

[2+1] You look pretty awesome until a bug flies directly into your mouth and you have to cough it out. You manage to make the repeated spitting actions look pretty grizzled, at least.

Death Raven Swarm

[5] The abomination launches itself forward, hits the returnamancy trap, flies up rather than down, and blots out the sun as a noodly harbinger of the apocalypse. Archimedes briefly rechecks his math in his head.

[1] vs Archimedes
[6] vs Auntie
[1] vs Erik

It sails over the group, flailing Archimedes and Erik into the air and landing directly atop Auntie. The ninja and the philosopher exchange shrugs in mid-air, while Auntie's reply, if any, is muffled by several hundred pounds of crime against man and god.

Archimedes and Erik: Sick Airtime
Auntie takes 10 damage, now Crushed
Auntie's shield absorbs 2 damage, deals 2 damage to abomination
Abomination takes 2 dmg from bone spikelings

Spoiler: Abomination Group (click to show/hide)

Golems
"Oi what absolute GARBAGE amalgam is this? By me gran's HAIRY, PUTRID CHIN."

Use NECROMANCY to DISRUPT the souls inside the golems, and another to draw them OUT OF THEIR SHELLS.

Quickly MASON DEADLY SPIKES onto the BEAUTIFUL STATUES in ARTISTICALLY APPEALING LOCATIONS and then magically make them CRUSH THE GOLEMS.

[6] You shuck a good portion of soulstuff right out of one of the golems. Violently out of the golem. Excessively out of the golem.

Where does it go, you ask? You know where it goes. It goes the same place all unclean magical substances go. It goes right into your mouth.

So good news, the golem looks weaker. Bad news, you feel the corruption clawing at your soul.

[5] You expertly chisel some of your cage into spikes. Some might question the wisdom of putting your arm inside the cage with a pair of thrashing golems trying to get out, but some might question the wisdom of a lot of things you do routinely and while drunk. Stone magic helps push your makeshift projectiles into the shitty golems, at the cost of a great deal of your cage's structural stability.

6 damage to Golem A
Now Slightly Possessed
8 damage to each golem and the cage
+1 Necromancy
+1 Masonry

"Mmm."

Smith moves towards the caged golems, standing only 10 feet away when he casts his second spell.

[4] You manage to crush the first almost entirely into the second, which results in a very awkward looking combination golem. Not surprisingly, it looks rather wobbly.

[6] ((Dummy roll. You should probably use your second action!))

3 damage to Golem A
2 damage to Golem B
+1 Metal Passion

[1] The remaining golem bursts halfway through the cage, then gets stuck. It makes hollow angry CAW noises that resonate with Mordre for some reason.

Spoiler: Golem Group (click to show/hide)

Wraiths
Jeffery summons a shield, like a really big one, using one point of summoning for the base effect and another for the large size of the shield. He also uses a point of metal to make the shield out of cast iron, and another to have it menace with cast iron spikes.

He then summons a tall golem with the strength to world said shield. One point of summoning goes to the base spell, another to slightly increase its power so that it may wield the shield, and a third point so that it makes puns about everything it does. He also adds a point of metal to summon it out of tungsten.

[2] You summon a rusty plate. This is very technically a shield, and so you have very technically succeeded.

[6] You then summon a giant golem. It's so big and heavy it's sinking into the dirt.

"TALK ABOUT KNEE DEEP IN TROUBLE" it rumbles.

Fatass Tungsten Golem Summoned
+1 Summoning

"...Maybe I got a bit carried away there." Anna would groan a bit on the ground from within her sticky barrier shell. She'd give it a few test pokes, confirming it was rather hard.

Right. Well, first things first. "Spirit of Gaia, grant me the blessing of recovery! Restoration!" Anna will channel her VITAMANCY to restore her own LIFE FORCE as best she can.

Following that, since breaking a barrier from a prone state will be rather difficult, Anna casts a PROTECTIVE BARRIER between herself and the head of the GRAVITY HAMMER, then ACTIVATES the hammer's rocket - "Mana Charge!" - EMPOWERING the destructive force of the hammer's rocket with DESTRUCTION MAGIC to SMASH the STICKY BARRIER - "Gravity Hammer!" - and free herself from the ground, hopefully letting her return to the fight without killing herself in the process.
[6] You feel FANTASTIC and GREAT and DEFINITELY NOT A FEW TURNS FROM A LIFE FORCE CRASH!

