Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42971 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 1: The First Fiasco of Many]
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2018, 08:01:13 pm »

Damnit. And here I was thinking metal magic would actually let me generate metal. And that a thing being able to rotate to point at enemies - enemies being identified with a different artifice point system - would also be an artifice point.
Not that the latter matters without the first.

Air-cool my gun; if successful, fire again, with passion, with utmost accuracy (the passion is for the accuracy, obviously :p). Additionally, draw metal out of the ground below the wraiths' feet, demolishing their momentum and, hopefully, impaling some; or, if the wraiths are already defeated, do this to the nightmares, instead.
I'm going to assume that those are each 1 point for my air and metal magic; please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm willing for the metal to be 2.
Then, send great gusts of air, as sharp as steel blades, through the enemy ranks. Aaaand there should be another point each for my metal and air magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2018, 08:29:20 pm »

Air-cool my gun;
if successful, fire again, with passion, with utmost accuracy (the passion is for the accuracy, obviously :p).
Additionally, draw metal out of the ground below the wraiths' feet, demolishing their momentum and, hopefully, impaling some; or, if the wraiths are already defeated, do this to the nightmares, instead.

I'm going to assume that those are each 1 point for my air and metal magic; please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm willing for the metal to be 2.
Then, send great gusts of air, as sharp as steel blades, through the enemy ranks. Aaaand there should be another point each for my metal and air magic.
((This looks like four actions. Even if you've got the points for it, you can only take two a turn.

There's unlikely to be large quantities of metal right below your feet like that, but if there were it'd generally be one point for impaling and one point for momentum-breaking. Possibly a third point to bring the metal up in the first place, depending on how far away it is.

That said, for combat actions you might want to dump all your points for a larger effect, despite what the OP claims. Apologies for the confusion, what the OP describes is intended more for crafting type actions.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 0: Warm Welcome]
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2018, 09:13:42 pm »

"Oh no."

Necromancy: actually develop that power of sucking life force like a wraith.

Enchantment: make the life force nibble capable of 1) switching to AoE and 2) easy to modulate in strength. If the succ wasn't acquired, just make the scepter harder.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2018, 09:17:34 pm »

((Welp, guess I'll try to refine them as I punch them so my Alchemy can see a bit of use.))

It appears there are now sufficient things to punch. Use all three points of Brawling to punch the wraith or wraiths, 3 points of alchemy to refine them as I punch them, 1 point to make the refined product solid, and one point to make sure it is safe to handle.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:07:14 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2018, 09:42:30 pm »

"Blasted thing. Go down!"

Archimedes lays a Returnamantic enchantment on the ground underneath the abomination, an enchantment that will return the weight of whatever steps on it to whatever steps on it. Hence crushing the abomination under its own weight. He puts his remaining Returnamancy points into causing the enchantment to multiply the weight it inflicts.

Archimedes remains on medical overwatch. Seems like his slightly mad compatriots will need it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2018, 09:45:45 pm »

Archimedes lays a Returnamantic enchantment on the ground underneath the abomination, an enchantment that will return the weight of whatever steps on it to whatever steps on it. Hence crushing the abomination under its own weight. He puts his remaining Returnamancy points into causing the enchantment to multiply the weight it inflicts.
Yeah but

if you use a returnamantic shield, and somebody punches it, does your enemy bounce away from you or get punched further into you? I'd think, based on most depictions of this kind of thing and based on what seems like it'd make more sense to want, that it would be the former, right? So shouldn't your enchantment return the force of that weight back up, effectively nullifying gravity for the abomination (and then making it bounce up into the air from the multiplication effect)?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2018, 09:53:54 pm »

Air-cool my gun;
if successful, fire again, with passion, with utmost accuracy (the passion is for the accuracy, obviously :p).
Additionally, draw metal out of the ground below the wraiths' feet, demolishing their momentum and, hopefully, impaling some; or, if the wraiths are already defeated, do this to the nightmares, instead.

