Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42967 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 13: Rip And Tear]
« Reply #345 on: November 28, 2018, 05:21:11 am »

Oh. I'm also officially leaving this, due to IRL Reasons. Anyone who wants to take my sword of royal self hampering and skull of dubious usefulness and safety can do so, if permitted by GM. Also, we need another waitlister.  :P

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 28, 2018, 12:37:39 pm »

(Oh, by the way, I quit Bay12, so take my name off the player list pls)

Aw, well nice to have you here!

@IronyOwl, I take it that I can now join in, right?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 10: Partial Credit]
« Reply #347 on: November 28, 2018, 08:26:10 pm »

The nerve. "Well, your behavior is reprehensible and highly unladylike. What can you even offer me in return for any benefits I can give you?" Devorae asked, gesturing for the crabs to keep looting.

Leadership: Have the crabs continue getting sweet loot for their master.

Keep talking to the fairy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2018, 08:33:46 pm »

Really? (I'm still leaving)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2018, 10:41:48 pm »

I'm staying.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 13, 2018, 12:54:07 am »

Oh geez. Two people leaving? If only there was a group of people who can replace that exact number. Some kind of gang, or house of wizard with exactly two people in it.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 13, 2018, 09:53:36 am »

Oh geez. Two people leaving? If only there was a group of people who can replace that exact number. Some kind of gang, or house of wizard with exactly two people in it.

Well you got me so you'd only need one more wizard

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 13, 2018, 09:06:17 pm »

Turn 14: It's What's Inside That Counts

Hmm obvious hallway with doors that can slam down and trap us, or confused mess of other tunnels.

Use flesh magic to connect a fleshy tendril to one of my Jackals that lets me remote control him and see through his eyes.

Then walk that jackal down the hall with the open doors and glowing things.  If anything jumps onto it or otherwise seems to be attacking it, sever the connection on my end. Don't want to have some mind control magic crawling back into me or anything.

[1] The tendrils work the wrong way, turning you from a jackal mothership to a jackal hivemind mothership.

Fortunately the jackals mostly want you to KILL so there's not much difference.

Your jackal fleet leads you down the main hallway, which despite their lack of caution (or rather, despite considering staying close to the mothership cautious) doesn't result in any sudden confinement. The chamber at the end is a little small, though, and contains a glowing pink... thing as you originally ascertained. What that thing is is a little harder to parse; it seems to be some kind of spherical container filled with sloshing pink fluid or sloshing pink energy gyrating in a spherical motion, but the bright light and rapid movement makes it hard to tell what the stuff is or what, if anything, is directing or constraining its movement.

+1 Flesh
Now Hivemind Carrier in addition to all that other stuff

Whichever way appears to not be the critical path. Got things to kill and absorb, you know.
[4] You wriggle into a side passage, more of a navigable cubby hole really, and emerge into a sort of grimy alleyway. The walls and floor here are tarnished or soot-covered, and a moment later screaming faces begin clawing their way out of them and towards your succulent flesh. You'd guess they're spirits of some sort, but you feel like that counts for devouring purposes so mission accomplished!

Now that Jeffery has escaped immediate death and has calmed down somewhat, he quickly orders the metallic spearcrabs to attack the mossy blob.

While they do that, he observes the blob carefully, using his herbalism passion to augment his understanding. Is it just moss? Is it a specific kind of moss? Can the moss be used for anything other than stealing Icy Shards?

[5] The metallic spearcrabs have a pretty epic battle, really. They can't do a lot with their tiny spears, but they don't let that stop them, hacking and jabbing furiously at the beast's ankles, scaling its legs to get a better angle, recovering after being shaken off, and ultimately finding and exploiting the beast's weak spot in its frost gem. Which is about as large as they are, so getting it out of there is no small feat.

Of course, now they expect a reward for the completion of their glorious quest. You could let them keep the shard, but then you couldn't keep the shard.

[2] The moss collapses shortly thereafter, and appears to be of low quality. Whether that's because it's dead, because that other guy kept leeching alchemically reactive goo out of it, something to do with the gem or battle damage, or because it was always low quality shard thieving moss, you couldn't say.

Try to use my metal magic to open one of the boxes from a distance. I don’t know what might come out of them and I’d like to be safely distant from them before attempting to mess with them.

Consult my skeleton on present actions that may be worthwhile, using a - Statecraft? Tactician? Diplomacy? Maybe all of them - passion in doing so.

[4] You burst one of them like a very reluctant pinata, revealing...

[3] ...a couple lumps of green glass? You guess you could carve them into something neat...

[2] You ask your skeleton about potential courses of action, and it recommends cleansing the flesh from your allies to usher in a brilliant new world of calcium perfection. You amend that you were more thinking of which way to go, but it insists that what you really want is calcium perfection.