[3] The shielded head of the hammer (casting it between you and the hammer proper would require another action) gets tangled in the sticky outer shielding. Now you can't attack normally AND your hammer is stuck.

Fully heal
Gain Life High: Crash in 3 turns
Now Entangled
+1 Vitamancy

Damnit. And here I was thinking metal magic would actually let me generate metal. And that a thing being able to rotate to point at enemies - enemies being identified with a different artifice point system - would also be an artifice point.
Not that the latter matters without the first.

Air-cool my gun; if successful, fire again, with passion, with utmost accuracy (the passion is for the accuracy, obviously :p). Additionally, draw metal out of the ground below the wraiths' feet, demolishing their momentum and, hopefully, impaling some; or, if the wraiths are already defeated, do this to the nightmares, instead.
I'm going to assume that those are each 1 point for my air and metal magic; please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm willing for the metal to be 2.
Then, send great gusts of air, as sharp as steel blades, through the enemy ranks. Aaaand there should be another point each for my metal and air magic.
Fine. Then in that case, do the air-cooling (maybe with an extra point of Artifice just to make it better), and then use my rifle as kind of a focus for the blades of air (basically use it to aim the shots, so that I can use my gun passion to help me shoot).
My assumption is that I can use my metal magic to make things behave like or take on aspects of metal and metal objects.
And then pump the rest of my air and metal into the airblades.

And yeah, I'd assumed that the original metal thing might be 2 points.
((Please edit out old actions so I know which ones to follow. Otherwise I sometimes end up rolling actions before realizing they've been amended or replaced later on. D:<))

[5] You blow really hard on the crystal gun and it stops flickering weirdly, going back to a nice smokeless steady glow.

[2] You line up the shot with perfect accuracy, and time seems to slow down. Your breathing becomes a gradual ebbing of the tide, the frantic thrashing of the wraiths like dancing smoke. You see the shot in your mind, the wind curls around your wrists, and you pull the trigger.

Then time returns to normal and you see the shot perfectly veer into one wraith's hollow mouth, curve slightly, and go clean through the other's. Dealing virtually no damage, of course, because their mouths are just gaping ragged holes.

Gun no longer overheated
+1 Wind Passion
Now have +1 Crystalguns skill!
Trait gained!
Trickshot 1: You have a knack for hitting small objects at improbable angles. Not to deal damage or anything, just for knocking cards out of people's hands or lighting their cigar from a distance.

"Oh no."

Necromancy: actually develop that power of sucking life force like a wraith.

Enchantment: make the life force nibble capable of 1) switching to AoE and 2) easy to modulate in strength. If the succ wasn't acquired, just make the scepter harder.

[3] You enchant yourself with some minor ability to drain life force. It's not your best work, but it's easy to use.

[5] You have better luck with the scepter, hardening it for bashing open tasty life force containers.

Mini-Succ
Hardened Scepter
+1 Enchantment

((Welp, guess I'll try to refine them as I punch them so my Alchemy can see a bit of use.))

It appears there are now sufficient things to punch. Use all three points of Brawling to punch the wraith or wraiths, 3 points of alchemy to refine them as I punch them, 1 point to make the refined product solid, and one point to make sure it is safe to handle.
[3] You punch the last two wraiths to death (again?). A bit of nightmare essence falls out, but it gets kind of dusty.

[2] ((Dummy roll. Don't forget you have two actions per turn.))

Wraiths defeated
+1 Dusty Nightmare Essence

With your foe slain, you have no fear of counterattacks. Devorae straightens himself and whistles nonchalantly as Jeffrey notices him looming with an open mouth.

Spoiler: Wraith Group (click to show/hide)

Nightmares
Li Kao stand up in a huff, throwing the contents of his teacup on the patch of ground where the spirits appeared.

"Ancestor spirits! By the August Personage of Jade, do I loathe dealing with ancestor spirits! How garbage are their offspring that three ancestor spirits refuse to lift a single spectral finger in their defence?"

Fuming, he squeezes his little stress ball in rapid succession.

"I suppose if you want something done right, you have to beat the crap out of it yourself."

Squeeze my stress ball to calm down from dealing with those asshole ancestor spirits.

Then go and attack the nightmare swarm using the ancient technique: "Nimble Crane Pecks With Spectral Beak". A technique that has the user "dance" around the enemy's attacks, using fast punching strikes whenever an opening presents itself (wuxia 3). The fast strikes are supplemented by the Chi force of user, both increasing the punch's physical power (Chi magic 3) as well as allowing the punch to strike the spiritual core of the target (Chi magic 2).