((This looks like four actions. Even if you've got the points for it, you can only take two a turn.

There's unlikely to be large quantities of metal right below your feet like that, but if there were it'd generally be one point for impaling and one point for momentum-breaking. Possibly a third point to bring the metal up in the first place, depending on how far away it is.

That said, for combat actions you might want to dump all your points for a larger effect, despite what the OP claims. Apologies for the confusion, what the OP describes is intended more for crafting type actions.))
Fine. Then in that case, do the air-cooling (maybe with an extra point of Artifice just to make it better), and then use my rifle as kind of a focus for the blades of air (basically use it to aim the shots, so that I can use my gun passion to help me shoot).
My assumption is that I can use my metal magic to make things behave like or take on aspects of metal and metal objects.
And then pump the rest of my air and metal into the airblades.

And yeah, I'd assumed that the original metal thing might be 2 points.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:55:57 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2018, 10:33:55 pm »

if you use a returnamantic shield, and somebody punches it, does your enemy bounce away from you or get punched further into you?
((They'd get punched in the same place they punched you. When the abomination steps on the enchanted ground the weight will apply to the equivalent place, aka its back.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2018, 11:02:11 pm »

if you use a returnamantic shield, and somebody punches it, does your enemy bounce away from you or get punched further into you?
((They'd get punched in the same place they punched you. When the abomination steps on the enchanted ground the weight will apply to the equivalent place, aka its back.))
"Who slapped me?" - Carr Zalleman, Returnamancy victim.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 0: Warm Welcome]
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2018, 01:59:41 am »

((I was gonna ask about magic-infused berries, but then I figured it'd probably easier to use herbalism to find an enhancing herb to refine into my flask. Could I do that, or would I need equipment?))
((I think you might have missed this question, Irony))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2018, 04:02:23 am »

((Items that do not exist don't tend to have ammunition.  It first needs to exist, and then it could have ammo.  ;-p))
((Not sure if i get the joke there, but whatever.))

After expertly examining the rifle, Maren has come to a conclusion that:
1. He can't enchant rifle's ammo on account of it not having any.
2. He has mistaken about type of magic used. ((Is it even possible to create something like this with enchantment + whatever? Just asking.  :P ))
3. Trying to tinker with weapon belonging to a new aquintance and made with a bit unfamiliar magics may not be a best idea given the circumstances, or in general.
4. It is best to hand weapon back to it's owner for now, since enemies are getting close.
Well for the time being, I think just killing them would be fine, but if you could enchant the ammunition with anti-these-things properties or something like that, it would help!
But it does not have any...? I rather would not try to do anything with weapon itself, at least not now. And, how i should call you? My name is Maren.

[3] Checking to confirm that you do indeed have a sword to use your sword skill with, you attempt to divine whether the village is under near threat. Your expert senses have difficulty seeing past the current turmoil, but you get the premonition of an echo: You suspect the current assault (or some aspect or it) is not unique.
Well, that is not a surprise...
Retroactively say and do the things.

Enchant the sword to make it sharper (ench, swords?),  and release narrow (as a blade itself, ideally) wedge-shaped blasts of magical energy (or magically produced waves of kinetic energy, if GM decides to pull evil genie on me specifically for no reason) whenever it strikes something (ench 3, swords), in the direction of strike (ench?).

((If i can't do anything from this with my set of skills, i'll be angry.  >:( That's about as basic as one can get. Although last one may or may not need passion, (?) so i'm fine with skipping it if it is.))
If sword didn't get significantlly worse for killing nightmares and not killing yourself in the process (and my character haves reasonable way of knowing it ::) ),  AND nightmares wasn't buffed up somehow in the process of being killed by my teammates (+2 or more to damage buffed up, specifically),AND if there are no giant pile of dirt of doom that will kill me, AND nightmares are still alive after everyone else already hit them, attack them with my sword (swords. :P 2, if first is unused).
Just in case my ring was interpreted by GM as passive bonus that can be applied to this kind of stuff - use it to dodge things better.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:56:29 am by MCreeper »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2018, 04:07:41 am »

