Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42972 times)

Hotfire90

Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 08:08:13 am »

Name: Elen Farley
Description: A short young woman. She wears a dark green robe and has long brown hair and green eyes.
Primary Skill: Vitamancy
Secondary Skills: Flesh, Fire
Precious Item: A bunch of magical potions.
Backstory: Elen was an adept healer working in the capital, she was banished when it was discovered that she did more than just healing the sick and wounded. She came to the village in search for more (un)willing test subjects and inspiration in her quest of self-improvement.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 04:22:48 am »

Irony you cad.
One moment.
Shit I hit new post.
Yay. Sheets edited in.
YOU TWO O_O

Sheet submitting too, because I am sad at our prequel :I

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Because no way am I dropping an opportunity to reference my old character that mysteriously disappeared in the midst of chaos and frustration.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:17:17 am by Tiruin »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 05:47:58 am »

Name: Jeffery Kentwood
Description: Jeffery's an interesting person. He's the blandest imaginable person to look at, but somehow everyone who even gazes at him already gets the feeling that he's, quite frankly, an asshole. Maybe it's the sunken eyes, the angry eyebrows, the perpetual scowl of concentration; he just exudes a rather mean aura. Which is quite unfortunate, as he's actually a rather nice guy.
Primary Skill: Summoning
Secondary Skills: Metal, Spears
Precious Item: Amulet of Farsight
Backstory: Jeffery just came here to help people after his own village was destroyed. Nobody believes him. They think he's here to extort them.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 08:26:15 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 07:53:58 am »

o/ Hi Tir!
You're the only other person to have put in a location sheet :P
EDIT wait no other people edited ones in after I set one up, nevermind.

EDIT2: Irony, just to make it a bit clearer, Yottawhat's village setup is the same as mine, solely excepting what the "terrible secret" is.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 01:03:26 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 11:14:28 pm »

[...](if this is too much, just alert me c:) ((also, I just realized Tiruin also used an amulet. Curses.))[...]
Heeey you're all good. Mine is moreso an orb and all that, for optics and utility!

That and I'm probably going to suffer x_x

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 12:24:02 am »

Alright, let's handle a bit of bookkeeping.

Quote from: Current Village Tally
West 3
South 2
North 1

Medium 4
Small 1
Large 1

Connected 3
Isolated 3

Special Resources:
Floatstone 2-1, I guess? I feel like voting for a specific alternative or GM's choice or somesuch is better than voting "anything but that"
Magic Rocks 1
Abstain 1
Paper wood and/or weapons and tools 1
Thus far looking like a Medium village in the Western Duchies which is both Connected and Isolated, with either floatstone or some kind of mulligan as its special resource for being medium.

Devorae the Devoted
Looks good.

Mordre Deepstone
Looks good.

Erin Quill
You may start with a full-blown magitech airship but it will likely come at a terrible price. Speaking of which, I'll allow Artifice as a more condition-dependent form of Enchanting, but you're unlikely to be making supercomputers without extensive investment.

Otherwise looks good.

Evelyn Adams, or “Auntie Adams”
Looks good.

Smith
Looks good.

Erntrinsticia Frombollywhotsit, Lady-witch of magnificence! Or From, for short.
Looks good.

Erik the Ninja
I would like to avoid all-in-one class skills, so ninjaturgy is unlikely to be useful for invisibility AND poison AND stabs. Some kind of semicoherent ninjutsu skill would work.

Otherwise looks good.

Archimedes
Not sure if I'm sold on a magic school of "do that thing right back to him!" Feels like it might be a little flat, what with doing that thing back to him every turn.

Otherwise looks good.

Li Kao
Looks good, assuming we can figure out what chi does.

Hrodpreht
Looks good. Not "good idea" good, just "free of major errors or technical issues" good.

Elen Farley
Looks good.

Akari Elleison
Looks good, but you don't have any light magics to focus through your heirloom yet.

Jeffery Kentwood
I feel like this amulet is going to be useless and/or stupidly powerful. You might want a less gimmicky starting item.

Otherwise looks good.

More bookkeeping is required before we properly start, but it should be soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 01:15:15 am »

I would like to avoid all-in-one class skills, so ninjaturgy is unlikely to be useful for invisibility AND poison AND stabs. Some kind of semicoherent ninjutsu skill would work.
I was thinking of it as a sort of eclectic grab-bag ninja magic that is entirely unlikely to be useful at all unless creatively used, a little like a Dungeons of Dredmor skill (which upon reflection seems like the primary inspiration) or something in the line of "polling magic" or Egan's crow thing. It probably didn't convey but the "Very useful for [various things with no particular connection to one another, especially when the last one is 'stabbing' which isn't even magically oriented in the first place]" line was supposed to be... rather unserious, implying that the skill is highly situational and the character is trying to come up with a way to make it sound better. Anyway, I can work with "some kind of semicoherent ninjutsu skill" if that's what you'd prefer, as long as I can still call it ninjaturgy.

