Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42943 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 12: Monstrous]
« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2018, 02:18:01 am »

Are we fighting something right now? I can’t tell.

I’d like to see if I can check what’s inside the boxes without having to open them, via metal magic powers.

Also, maybe check if my leaf stone’s magic is that it has antimagical properties.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2018, 02:54:51 am »

Most of your aren't but Jeffery and Ventaro are battling a moss monster a ways back in the tunnels.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2018, 05:19:45 pm »

((Am I understanding this right? It seems like I refined the regenerative slime and now the rest of the moss monster is thick amorphous goop  as well. Is that right?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 14, 2018, 10:23:09 pm »

The rest of the moss monster was always thick amorphous goop. It's still very strangly amorphous goop.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 15, 2018, 12:53:19 am »

((Ah, alright then. Well, now I'm wondering if the moss monster can regrow the moss. If so, I really want to stuff it in a barrel and take it with us so I can harvest the moss later and in the village. It's like a grassy blob sheep of healing goodness.))

Amorphous goop? I can work with that, I think. Refine (3 Alchemy) the blob monster into a solid (2 Alchemy), easy to refine (1 Alchemy) state like the wraith essence, using my fists and taking advantage of the grip I already have on it (4 Brawling).

Also, whisper sweet nothings to my glowing mote to see if it has any effect on it. 2 Seduction. 1 Seduction Passion.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 10: Partial Credit]
« Reply #335 on: November 16, 2018, 01:21:48 pm »

"I did. You have something that belongs to me." Devorae replied to the fairy. He was about to ask for it back when he thought better about it. "But I am curious. Are you the only fairy living in this gem? And what interest does my magic hold to you?"

Leadership: Then have the crabs get the sweet loot for their master.

Talk to the fairy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2018, 06:03:24 pm »

Turn 13: Rip And Tear

Jeffery basically just continues flailing and screaming.
[5] Jeffrey uses GIRLISH PANIC! It's super effective!

More specifically, you flail out of its grip like an inept but important horror story character, and the beast comes shambling after you.

+1 Charisma Passion

((Ah, alright then. Well, now I'm wondering if the moss monster can regrow the moss. If so, I really want to stuff it in a barrel and take it with us so I can harvest the moss later and in the village. It's like a grassy blob sheep of healing goodness.))

Amorphous goop? I can work with that, I think. Refine (3 Alchemy) the blob monster into a solid (2 Alchemy), easy to refine (1 Alchemy) state like the wraith essence, using my fists and taking advantage of the grip I already have on it (4 Brawling).

Also, whisper sweet nothings to my glowing mote to see if it has any effect on it. 2 Seduction. 1 Seduction Passion.

[4] You continue combat-refining the blob monster.

[2] Your coquettish mote resists your subtle advances. How scandalous!

It does sparkle in response, though, so you must be doing something right.

[1] The blob turns from its other shrieking victim to you, flailing uselessly as you slowly precipitate it into reagents.

Blob takes moderate damage!
+1 Moss Stuff
1 Seduction Passion spent: Seduction improves from +2 to +3!

I’d like to see if I can check what’s inside the boxes without having to open them, via metal magic powers.

Also, maybe check if my leaf stone’s magic is that it has antimagical properties.

[5] You can sort of see the insides of the boxes, but they're pretty incoherent. Maybe because you're not a mechanics guy, maybe because it's mysterious alien technology that doesn't do anything, but you can't figure out what's supposed to be going on in there.

Partially as a result, you also can't see what goodies, if any, are lurking within.

[5] It doesn't seem to be antimagical on its own, but you notice a sort of 'tug' that responds to some energies. It's likely not antimagical as such, but has an effect somehow related to interacting with certain kinds of magic.

+1 Metal
+1 Artifice

"I did. You have something that belongs to me." Devorae replied to the fairy. He was about to ask for it back when he thought better about it. "But I am curious. Are you the only fairy living in this gem? And what interest does my magic hold to you?"

Leadership: Then have the crabs get the sweet loot for their master.

Talk to the fairy.

[4] The crabs mournfully obey.

[5][1] Smashing one of the boxes yields...

That's a penis. It's a very large, mummified penis in a glass tube. You don't know why there's a mummified penis in a glass tube in a metal box in a mossy cavern, but that probably means it's important or valuable in some way. Or the universe is making dick jokes at you.