[5] You squeeze your stress ball nice and good. Offhand, you notice it seems to absorb chi. It doesn't hunger for it the way a wraith would, but when you channel small bits of chi it seems to soak it up like the ground drinks water.

[6] You sweep through the nightmare swarm like a strong wind through idle leaves. It's very impressive, but you do accidentally punch that hero lady in the soul.

Swarm takes 16 damage
BB takes 6 damage
+2 Wuxia

Whooops, missed the first turn. Sorry, I was (and still are) busy.

Try to sneak away from the chaos and find the villagers from this town or a place to hide until the fights are over? Otherwise, try to summon deep creatures to protect me.
You notice a lot of faces poking out of the inn's barred-but-glassless windows, so you creep over there.

[2] Despite your insistence that "open up I'm a fairy", the villagers refuse to unbar the door and let you hide in the inn with them. You suppose you could wriggle in through the windows if you were very determined, but you'd break the (fairly weak) bracings.

[6] You could also bury yourself alive. Nobody expects warm, living prey to be hiding under hard-packed dirt!

+1 Mining Passion

"Dangit! I can't golem under pressure!" BB spit out the dirt raining on her while continuing to ora ora ora the hell out of the nightmare swarm, "There's way too many of whatever these things are supposed to be."

BB use EARTH to gather up the dirt she accidentally dug out and more dirt, and use ANIMATION to turn them into some kind of living earth mound. Another point to make it only attack and bury the nightmare swarm, because that's totally healthy for farming. Another point to make it constantly suck up more dirt to increase its mass.

She also uses MARTIAL ART to defensively avoid any attacks.
[4] You create a living compost pile that should indiscriminately mulch the nightmares.

[1] You get suckerpunched in the soul by that monk and fall into a pile of hungry nightmares.

Slight Fuckup: +3 damage from next attack
+1 Martial Arts

((Items that do not exist don't tend to have ammunition.  It first needs to exist, and then it could have ammo.  ;-p))
((Not sure if i get the joke there, but whatever.))

After expertly examining the rifle, Maren has come to a conclusion that:
1. He can't enchant rifle's ammo on account of it not having any.
2. He has mistaken about type of magic used. ((Is it even possible to create something like this with enchantment + whatever? Just asking.  :P ))
3. Trying to tinker with weapon belonging to a new aquintance and made with a bit unfamiliar magics may not be a best idea given the circumstances, or in general.
4. It is best to hand weapon back to it's owner for now, since enemies are getting close.
Well for the time being, I think just killing them would be fine, but if you could enchant the ammunition with anti-these-things properties or something like that, it would help!
But it does not have any...? I rather would not try to do anything with weapon itself, at least not now. And, how i should call you? My name is Maren.

[3] Checking to confirm that you do indeed have a sword to use your sword skill with, you attempt to divine whether the village is under near threat. Your expert senses have difficulty seeing past the current turmoil, but you get the premonition of an echo: You suspect the current assault (or some aspect or it) is not unique.
Well, that is not a surprise...
Retroactively say and do the things.

Enchant the sword to make it sharper (ench, swords?),  and release narrow (as a blade itself, ideally) wedge-shaped blasts of magical energy (or magically produced waves of kinetic energy, if GM decides to pull evil genie on me specifically for no reason) whenever it strikes something (ench 3, swords), in the direction of strike (ench?).

((If i can't do anything from this with my set of skills, i'll be angry.  >:( That's about as basic as one can get. Although last one may or may not need passion, (?) so i'm fine with skipping it if it is.))
If sword didn't get significantlly worse for killing nightmares and not killing yourself in the process (and my character haves reasonable way of knowing it ::) ),  AND nightmares wasn't buffed up somehow in the process of being killed by my teammates (+2 or more to damage buffed up, specifically),AND if there are no giant pile of dirt of doom that will kill me, AND nightmares are still alive after everyone else already hit them, attack them with my sword (swords. :P 2, if first is unused).
Just in case my ring was interpreted by GM as passive bonus that can be applied to this kind of stuff - use it to dodge things better.

[4] You enchant your sword to release arcs of magical force when swung.

[5] Then you use this new enchantment to reave nightmarelings, and even avoid hitting that hero girl standing in the middle of them in the process!