You begin wondering if maybe you should pick a path before it starts picking your allies' tender meats.

+3 Raw Green Glass
One diplomacy, statecraft, tactician passions spent: All increase from +0 to +1!

This combat-refining seems to be working, so let's keep going with that. I'm gonna make the first magic-ish bar of soap those peasants back home have probably ever seen. Heck, it may be the first bar of soap they've ever seen. 6 Alcjemy, 4 Herbalism, 4 Brawling, 1 Brawling Passion.

Continue whispering honeyed words to my mote to seduce it to help me out or defend me against the moss monster. 3 Seduction.

[5] Tiny metallic crabs pry the frost gem out of the moss beast, allowing you to lift it over your head and shout loudly as it dissolves into wispy junk moss and delicious moss essence, or whatever this stuff is.

[6] You keep seducing the mote, which results in accidentally cutting your tongue. On the bright side, you're getting pretty good at extracting tiiiiiiiny little glowing weapons from it.

+1 Alchemy
1 Brawling Passion Spent: No increase
Harvester's Grip 1: You're adept at holding down victims in a way that lets you harvest their delicious and valuable parts.
+1 Moss Stuff
+1 Seduction

The nerve. "Well, your behavior is reprehensible and highly unladylike. What can you even offer me in return for any benefits I can give you?" Devorae asked, gesturing for the crabs to keep looting.

Leadership: Have the crabs continue getting sweet loot for their master.

Keep talking to the fairy.

[2] The crabs bring you back a handful of iron coins, a live mouse in a gilded wheel connected to a rotating peg, and a massive but empty stone jar with an image of a fish carved on it. Your crabs look a little fat but insist the jar was empty when they found it. One burps while explaining that's all the boxes.

"Hmph! As if you'd know any ladies.

Naturally, I can heal and beautify those I deem worthy."

+Iron Coins
+Strange Mouse Wheel
+Empty Large Stone Pot

With the boxes looted (and the , the group has a few options.

They could, of course, turn around and go home.

They could go towards the wetter end of the cavern, likely leading to water.

They could go towards the dryer end of the cavern, which Devorae's crabs say leads to mossy caverns.

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Containment Breach (click to show/hide)

Everyone is now active again. If this proves too much to handle we may have EXCITING GAMES to win FUN PRIZES again, but I suspect we've bled off enough interest to not have to worry.

Spoiler: House Best (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Deepstone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Nightmare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unaffiliated Scum (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 14: It's What's Inside That Counts]
« Reply #353 on: December 13, 2018, 09:17:26 pm »

Jeffery mulls over the question of rewarding his summons for a moment. He hesitantly states, "As a reward, you all uhh... will get a name! Because not having a name is really inconvenient, and thus naming you all is a very good reward. Mmmhmm. Yep."

He then sets about the absolutely monumental task of naming each individual small crab.

He also caresses his Icy Shard, cooing gently to it in an affectionate manner.
He's missed it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2018, 10:42:08 pm »

"Well, that was fun. We should probably catch up with the others though."

Focus on recovering my health or otherwise healing myself. +1 Medicine Passion if it can apply.

Catch up with the others while alchemically analyzing the moss stuff to figure out what I can do with it. 6 Alchemy, 4 Herbalism.

Also, vote for going to the moss cavern.

And see if Anna would be able to conjure up a solid, pure vitamantic/healing essence for me to make a potion with, once I catch up to the group.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:08:14 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #355 on: December 14, 2018, 01:56:31 am »

Use flesh magic to reassert control. I control the flesh around here, thank you very much.

If it doesn't work, use second action to try it again.  If it does work, toss a jackal into the pink stuff and see what happens. 

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 14, 2018, 03:21:48 am »

Maybe I can use the green glass as an artifice focus at some point. *shrug*

Artifice, check if the glass has any magical properties (or could be enchanted easily).

Diplomatically ask if I may talk to the fairy.

I vote we go to the wetter end. We can get fish.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:24:04 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 14, 2018, 07:03:59 am »

"I wonder if there are any villages out here," Xiaoli wondered as she stood on an outcropping, staring at the strange massive pillar of unreality in the distance. "Perhaps I should prepare before I go any further,"

1. Make an enchanted censor flail.

+1 Enchanting: Make it lighter.
+1 Enchanting: Make it cause knockback.

2. Make an air shield.

+Pneumomancy: Make it tough.
+Pheumomancy: Make it able to deflect enemy projectiles.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 14, 2018, 09:28:20 am »

Can I joinio?

Hotfire90

« Reply #359 on: December 14, 2018, 01:16:42 pm »

Burn my way through the barrier.

If the barrier is still there, overload it with necromancy and vitamancy, otherwise use vitamancy to turn my lifeloop into a reservoir that stores any excess life force I may gather.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26