Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42969 times)

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 7: Ball Of Infinitely Gnashing Problems]
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2018, 10:21:02 pm »

Shrieking mushroom creatures that jump out of the water in the middle of a cave are almost certainly hostile, and possibly edible. Either way, they need to be put down.

"Mana, surround me and shield me from harm. Barrier!" Anna places a hand on her chest, concentrating as she creates a PROTECTIVE BARRIER around herself to protect against attacks. As this thing is a mushroom, she'll also attempt to modify the spell to prevent any spores from entering the barrier, assuming the creature survives the initial onslaught.

She then hefts the GRAVITY HAMMER, charging it once again with DESTRUCTION magic - "Mana Charge!" - in what has become a familiar routine. She enhances her physical strength and swiftness with her VITAMANCY, then rushes in, jumping and smashing the mushroom with her rocket propelled hammer - "Gravity Hammer!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn Deal With It]
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2018, 08:11:21 pm »

"Screaming mushrooms are lacking in elegance."

Necromancy: Just diffuse the taint until it's harmless absorbed as a power-up then.

Then bash the mushroom with the scepter.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2018, 03:15:22 pm »

Time to make a potion. Refine the medicinal goo and my glowing toothpicks into my flask (1 Alchemy). Make a healing/restorative potion (2 Alchemy) with whatever beneficial effects the toothpicks might provide (2 Alchemy). Use my Herbalism passion to make the healing/restorative effects of the goo strong enough to heal any injury or wound, even regrowing lost limbs.

Use my Brawling to hit the mushroom man with a haymaker. 
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2018, 10:44:29 pm »

Turn 8: Stop Hitting Yourself

-VonNost-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*sigh*

Use whatever combination of magic is required to reform myself into my desired shape. Aim for Hakumen No Mono, sorta nine tailed shark wolf with giant shit eating grin. Just dump a bunch of magic into it. Oh and small enough not to be too constrained down here.

If that works, go straight ahead. If not, sit and waste another turn waiting for the dice to come up right.

[5] You transform yourself into a long lumpy cancerous jackalball with a shiteating grin.

"While you're doing whatever you're doing Iiiiiii'm going to just take a quick breather k."

Rest to recover some health. Have Irstevfel watch my back.
You go ahead and have a quick nap while VonNost makes large mammalian eel sounds.

HP recovered

The two of you walk (or wiggle-shuffle, in VonNost's case) down the platiest corridor you see, the decor becoming more solid and elaborate until you're standing in a solid hallway of pipelike bands, staring at a door. It's triangular, made of brass-colored metal, and flanked by two inset glowing white things.

While the door itself has no obvious mechanism for operation (and pushing or pulling on it yields nothing), the walls of the tiny chamber before it do contain what look like levers, two on each side. For obvious reasons you're hesitant to throw them as a casual experiment, but they're presumably related to the door somehow.

-House Arcana-

Jeffery quickly summons a metal spear using one point of summoning for the base spell, one point of metal to make it out of metal, and another point of metal to randomize what metal the spear ends up being created from.

His second action depends on the actions of the mushroom-thing. If it is hostile, then he uses his spear skill to stabby it. If it does not make any hostile moves, then he simply watches it cautiously.

[2] Letting your spearnoodle dissipate, you instead summon a tin tine. It's very long but too thin to be a good weapon.

[5] The mushroom is definitely trying to eat you, so you go ahead and ram your splinterstick into it. It warble-shrieks in what you assume is pain.

Mushroom takes 5 damage, slightly impaired
+1 Spears

Pipes. Metal magic. I want at least one of them thwacking that mushroom.

And then also shoot it with my gun, which you appear to have renamed "Cloudstopper". Use air magic to enhance accuracy and speed.

Put full applicable skill behind each attack, plus crystalgun passion as stated below.

Also, a 1 also grants Passion, right? I believe I should have gotten a Crystalgun Passion this turn, despite the less-than-ideal manner in which I did so.
[3] The pipe... resists you somehow. You're not sure if it's the metal itself or some kind of enchantment, but it's a bit like gripping something and then having it slip through your fingers.

[5] There's a low boom as your shot arcs along the mushroom's flesh, dragging deep furrows as its guided by intense winds.

Mushroom takes 7 damage
+1 Crystalguns Passion
1 Crystalguns Passion Spent: Crystalguns improves from +1 to +2!