Regarding resource votes, I was actually under the impression that we weren't choosing the special resource in the first place, since it wasn't on the sheet; I just wanted to register my displeasure at the concept of "floatstone", which is truly enormous. If this is something we actually get to vote for I will place a vote on "GM's choice" for now.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 01:36:42 am »

I would prefer the Central or Eastern Duchies, but apparently no one wants them.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 01:50:02 am »

It's worth reminding people that while all duchies have good ways to get our peasants killed, we need to actually feed the survivors. Doing that is far harder in some places than in others, like the Central or Western areas.

I picked the southern area because it's fertile and therefore easier to grow crops, while also offering up two good resources for wizarding/miniomancy: magical beasts and renegade constructs.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 01:58:19 am »

I want to join. Here's one for the waitlist/village if I'm too late.

Name: Ventaro Aureus
Description: Ventaro is roughly six feet tall, with broad shoulders and a robust frame. He has olive skin with dark brown hair and green eyes. His clothing consists of a green tunic and brown trousers with black leather boots.
Primary Skill: Alchemy +5
Secondary Skills: Herbalism +3, Throwing +3 (I'd really like something more like Brawling or something, where I can toss light objects like potion bottles or vials and still throw a few punches. But if not, Throwing)
Precious Item:  Everfull Flask: A glass flask with a crystal lid or stopper, enchanted to be difficult to break and to refill whatever liquid is inside after a certain time interval (Not sure how long it should be. Maybe whenever I'm in the village for an extended period or something?). When it is empty, it will not refill until a new liquid is poured in, at which point it will refill itself with the new liquid until it becomes completely empty.
Backstory: Since his youth, Ventaro was consumed with a passion for alchemy. Lucky enough to live in a medium-sized village and to be mentored by an associate of his father in Alchemy, his curiosity also led him to leaen herbalism from the local apothecary so that he could try to make potions and substances on his own. His desire was to use alchemy to refine himself like it refined the materials subjected to it.  Creating a potion to achieve his goals drove him to travel to the village in search of new reagents. The flask was a gift from his mentor when he finished learning from them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2018, 02:22:48 am »

Should Golemancy be its own thing or fall under the purview of Summoning or Vitamancy? Provided that I'm, you know, intending to imbue them with my own life force, not someone else's.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:25:07 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 02:30:05 am »

I was thinking of it as a sort of eclectic grab-bag ninja magic that is entirely unlikely to be useful at all unless creatively used, a little like a Dungeons of Dredmor skill (which upon reflection seems like the primary inspiration) or something in the line of "polling magic" or Egan's crow thing. It probably didn't convey but the "Very useful for [various things with no particular connection to one another, especially when the last one is 'stabbing' which isn't even magically oriented in the first place]" line was supposed to be... rather unserious, implying that the skill is highly situational and the character is trying to come up with a way to make it sound better. Anyway, I can work with "some kind of semicoherent ninjutsu skill" if that's what you'd prefer, as long as I can still call it ninjaturgy.
So ninja-themed street magic? That'd work. You can call it ninjaturgy either way.

Regarding resource votes, I was actually under the impression that we weren't choosing the special resource in the first place, since it wasn't on the sheet; I just wanted to register my displeasure at the concept of "floatstone", which is truly enormous. If this is something we actually get to vote for I will place a vote on "GM's choice" for now.
Originally that was the plan, but people went for it so now it's a thing you can do, apparently!

I want to join. Here's one for the waitlist/village if I'm too late.
Plenty of time! Sheet looks good. I don't know how long your flask should take either, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Should Golemancy be its own thing or fall under the purview of Summoning or Vitamancy? Provided that I'm, you know, intending to imbue them with my own life force, not someone else's.
There are several ways to do it, all of the above included.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 02:37:50 am »

Hey Irony, does that mean I could use Brawling as a skill, or should I just leave it as throwing?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 02:53:12 am »

Oh, sorry. Yeah, Brawling would be fine.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 03:02:46 am »

Akari Elleison
Looks good, but you don't have any light magics to focus through your heirloom yet.
Fire can be light, right? :'(
Actually there was a lack of light magic, but that's the idea ._.;

Can Light be a mix of Fire but moreso on Light? Like fireflies?
Fire: Manipulation of heat and flame. Can create, hurl, and intensify fires. Usually considered an offensive school for setting everything on fire, with some utility for keeping warm and cooking food.
Light: Manipulation of light and heat. Can create, direct, and intensify light into focused beams. Usually considered a utilitarian school, from creating fires, to manipulation of lightsources, creating illusions, causing burns or heating up objects at a distance, and including some utility for vision and seeing magic.
Or something.
Totally ok with any edits you put in, IO. :3
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:07:49 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26