Iron Sword -> Arc-Enchanted Iron Sword
4 damage to swarm
+1 Swords

((I got auto'd! You kind people :D While I was being hit by signal 3 typhoons, y'all did nice things. Thank you!
Also what is Glow magic .-.; Also which one am I?! Also Sheyra is taking the FLOOR with this! :D ))

Protection: Craft a magicweave armor around the self, harmonized against the enemy (Life magic!), and able to be replicated; additional effects = stability, and protection against magical collateral damage (from literally everyone? From own magic? Either/or)

Life: Construct a healing ward, and enable it to replicate upon further spell charges--focus on it (for...me to fail less in making this! It's pretty much a magical first aid kit bundle of healing that I can throw at stuff!)

As everyone else does their thing, Akari takes time to create the foundations of something that may help everyone else out. She was very annoyed.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[3] You construct a shield around yourself, but it's a little sparse.

[2] Your attempts at a healing ward fall apart entirely. Apparently trying to compose it of discrete pieces affected the stability too much.

Now Lightly Shielded

[2] The nightmare horde swarms around BB, but she keeps throwing them off as they try to feed.

Spoiler: Nightmare Group (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 2: Nice Shot]
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2018, 04:34:17 pm »

"Now, this is why I'm a Magnificent Lady-Witch and you lot are a bunch of lame hedge mages.
You see hilarious misfortune, I see an opportunity!"

First, point dramatically.
Second, grab the currupty death essence stuff in Mordre and form it into a bird death spirit! It should:

• Be friendly to me.
  • BE FRIENDLY TO ME
  • Be definitely a crow.
  • Know some neat things.
  • Be really fast.
  • Possess an unrelenting fury and hatred for the living bad eldritch things.
  • Drain the life essence of things it attacks.
  • Be able to spit a... death energy projectile thing.
  • Regenerate from damage.
Spend my one death passion.

"Okay, so maybe it's a little hilarious."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:30:39 pm by Egan_BW »

Hotfire90

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2018, 04:35:55 pm »

Elen winces a little as the abomination lands on Auntie. "Hey you, crushed person. Wave your hand or something if you're still alive."

Use Vitamancy to fully heal Auntie, use all points to increase the power of the heal.

Then use Flesh to make the abomination's arm muscles shrink, use another point to further weaken them, also set the muscles on fire with a point of Fire.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2018, 05:11:21 pm »

"OH you wanna be in mah head? Tell you something INTERESTIN', THAT'S NAH MY PROBLEM you GIANT SACK of WRINKLED GIT!"

Use STONE and NECROMANCY to TEAR THE EXCESS SOUL out of myself and SHOVE it into a nearby BOULDER, that has been EXPERTLY MASONED into something HIGHLY INSULTING.

Then use MORE STONE MAGIC to THROW IT AT THE LAST GOLEM.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2018, 05:12:11 pm »

Smith glares back towards the dwarf mason.
"Tsk."

Spoiler: Action 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Action 2 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:20:05 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2018, 05:20:53 pm »

Trickshot 1: You have a knack for hitting small objects at improbable angles. Not to deal damage or anything, just for knocking cards out of people's hands or lighting their cigar from a distance.
Ah, so I can shoot weapons out of people's hands! Thank you!

Anyway, now that the wraiths are dead, fire a headshot (1 crystalgun skill) at the Abomination, with my Metal magic being used to transmute my bullet into metal and then cause it to turn really spiky once it gets inside, and then spins and moves around inside the abomination's body (3 metal skill and maybe 1 Artifice for the bullet alteration), and with the use of air magic to direct the winds to keep my bullet on course to the head (1 air skill).
And then put some strong winds in the faces of the nightmares to distract them (2 air skill plus passion).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:22:44 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2018, 05:33:08 pm »

((Hey IO, why is it Nightmare essence instead of Wraith essence? Is there a difference?))

Alright, Alchemy time. If the wraiths left corpses, work on refining them (4 Alchemy if designating the existing essence takes 1, 5 Alchemy if not) into  the essence I already have (1 Alchemy?). That should mean I don't have to waste the points on the safety and solidity again. If I have to waste the points, then use 3 for refining, 1 for "safe to handle" and 1 for "solid". And if anybody tries to interrupt me or mess with my essence(s) that I made, use my 3 Brawling to gouge their eyes out. Or crush their throat. Or bite their ears off. Or kick them in any exposed genitals. GM's choice, really. If I don't need to brawl this turn, use my second action to examine the glowing toothpick and more to see if I can figure out more about them. And if the wraiths didn't leave corpses for me to refine, use my Herbalism to find a plant (1) that is safe to handle (1) and enhances regeneration (1) without wandering into the other ongoing combats.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:39:00 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26