The crabs faintly snicker.

[3] The fairy pouts disdainfully, but deigns to answer your questions.

"Finders keepers. This delicious enchanting essence was directed at my gem, and it pleases me to keep it. I am, of course, the only spirit of beauty and perfection to inhabit my gem, which an oaf such as yourself has somehow come into possession of. It should at least be mounted upon a pendant or crown, rather than carried about in your pocket!"

+1 Penis

"Ahahahaha! I think I like this one!"

Sally forth and render foes down. Try getting some death essence to stick to my claws.
[3] You wade forward (somewhat literally) into the pink goo, threshing it like waves on a rocky shore. You're a little awkward at it, but still feel like you were born to do this.

You don't get useable amounts of death essence to stick to your claws.

Tear my way free! Bite! Claw! Throw jackals! This thing has huge guts, RIP AND TEAR!
Use flesh magic to weaponize my flesh. Knife claws, sword teeth, fur like razors, skin like steel!
[6] Unlike your companion, you handle the current foe by burrowing into it like a hungry maggot, flailing in a mad frenzy as you do so.

[4] Your flesh and implements harden.

+1 Savagery Passion

Between the two of you, the pink goo is reduced to a mucous coating over most of the chamber. It doesn't seem to be as dead as you intended, sluggishly congealing or sliding back into crevices, but none of what you can see is a coherent entity any more.

The chamber itself seems to be a hub of sorts, roughly spherical and lined with various doorways and doors. The walls are made of a dizzying mixture of pipes, plates, and contraptions you can't discern the nature of, leaving plenty of mystery levers, buttons, dials, switches, and things that might or might not be intended for manipulation.

The "main" path out seems to be a rather large hallway with periodic ridges for doors to block, currently wide open. A quick glance shows the brasslike doors seem to have slid up into the ceiling. At the end of the tunnel is another chamber containing some kind of glowing pink... something. Machinery or artifact, presumably, sitting atop a pedestal it might be a part of.

The other options are a good deal of twisting side tunnels, or attempting to get another door open. Notably, there's another door of the same size and shape that the open hallway would probably be blocked off by.

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Literal Monsters (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 13: Rip And Tear]
« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2018, 06:12:00 pm »

Hmm obvious hallway with doors that can slam down and trap us, or confused mess of other tunnels.

Use flesh magic to connect a fleshy tendril to one of my Jackals that lets me remote control him and see through his eyes.

Then walk that jackal down the hall with the open doors and glowing things.  If anything jumps onto it or otherwise seems to be attacking it, sever the connection on my end. Don't want to have some mind control magic crawling back into me or anything.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2018, 06:13:59 pm »

Whichever way appears to not be the critical path. Got things to kill and absorb, you know.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2018, 10:09:12 pm »

Now that Jeffery has escaped immediate death and has calmed down somewhat, he quickly orders the metallic spearcrabs to attack the mossy blob.

While they do that, he observes the blob carefully, using his herbalism passion to augment his understanding. Is it just moss? Is it a specific kind of moss? Can the moss be used for anything other than stealing Icy Shards?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2018, 10:20:07 pm »

Try to use my metal magic to open one of the boxes from a distance. I don’t know what might come out of them and I’d like to be safely distant from them before attempting to mess with them.

Consult my skeleton on present actions that may be worthwhile, using a - Statecraft? Tactician? Diplomacy? Maybe all of them - passion in doing so.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2018, 01:25:42 am »

This combat-refining seems to be working, so let's keep going with that. I'm gonna make the first magic-ish bar of soap those peasants back home have probably ever seen. Heck, it may be the first bar of soap they've ever seen. 6 Alcjemy, 4 Herbalism, 4 Brawling, 1 Brawling Passion.

Continue whispering honeyed words to my mote to seduce it to help me out or defend me against the moss monster. 3 Seduction.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:07:23 am by Beirus »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2018, 08:35:31 pm »

(Oh, by the way, I quit Bay12, so take my name off the player list pls)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2018, 09:45:35 pm »

Sorry to hear that, but will do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2018, 11:13:12 pm »

(Oh, by the way, I quit Bay12, so take my name off the player list pls)
:(
Bye o/ I wish you luck and enjoyment wherever you go
But not !!fun!!, that wouldn’t be enjoyable
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26