Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42284 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2018, 12:50:48 pm »

Just in time to see me post in an RTD thread for the first time in... several years, too!

Hope I'm not too rusty. :v
I don't think the dice would dare defy the lengendary Derm of RTRTD :P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2018, 12:52:19 pm »

Just in time to see me post in an RTD thread for the first time in... several years, too!

Hope I'm not too rusty. :v
I don't think the dice would dare defy the lengendary Derm of RTRTD :P

Half of that legend was done by the GM, so Irony has to work with/against me to really make the magic happen.

Let's go you satirically hooting bastard!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2018, 01:07:32 pm »

It's an IO mage game. Anyone who's familiar with those knows things will happen without a care about who's doing it or what their intentions are.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2018, 01:09:21 pm »

The sarcastic owlmoth is a strange creature indeed, for it makes derms and xans out of us all.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2018, 11:26:56 pm »

Turn 0: Warm Welcome

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The trip to Sundrop is an interesting one. You're not much bothered by the hordes of screaming nightmare beasts, though you hear that's a common complaint. The heat is more of a bother, being located in the western scrublands as it is. A forest springs up as you approach, but the trees are black and twisted, bereft of leaves and seeping a sickly sweet-smelling goo. Vaguely unsettling mesas rise within the forest- or perhaps, the forest rises around the mesas- and echoing cries of a nature you cannot place ring through the otherwise silent landscape.

Sundrop itself sits atop one of these mesas, surrounded by cleared-out farmland and accessed by a spiraling earthen ramp. The village is made of dull sandstone, as you might expect from a settlement this far west, and dominated by a cluster of larger buildings in the center, most likely shops.

You wander over to a gaggle of eccentric and unstable looking individuals, presumably others who have been drawn here by the promise of a reward. It's in front of the largest building in town, which to no one's surprise is a tavern. A man in a lavish lime green suit stands proudly in front of the door, waiting for everyone to assemble.

"Shouldn't we wait inside?" someone grouses, shielding their eyes from the heat.

"Oh my heavens no," the man responds in a joyful, decadent drawl. "That might damage the establishment once the additional guests arrive."

"What additional-" someone else begins before being interrupted by a sound like the shrieking of a thousand damned souls.

"I wish you luck mighty heroes!" the man shouts, tipping his hat and slipping into the inn. A heavy bolting sound follows.

You sigh and turn around.

The source of the shrieking appears to be a giant... thing with a dozen spectral skulls for heads, dragging its maybe two-horses-sized torso along on flipper-ish blue arms. Its lower half looks like an absolute mess of vapors, organs, flesh, and just unidentifiable stuff. This thing's about as natural as your obedience to common sense and the rule of law.

Lumbering up the ramp- as opposed to climbing sheer up the side- are a pair of brass golems of some kind. They look like malformed birds of some kind, but are pitted and scarred with age and corruption. Black fluid seeps from their joints, and an unholy madness beckons from their hollow eye sockets.

A gaggle of shrieking, ragged wraiths clamber their way over the edge a short distance away. While dangerous and hungry, they're a little mundane compared to the other two challenges.

Finally, a swarm of nightmare-things bubbles over the edge on the other side. These ones seem to be pure nightmare-stuff: They attack in large numbers, but are weak and tend to vanish completely on being slain. Swarms of them are dangerous to both body and mind, but they're a common sight these days.

Welcome to Sundrop!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone is in. If you're not listed for some reason, let me know!

You might notice everyone has received a MYSTERY BOX. This is an intriguing, randomly generated item you stumbled across and looted, but have not fully figured out the nature of.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 0: Warm Welcome]
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2018, 11:48:34 pm »

Whelp, time to start working on an automated defense system.

Autocannon. Metal to make it and it's ammunition, air to propel everything and to help keep the joints running smoothly, artifice for the aiming system, enemy/friend distinction system, imbuement of shrapnel into the ammunition (also adds the third metal point for better shrapnel), and stabilization of the enchantments.
Because it's a good idea to devote some of the power to making sure that your spell doesn't explosively decompose.