Shrieking mushroom creatures that jump out of the water in the middle of a cave are almost certainly hostile, and possibly edible. Either way, they need to be put down.

"Mana, surround me and shield me from harm. Barrier!" Anna places a hand on her chest, concentrating as she creates a PROTECTIVE BARRIER around herself to protect against attacks. As this thing is a mushroom, she'll also attempt to modify the spell to prevent any spores from entering the barrier, assuming the creature survives the initial onslaught.

She then hefts the GRAVITY HAMMER, charging it once again with DESTRUCTION magic - "Mana Charge!" - in what has become a familiar routine. She enhances her physical strength and swiftness with her VITAMANCY, then rushes in, jumping and smashing the mushroom with her rocket propelled hammer - "Gravity Hammer!"

[6] You bubble yourself. This will make attacking inconvenient.

[6] Fortunately you go full ZOMBIE STRENGTH, shattering your own shield and pounding the mushroom into jelly in one catastrophic swing.

Mushroom takes 12 damage
Shield created and shattered
+1 Protection
+1 Hammers Passion

"Screaming mushrooms are lacking in elegance."

Necromancy: Just diffuse the taint until it's harmless absorbed as a power-up then.

Then bash the mushroom with the scepter.

[6] You diffuse the taint so well it melds with you completely, at least as far as you can sense. This will probably make whatever it's doing smoother but harder to prevent or interact with independent of your own flesh.

[2] You flail at it. It flails back. Nothing much happens.

Mushroom takes 1 damage
+1 Necromancy

Time to make a potion. Refine the medicinal goo and my glowing toothpicks into my flask (1 Alchemy). Make a healing/restorative potion (2 Alchemy) with whatever beneficial effects the toothpicks might provide (2 Alchemy). Use my Herbalism passion to make the healing/restorative effects of the goo strong enough to heal any injury or wound, even regrowing lost limbs.

Use my Brawling to hit the mushroom man with a haymaker. 

[6] You make... something. It boils and smokes and seems to whisper now and then but when you put your ear to it nothing's there, so... yeah. It's also deep purple sludge with a faint sparkle to it.

[1] You slip and leave yourself wide open to a right hook from the mushroom. Fortunately you don't think it has right hooks, just whippy tentacle things. Unfortunately it can probably still murder the shit out of you with them.

+Strange Elixir
+1 Alchemy
+1 Brawling

The mushroom lashes out.
vs Beirus: [1] It winds up to take advantage of the brawler's lack of balance, feints, reads a feint, and proceeds to slap the shit out of itself via overthinking. For a creature you're not certain even has a nervous system, this is impressive.
vs Anna: [4] It bashes up Anna just fine, but she doesn't particularly give a shit, being a zombie and all.
vs Erin: [5] It slams Erin right in the groin, presumably by chance. Still, that stings.

Mushroom deals 6 damage to itself, dies
Mushroom deals 3 damage to Anna
Mushroom deals 8 damage to Erin

With the beast slain, you may continue down any of the three aforementioned corridors: Upwards to dry, forwards to more pipes, or downwards to deeper or more wet.

-Foolish Ninja-

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
Try to use my sandstone charm and nonfunctional sword as foci for some kind of a Lightning-based Jackal Zapper effect!

Then if the jackals get off of me, demonstrate ninja humility(?!) by going back to taking a break and not being eaten.
[4] The tablet proves worthless, but the sword does alright, so you manage to half-shock the half-jackals off you without too much further gnawing.

You then crawl back to town proper to rest in a jackal-free inn room.

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scoundrels and Rogues (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Humble Ninjas (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 8: Stop Hitting Yourself]
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2018, 11:50:44 pm »

Uuuuggggghhhh.

Stop and heal for a bit. [Thank you Ventaro. Hopefully.]

Try to think of ways to better avoid taking damage like this in the future.
Also, investigate the pipes.

By the way, why didn't I get a skill for that 5 on my passioned shooting roll?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:56:55 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2018, 11:57:15 pm »

"Ahem. You there, with the gun thing. That looked painful. I just made a healing potion. You want some?" Ventaro asks Erin while considering his next action.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2018, 12:23:24 am »

Yes, that would be appreciated o_o
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2018, 12:35:08 am »

"Hey, wanna tear the door down?"
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2018, 02:41:58 am »

Jeffery winces and cups his own groin instinctively upon witnessing Erin's trauma.

