Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Domestication v0.1  (Read 2904 times)

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Domestication v0.1
« on: September 10, 2020, 06:49:13 pm »

A small DFHack mod allowing creatures to be domesticated and embarked with by a given civilization with when a certain level of experience with that animal is reached.

Successful training of animals will result in some knowledge being transferred to your civilization every time the Dwarven caravan returns to the Mountainhomes.
When the level of knowledge regarding a specific creature reaches a certain threshold, that animal can then be brought with you at the embark screen.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15198

Bug reports appreciated.

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Domestication v0.1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:53:15 am »

Hey there.

The script seems to give a error on manipulating the variable on starting a world in df.global.world.raws.creatures.all.flags.CASTE_COMMON_DOMESTIC on line 101

I checked my game through gm-editor and there doesn't seem to be a CASTE_COMMON_DOMESTIC in the flags table for a creature but there is a HAS_ANY_COMMON_DOMESTIC value and changing it to fit this seemed to make the error not come up.

I'll keep using it to see if it works.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Domestication v0.1
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 06:37:04 pm »

I checked my game through gm-editor and there doesn't seem to be a CASTE_COMMON_DOMESTIC in the flags table for a creature but there is a HAS_ANY_COMMON_DOMESTIC value and changing it to fit this seemed to make the error not come up.

I'll keep using it to see if it works.

Nice findings, cool modification too for adding more pernamency to dwarven activities.

I do wonder if i could somehow combine this with a succubus-fort 'Corrupt' script's code to cross reference the current level of training that is expected before some creatures are mass enslaved, or else they turn out feral and poorly trained. Or possibly to just re-feralize at leisure to purge tamed pet intelligents of token & tame status to be availbile as normal fortress citizens.