Also, start shooting my own rifle at the incoming bastards.

(Hopefully I've understood the skill mechanics correctly?)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:10:40 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2018, 11:52:16 pm »

"AYE what the SODDEN OVER-OILED HELL are those two HEAPING PILES OF SHITE? Oh ol' Modre's gonna haev tae teach YOU TWO a lesson in ADEQUATE CRAFTSDWARFSHIP!"

Modre uses STONE and MASONRY to summon STONE PILLARS around those SHITTY GOLEMS. MULTIPLE PILLARS. REINFORCED PILLARS. INTERCONNECTED PILLARS. BEAUTIFULLY CARVED into ARTISTIC MASTERPIECES of GREAT CRAFTDWARFSHIP.

These pillars will ENCIRCLE and ENTRAP the TWO BIRD GOLEMS.

Modre will also use NEROMANCY to determine if they have HARVESTABLE SOUL MATTER.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2018, 11:55:24 pm »

From takes a quick glance at the others assembled and rolls her eyes.
"...Geez, what a bore. This is what we're supposed to fight? I thought for a second this was going to be interesting."
She bites her lip, staring at the largest abomination.
"Oh well, gotta push through the boring part before we can get to the fun, right Irstiv? So just d̷̕͢i͘̕͏҉̛e̷̡̡."

DEATH. Rot the big thingie's limbs, clot up its arteries, and make it seriously question its self-worth!
Also perform a totally unnecessary flourish while doing so, just so that everybody knows I'm the one doing it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2018, 12:09:06 am »

"Why does this world hate us so?"

Let's show off the power of Returnamancy. Archimedes weaves a Returnamantic shield around the mage who looks closest to the abomination. The shield should ideally be long-lasting as well as protecting the mage's entire body. When the shield breaks, it should unleash a burst of Returnamancy against the breaker and the breaker's allies.

Aside from that Archimedes will stand by and perform emergency medical treatment if anyone gets hurt.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2018, 12:19:46 am »

"It hates us because it hates everyone. And it hates everyone because some idiot started the end of the world. Makes for some pretty purple clouds though. So swirly!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2018, 12:20:09 am »

(Hopefully I've understood the skill mechanics correctly?)
((You have, except that Metal Magic can't conjure metal out of thin air.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2018, 12:23:09 am »

Use FLESH to make a tentacle sprout out of the abomination creature, use BONE to make bony thorns grow out of the tentacle, use LIFE to make the tentacle act on its own, and use LIFE again to influence it to attack the creature.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2018, 01:18:59 am »

((I regret that I don't have enough fists to punch everything. Guess I'll have to find something else to do until they get into pummeling range.))

See if I can figure out if my mote does anything by thinking at it hard. And for the useful part of my action, if any enemies get close enough, use my Brawling to charge any enemies that get close to our mages, then attempt to transition into a grab and bodily hurl the enemy at the other nearest enemies using my momentum. Basically, I want to charge, grab, and toss anything that gets too close to the casting mages. Don't charge into the horde of nightmares, though.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2018, 01:44:41 am »

"Uhhh... I'll take the wraiths. If anyone gets in any trouble, shout for help and I'll come!"

Jeffery uses summoning magic to create a spear; one point of summoning to, well, summon it, then a point of metal to make it steel, another point of metal to give it an especially sharp tip.

He also uses summoning magic to summon a bronze sentinel with two spears; one point of summoning for the sentinel itself, and another to summon the spears at the same time, and a point of metal to make it out of pure bronze. A third point of summoning is added to make the sentinel actively target and destroy the wraiths.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2018, 01:59:23 am »

"Hey, hey, wait! I haven't even gotten around to preparing yet!" BB uses her MARTIAL ARTS to waste anything that gets too close.

She also uses EARTH to tear out the ground for two pillars. Another point to shape them into fists. ANIMATION to make them hover around her. Another point to make them mimic her motions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26