"Ow. Owwww.... Ow. That must have hurt like hell. Here's to hoping you can still have children. If uh, you wanted children.

I suggest we go down the middle path. More pipes, more metal. We do have two metal-mancers, don't we?
"

Jeffery joins Erin in investigating the pipes, gently probing them with magic to determine material make-up.

He then takes his Icy Shard and examines it before tapping it to one of the pipes, observing to see if the magic of the pipes and the magic of the shard resonate.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:37:06 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #294 on: October 22, 2018, 10:17:23 am »

Von Nost makes a sound somewhere between a Hyena laugh and the keening of a funeral procession and casually eats one of the jackals still gnawing at him.

1. Use transmogrification to deform or reshape the door enough that it either falls free of its housing or otherwise allows us passage. Do this from a distance.

2. Use flesh magic to get these parasitic jackals to obey me. They're cute and all but they're not terribly useful as is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:12 am »

"Uh-huh."
From throws the horrible abomination and leans against the wall, waiting for it to be done doing whatever it's doing.

Stand back a pace from the good doctor. If by some happenstance bits of him start to rebel, rot those parts off.

While I'm waiting, close my eyes and pretend in great detail that I'm haggling for a pretty hat.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn Deal With It]
« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2018, 12:46:50 am »

"We could investigate this level before going deeper."

Necromancy: Try to at least create some necromancy readout sense so I can more accurately follow necromancy-related fluctuation changes and alterations on oneself and the environment.

Poke the prismatic gem. See if it reacts differently to usage of a different type of magic or exposure to light.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2018, 04:49:29 pm »

((Speaking of skills, wouldn't I have ended up with one too for the Herbalism passion I used?))

"Just a sip. I'm not sure how potent it is yet, and you don't want to be the first person to overdose on a healing potion. It would be ironic." Ventaro responds to Erin before looking to the others. "I have no preference in the direction we go, although I will say that there is a rather worrying issue with choosing the middle path because the metal-mancers can manipulate the pipes. Namely, there could be stuff in the pipes that none of us can manipulate with our magic, and we'd be screwed if it turned out to be harmful."

Give a sip of the elixir to Erin. No more than a sip. Then, observe the effects while using my knowledge of alchemy to figure out what the elixir does. I should be able to judge its potency from strength of the sip's effects, too. (5 Alchemy)

Search the room for useful herbs and identify them (or at least their properties). (3 Herbalism)

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2018, 08:36:32 pm »

With the mushroom creature fallen, Anna would sigh softly, shifting her hammer back onto her shoulder. "I'm fine with checking out this level. I can lead the way."

With that said, Anna will first focus her magical energies, drawing in mana to cast a group VITAMANCY spell to RESTORE VITALITY to everyone within the party. "Mana, grant succor to those weary from the trials of battle. Sanctuary!"

Then, assuming her spell doesn't backfire horribly and leave everyone unable to proceed or severely wounded, she'll move forward, EXPLORING the corridor directly forward on this level. (Using 1 Exploration PASSION)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2018, 10:03:31 pm »

Turn 9: Loot Crate Catastrophe

Uuuuggggghhhh.

Stop and heal for a bit. [Thank you Ventaro. Hopefully.]

Try to think of ways to better avoid taking damage like this in the future.
Also, investigate the pipes.

By the way, why didn't I get a skill for that 5 on my passioned shooting roll?
[6] Clearly yelling at the GM to use a different damage system would be the most dramatic route. Also protection magic.

[2] They're pipes. That or very large rods; some of them could carry human heads without incident. You put an ear to them, but they're either not carrying human heads or they're doing so incredibly smoothly.

It occurs to you that your incredible prowess shredding a giant mushroom a moment ago has given you unique talents that took a bit to manifest because reality is a derp.

Flenser 1: You're adept at striking across foes rather than through them, shredding flesh and rending soft tissues. You may deal more damage to soft targets.

+1 Tactician Passion

Jeffery winces and cups his own groin instinctively upon witnessing Erin's trauma.

"Ow. Owwww.... Ow. That must have hurt like hell. Here's to hoping you can still have children. If uh, you wanted children.

I suggest we go down the middle path. More pipes, more metal. We do have two metal-mancers, don't we?
"

Jeffery joins Erin in investigating the pipes, gently probing them with magic to determine material make-up.

He then takes his Icy Shard and examines it before tapping it to one of the pipes, observing to see if the magic of the pipes and the magic of the shard resonate.