Before casting the present turn's spells, Jeffery turns to look at his new found allies. "So hey! Who's up for some ice breakers? The middle of combat seems to be the best time for such a thing. I'm Jeffery."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2018, 05:19:12 am »

((I got auto'd! You kind people :D While I was being hit by signal 3 typhoons, y'all did nice things. Thank you!
Also what is Glow magic .-.; Also which one am I?! Also Sheyra is taking the FLOOR with this! :D ))

Protection: Craft a magicweave armor around the self, harmonized against the enemy (Life magic!), and able to be replicated; additional effects = stability, and protection against magical collateral damage (from literally everyone? From own magic? Either/or)

Life: Construct a healing ward, and enable it to replicate upon further spell charges--focus on it (for...me to fail less in making this! It's pretty much a magical first aid kit bundle of healing that I can throw at stuff!)

As everyone else does their thing, Akari takes time to create the foundations of something that may help everyone else out. She was very annoyed.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:22:20 am by Tiruin »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2018, 11:34:07 am »

((Now, question is, what kind of debuff to "INT" nightmares apply on succesfull hit. Is it fluff? Is it mild debuff with lenght of 1-2 hours/days/turns? Is it near-permanent effect that requires a lot of time/special things to remove? They are "common sight", that should be common knowledge!
  And, i assume that shown monster damage is damage it deals when it rolls 5. What about 6? More? Less? Depends? I hope second turn will come tommorow.  :P))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:26:52 am by MCreeper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2018, 01:22:46 pm »

My assumption is that I can use my metal magic to make things behave like or take on aspects of metal and metal objects.
((Correct, though bear in mind it's easier to do with more similar things. Making copper behave like steel is easier than making air behave like steel, making tin float like air is easier than making lead float like air, and so on.))

((I was gonna ask about magic-infused berries, but then I figured it'd probably easier to use herbalism to find an enhancing herb to refine into my flask. Could I do that, or would I need equipment?))
((I think you might have missed this question, Irony))
((Indeed, or rather noticed it, got distracted by the turn, and forgot about it.

You can generally refine simple things with your bare hands. More sophisticated refining, trying to dredge more complicated or peripheral concepts out of things, might benefit from equipment. As might unpleasant substances, eg squeezing essence of plague out of plague victims with your bare hands might have some obvious drawbacks.))

((Items that do not exist don't tend to have ammunition.  It first needs to exist, and then it could have ammo.  ;-p))
((Not sure if i get the joke there, but whatever.))
((The joke is that you were trying to enchant the ammo to Erin's autocannon, which didn't exist because he couldn't create it. Or at least, I thought you were. If you were trying to enchant the ammo for his rifle, oops. But that doesn't have ammo either.))

((I got auto'd! You kind people :D While I was being hit by signal 3 typhoons, y'all did nice things. Thank you!
Also what is Glow magic .-.; Also which one am I?! Also Sheyra is taking the FLOOR with this! :D ))
((Glad to see you're safe and dry! Your stats are in the Nightmare Group spoiler. Glow Magic is my attempt at giving you that fire/light thing you wanted. It's mostly light, but has some warmth behind it.))

((Now, question is, what kind of debuff to "INT" nightmares apply on succesfull hit. Is it fluff? Is it mild debuff with lenght of 1-2 hours/days/turns? Is it near-permanent effect that requires a lot of time/special things to remove? They are "common sight", that should be common knowledge!
  And, i assume that shown monster damage is damage it deals when it folls 5. What anout 6? More? Less? Depends? I hope second turn will come tommorow.  :P))
((Varies by situation, to both questions! Mental damage is likely to be fluff until it shows up as debuffs from particular critters, heavy hits, botched rolls, etc, at which point its severity can range from a round-long or next-attack debuff to permanent until cured at great expense. Damage shown is generally on a 4; less on a 3, more on a 5 and 6. And/or same damage but more/less special effects.))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:28:00 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26