Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42864 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 03:13:11 am »

Name: Bianca "BB" Beamingstar
Description: A short young woman with an unnatural red-pink hair done up in elaborate braids. She often wears an expensive-looking hybrid between light leather armor and a dress. She doesn't seem to have all her spoons in her drawers.
Primary Skill: Animation: Ritual magic focused on imbuing inanimate objects with motion and purpose. Has little to no effect on living things. (Totally stolen from Yottawhat)
Secondary Skills: Earth, Martial Art
Precious Item: Chronicle of BB's Arcane Escapades, a hefty illustrated tome detailing the adventures of House Beamingstar as well as some notes on magic-augmented martial arts, though most of them boil down to "Punch them several times really fast."
Backstory: She kind of overslept when the rest of her family went on a trip to the capital while talking about something related to "Defeating our ancient blood-nemesis once and for all" and when she finally mustered the motivation to follow them it turned out that there's this wall of horrifying unreality to the capital and there was just no way she could make it there alone. So she's kind of waiting around until it all blows over, because it would be embarrassing to return alone.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 03:14:44 am »

Mein gottland, guys. I even fancied making some awful joke character for THIS thing, and then i scroll down and see that we are already heaily over the limit. Well, i wonder what will bring second end of the world.  :P Because it is inevitable. And it will be horrifying.
And just now i was ninjad by yet another character. Mein gottland!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:28:13 am by MCreeper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 03:22:02 am »

Mein gottland, guys. I even fancied myself making some awful joke character for THIS thing, and then i scroll down and see that we are already heaily over the limit. Well, i wonder what will bring second end of the world.  :P
Feel free to make a new sheet :P
I just edited mine.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 03:27:52 am »

Mein gottland, guys. I even fancied myself making some awful joke character for THIS thing, and then i scroll down and see that we are already heaily over the limit. Well, i wonder what will bring second end of the world.  :P
Feel free to make a new sheet :P
I just edited mine.
it's not like i had any. I just thought about creating a character, you know.  :P Probably picked wrong words, eh.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2018, 03:58:20 am »

I don't really expect to get in nor care much really.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2018, 08:26:35 am »

Item modified c:
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2018, 08:30:53 am »

I will actaully make it for practice, place in the game or not. Just 5 more hours, please.  :P

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 08:32:39 am »

Ok, so Erin no longer has a boat, that thing got shipwrecked. Now he has a magitech gun, instead.

EDIT: And yes I know that supercomputers are a long way off.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 08:34:12 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 09:13:15 am »

On the Chi magic thing: I saw it as a kind of taoist kind of thing, where I could channel the force of Tao through myself to add magical effects to my otherwise mundane (but impressive!) wuxia bullshit martial arts, to keep it from becoming a 1 skill class. Wuxia would allow me to do a flying dragon kick, but the extra oomph from the chi magic would allow me to actually leap 20 feet like they do in the movies and for the kick to pass through an armoured chestplate. Think all of the good stuff from Hokuto no Ken, the ripple magic from JoJo and every martial arts movie ever, basically.

Channeling the Tao/Chi through myself to give extra oompf to my life magic was also something I felt should porbably be doable. Like, say, using the flow of Chi throughout my body to increase the speed of regeneration of Life magic.

If possible, I was going to add that additional vaguely chinese magic was possible through meditation or other rituals like calligraphy and tea ceremony. So, nothing that can be done in-combat. Things like communing with your ancestors/dead people, astral projection, fortune reading, etc.

Does this sound okay, or is it too vague or too broad?

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 10:52:33 am »

I'll throw my hat in, hope I'm not too late.

Name: Anna Greenbell
Description: http://safebooru.org//images/2021/1b16b4091bf1015f0cd4d6379eb82e0c3bb3ea1d.jpg?2106779
Anna is a teenage girl that stands at roughly 5' 2". While she won't hesitate to share her opinion on anything (and is perhaps too willing to do so at times), her typically expressionless face can make it hard to tell what she's actually thinking. Despite her small stature, Anna is rather strong for a girl her age, much less a mage, and she does her best to keep fit. Like her father always said, being soft never did anyone any good on the battlefield.
Primary Skill: Vitamancy +5
Secondary Skills: Destruction +3, Protection +3

Precious Item: Gravity Hammer: This overly large hammer is an heirloom of the Greenbell family. Anna inherited it when her father passed away. While she has no experience using a weapon in combat yet, this powerful weapon contains 6 mana 'cartridges' that can be consumed to activate a rocket booster on the back. This booster can provide a massive acceleration boost, though recharging the cartridges requires a lot of mana and time out of combat. Passively, the Gravity Hammer allows its user to ignore most of its weight, making it considerably less unwieldy than its size implies.

Backstory: The Greenbell's have always been a well known family in this region, and Anna grew up on an estate just outside of the village. She left the region to attend the Royal Magic Academy in the capitol, and was fortunate enough to be off on a field trip when the capitol was destroyed by nightmarish magic. She quickly returned home, only to find out that her father and older brother had perished protecting the village from an attack shortly before she arrived, leaving her as the sole surviving heiress to her family name. Anna has now taken up the Gravity Hammer that serves as the symbol of the head of the Greenbell family, and while she'll need to learn how to use it on the fly, she's determined not to let her family down, even if she hasn't finished her magic studies yet.

Spoiler: Village Stuff (click to show/hide)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2018, 11:59:55 am »

Here goes the thing. I think it will not be too silly, with all those insane ninjas and lunar ninja anime girls running around. Will\would it be fine? I mean, from technical point of view. I was first going for protection\enchantment, then i realized that will require at least enchantment\divination and there are enough people there that can roll 6 on covering the village with dome-unpassable-by-enemies, and now i think it rather should be divination\enchantment, which really is not my cup of tea. But meh, not like i'm actually will be allowed to play this (properly), aye? :P And, uh, is having a simple sword on start with setup like this allowed?
If we happen to be one space short, kick out Cinnder. He does not even want to play, and it's my first chance of playing damn RTD
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
snip
Thought about that Anna when i first seen the name for some reason. Well, not too far off.  :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:13:32 am by MCreeper »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2018, 03:54:48 am »

Will there be some "NPC's" controlled by-non-players, like ninjas in the previous game? Probably not from the first turns, of course, because, you know...
And whatever happened to Sally between games? I hope she's alright.  :P
Just reread the whole thing, remembered what actually happened to her. Still.  :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:22:56 am by MCreeper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2018, 08:43:58 am »

I'll throw my hat in, hope I'm not too late.
Welcome to Bay12 :3 From years ago too! Hope you have fun playing with us all \o/

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2018, 12:36:41 pm »

Welcome to Bay12 :3 From years ago too! Hope you have fun playing with us all \o/
I... did not realize this account was that old, haha. Thanks for the welcome!

snipsnip
That's pretty funny, I actually just learned about that game this week. Didn't realize there was an Anna there too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2018, 12:38:45 pm »

Just in time to see me post in an RTD thread for the first time in... several years, too!

Hope I'm not too rusty. :v
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26