[2] Hm... metal. Definitely metal made of metal. Also either resistant to probing or you're having one of those days. Or both. Erin assures you they probably don't contain human heads, which lines up with your findings. Unless you forgot to carry the one again. You might have, it's been one of those days.

[1] You give it a good tap on the pipe, which knocks it clear out of your hands. You fumble at it before it plops into the water in a dark tunnel.

+1 Geology Passion

"We could investigate this level before going deeper."

Necromancy: Try to at least create some necromancy readout sense so I can more accurately follow necromancy-related fluctuation changes and alterations on oneself and the environment.

Poke the prismatic gem. See if it reacts differently to usage of a different type of magic or exposure to light.

[2] You cycle through blinding yourself to anything but delicious life force and blinding yourself to anything but delicious DEAAAAAAAATH before giving up on the project.

[1] Well it reacts to Enchantment alright. By sucking it right out of you and holding it, like an active enchantment.

+1 Enchantment
Enchantment-Locked 3

((Speaking of skills, wouldn't I have ended up with one too for the Herbalism passion I used?))

"Just a sip. I'm not sure how potent it is yet, and you don't want to be the first person to overdose on a healing potion. It would be ironic." Ventaro responds to Erin before looking to the others. "I have no preference in the direction we go, although I will say that there is a rather worrying issue with choosing the middle path because the metal-mancers can manipulate the pipes. Namely, there could be stuff in the pipes that none of us can manipulate with our magic, and we'd be screwed if it turned out to be harmful."

Give a sip of the elixir to Erin. No more than a sip. Then, observe the effects while using my knowledge of alchemy to figure out what the elixir does. I should be able to judge its potency from strength of the sip's effects, too. (5 Alchemy)

Search the room for useful herbs and identify them (or at least their properties). (3 Herbalism)

[2] He feels that weird stomach-thing where you're not sure if you're hungry or actively dislike food.

[1] You think you spy something under the water, so you reach down to grab it. Needless to say, this gets your fingers caught in a grill underwater.

While you struggle desperately to free yourself, it occurs to you that your fantastic potion is proof of a unique talent you've developed.

Slapdash Gumbo 1: You're adept at throwing whatever into a pot and hoping for the best. You can create potions with unpredictable effects out of highly questionable materials.

Now drowning
+1 Herbalism

With the mushroom creature fallen, Anna would sigh softly, shifting her hammer back onto her shoulder. "I'm fine with checking out this level. I can lead the way."

With that said, Anna will first focus her magical energies, drawing in mana to cast a group VITAMANCY spell to RESTORE VITALITY to everyone within the party. "Mana, grant succor to those weary from the trials of battle. Sanctuary!"

Then, assuming her spell doesn't backfire horribly and leave everyone unable to proceed or severely wounded, she'll move forward, EXPLORING the corridor directly forward on this level. (Using 1 Exploration PASSION)
[2] You hurl sparkly bits of light over everyone. Maybe next time.

[2] Technically it's not your spell preventing one of you from moving, so you stride boldly forward, dropping almost immediately through a hole in the submerged floor. Well, at least you've found an underwater place? It's too dark to see anything down there, though.

1 Passion Spent: Exploration increases from +0 to +1!

Von Nost makes a sound somewhere between a Hyena laugh and the keening of a funeral procession and casually eats one of the jackals still gnawing at him.

1. Use transmogrification to deform or reshape the door enough that it either falls free of its housing or otherwise allows us passage. Do this from a distance.

2. Use flesh magic to get these parasitic jackals to obey me. They're cute and all but they're not terribly useful as is.

[3] You wiggle yourself at the door from a distance, but it doesn't seem to work.

[6] To no one's great surprise more jackals begin gnawing their way out of you. You're now a jackalthing broodmother, apparently.

+1 Flesh

"Uh-huh."
From throws the horrible abomination and leans against the wall, waiting for it to be done doing whatever it's doing.

Stand back a pace from the good doctor. If by some happenstance bits of him start to rebel, rot those parts off.

While I'm waiting, close my eyes and pretend in great detail that I'm haggling for a pretty hat.

[3] You imagine you're haggling for a hat. One with a really big point- no, maybe one with gold embroidery? One with a big eye on it would be cool, but it's probably really hard to haggle someone down on such a cool hat.

Anyway somehow you don't feel any more inspired in actual mercantile pursuits.

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shiftless Thugs (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26