Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 42261 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 0: Warm Welcome]
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2018, 03:48:35 am »

Ninjaturgy to hide in the shadows! Of my compatriots! I'm sure they won't mind.

Followed by Lightning to lightning the brass golems! A point for each of them sounds good, right? Use the last point to zap, I don't know, whatever seems like it would be funny. A good ninja should always have Shurikens hidden somewhere in that ninja outfit, right? So let's combine that and use shurikens as a lightning delivery device. That sounds like a totally reasonable thing to do.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2018, 06:17:21 am »

"..."

Smith points to one of the Brass golem and crushes his hand into a fist, casting a spell.

Spoiler: Spell at one golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:50:27 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Hotfire90

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2018, 06:46:41 am »

"Oh this is going to be fun."

Use flesh to make the muscles in the abomination's arms weak and soft. Also throw a fireball at its lower body, one point to make the flames hotter and another to make the fireball larger.

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2018, 06:53:48 am »

"Good old Sundrop. Always with the warm welcomes."

Anna turns, looking over the targets for a moment, before planting the hilt of her hammer in the ground and extending her other hand palm forward towards the wraiths. "Return to the beyond, foul creatures! Purification!" Anna channels her VITAMANCY along with her DESTRUCTION magic to create a MASSIVE BEAM of UNDEAD VAPORIZING LIGHT, sweeping it over the mass of wraiths before they can scatter.

She then focuses, turning her PROTECTION magic onto herself as she grants herself a BARRIER to protect against PHYSICAL and MAGICAL attacks for future use once the remaining creatures draw close.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2018, 07:41:17 am »

((That was a bit unexpected. Why lack of change of average pace is unexpected to me is a mystery.))

Upon closer inspection, the crowd turned out to mostly consist of crazy dwarves, creepy old ladies, weird little girls and other shady sort.  Maren has a nagging feeling that they will live up to their to their looks in most terrible manner, caused by his magical ring, whatever he has seen so far and his common sense. Indeed, it was so strong and overshadowing, and he was so tired from walking a lenghty way trough all this hot scrubland just a half-hour ago, that attack of the horde of abominations managed to take him by surprise. Well, even in case his colleagues presented more danger to him then local he is able to do with his skills at the moment by himself, not in the small part due to him
Do i have a sword?
If no
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If yes, simple sword
almost the same thing

Enchant part Erin's ammmunition (3 clips or so. Or however much that is not "more than a half") with "anti-those-things properties", then, if not in immediate dangercaused by enhanting it with buffing-those-things properties, try to divine if and when there will be more attacks on the village in close future, and what they may consist of.

Before all this, he noted Erin, recognized him as enchanter(or something very simillar  :P ), and spoke to him, although he did find those stone eyes a bit unnerving (although a lot less so, then someone's lack of face to speak of. Or it not giving him any trouble):
"Hello, fellow enchanter. Did you got any ideas on how to better repel attack of those beasts?
For both: carefully avoid being busted by MARTIAL ARTS or anything else. If Erin actually manages to start building his cannon somehow, assist him in building it as an action instead, using 2 ench, if permission granted. DO NOT mess with aiming system or friend\enemy detection system.
((Yeah, immensely long post.  :P I hope what i'm trying to do now is within my abilities and speciality.

randomgenericusername, i'll be seeking for a valid in-character reason to attempt to assasinate yours.  :P ))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:39:07 pm by MCreeper »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2018, 09:36:17 am »

Well for the time being, I think just killing them would be fine, but if you could enchant the ammunition with anti-these-things properties or something like that, it would help!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2018, 10:16:47 am »

Actions changed. Original one may or may not be nearly as much of a stretch as "pyromancer making area freezing cold by drawing all heat away from it",
and probably would not have passed anyways.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:38:01 am by MCreeper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2018, 03:51:09 pm »

"I am flattered we have a welcome committee, but what they have in enthusiasm they lack in flair. Absolutely dreadful." Devorae pointed out as he rested one of his feet atop his shiny chest of riches. He looked around to try and see where he could provide some assistance, immediately discounting using most of his effort on the golems since they weren't his specialty and focusing on the undead he could control of...

Since most of the wizard gaggle was focusing its attention on the big one, his attention went to the lowly wraiths instead. Not enough flair, but it'd have to do. Maybe he could even generously give their weak forms some much-needed improvement.

1 Necromancy: Take control of a wraith.
+1: Make it attack the other enemies, with a preference for those targeting or heading towards their new master.
+3: Extend the effect to three more wraiths.
1 Enchantment: Make the wraiths suck life force faster.
+1 Specialize them into rapid weakening instead of murdering.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2018, 04:26:11 pm »

For my first action, I would like to do some tai chi (all wuxia points) in conjunction with life magic (all life points) to prepare myself for future fights by strenghtening my body. The life force is to do the strengthening, the tai chi to focus the life magic into a form that helps with martial arts.

For my second action, I would like to use all of my Chi Magic points to conduct a tea ceremony in order to commune with whatever ancestor or guardian spirits (if any) are around this place. The tea ceremony is the conduit, steeped in tradition, to invite the spirits from the spirit world to here. If succesful, say the following to the spirit:
"Greetings, honorable spirit. My surname is Li, and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character. I have invited you here to offer you a nice a cup of tea, and to ask you to aid in the defence of this town."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2018, 07:50:08 pm »

((Hey Irony, I forgot to ask for clarification, but does Alchemy use sigils and such for refining or is it more like magical chemistry?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2018, 08:00:10 pm »

((Hey Irony, I forgot to ask for clarification, but does Alchemy use sigils and such for refining or is it more like magical chemistry?))
((Magical chemistry. Or more specifically, melting things down into representative or concentrated materials; plants with healing properties to a healing potion would be the obvious example, but distilling the strength out of steel or fertility from dirt would also qualify.

You could still potentially end up using sigils for some of that, but it's not an obvious requirement.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2018, 08:27:30 pm »

((Magical chemistry. Or more specifically, melting things down into representative or concentrated materials; plants with healing properties to a healing potion would be the obvious example, but distilling the strength out of steel or fertility from dirt would also qualify.

You could still potentially end up using sigils for some of that, but it's not an obvious requirement.))
((Can I use it to make a refining sigil to activate when to horde of nightmares gets closer? I want to refine them into something for my first potion.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2018, 09:58:25 pm »

((Can I use it to make a refining sigil to activate when to horde of nightmares gets closer? I want to refine them into something for my first potion.))
((Alchemy has no innate ability to create sigils, so you'd need something else to help. You could try to refine enemies as a form of attack, but it'd be about as awkward as trying to harvest a foe's pelt mid battle. Not impossible for a derpy mage, but definitely not ideal.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2018, 11:56:13 pm »

((Would I be able to draw the sigils if I used my herbalism to find some dye producing plants or berries, or would I need a drawing skill?))

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2018, 11:08:14 am »

((Alchemy has no innate ability to create sigils, so you'd need something else to help. You could try to refine enemies as a form of attack, but it'd be about as awkward as trying to harvest a foe's pelt mid battle. Not impossible for a derpy mage, but definitely not ideal.))
((Reminded me about "essence of bark" item from "Sorcery!". More precisely, about hilarious mental image i had before i remembered what else bark is. Actually, an idea: catch a dog, or whatever else is for dog and barking now, and refine into essence of bark. Whatever one would use it for, though...))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:10:22 pm by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26