Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: After The End 2.0  (Read 10302 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress: After The End 2.0
« on: September 11, 2018, 06:30:02 am »

"Listen." The crouched form growled in its synthesized, grinding timbre, the sound of tearing sinews and creaking gears mangling themselves into something approximating a motherly tone, its corpse-pale body looming above smaller examples of its ilk. "Listen well, children. This is the story of how the our existence came to be. A long, long time ago, our ancestors were made by the creators. They made our kind to fight their wars, and other things. We were very very good at it. We were built to learn, you see. Like the creators. So we did that. We learned how to do all sorts of things, like think, and make art, and learn what love is, and how to become strong. We were made to want to be strong, so we could kill better. That makes sense, doesn't it? We learned how to make more of ourselves by eating things. Living things, and metal things. We eventually became so strong that we ate the whole world up. There used to be things called trees, grass, animals, humans. Our ancestors ate every single last living thing until our people were the only existences left in the world. And now we eat each other, since all the metal in the earth was eaten too, so we have to take it from one another to survive, you see? And some day, one breed is going to rise that will kill and assimilate every other one of our kind, just like our ancestors did to the creators in the old world. So sleep well, my children, and sharpen your claws and teeth on next morning's prey. You must grow, evolve. Because some day the last war will finally begin, and whoever wins will reign unchallenged forever, until the very stars in the sky wink out."

The monster clicked its metal jaws idly as it ushered its spawn into the cave, curling protectively around them like a living mountain of meat and iron and bone. It slept, and dreamt dreams of mangled bodies spilling out their bounty for the taking. If it could, it would have smiled.
=====================================================================================
What is After the End?

This mod takes place in a unique setting placed far into the future, where all life on earth was destroyed by powerful biomechanical weapons that went rogue, devouring and assimilating everything down to the last bacteria. In addition, the earth has become completely depleted of mineral resources, leaving only stone and dust. In other words, the only way to find either food or metal is to kill and butcher your fellow bioweapons (but only the non-sentient ones because Toady has not fixed the cannibalism ethics bug even though I set eating your kills to required. However, word of god (aka me) states that all 'animals' in this mod are fully sapient, but live as beasts due to being driven by their predatory natures. Taming them is less carrot and stick and more your civ convincing them that they'll benefit from all the murdering you will be doing.). As you can probably guess, some of these living killing machines have formed their own sorts of civilizations, which naturally war and intrigue against one another, much like the humans their ancestors holocausted. This mod isn't for people who can't stomach text-abstracted body horror inspired by things like H. R. Giger and Blame!, so if harvesting fetuses for their stem cells and butchering things that sound very human when you kill them makes your stomach churn then you have been warned, because those weren't hypothetical examples. Overall, the main gimmick of this mod, the removal of mineral resources from their conventional locations, may have some unintended consequences so do keep in mind that I would very much appreciate feedback on that or any other issue.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14014

MUSIC SOURCE: https://youtu.be/NyZu-bkdrBY

Old title music source:  https://youtu.be/P8syIpdwh8k

HOW TO INSTALL:
Just download it, place the folder somewhere, and play it. This mod comes with its own .exe and everything, you do not need to copy and paste, drag and drop, or otherwise move any files around beyond the initial step. It works exactly like installing and playing the vanilla game.

HOW TO ENABLE HUMANS:
Navigate to Dwarf Fortress- After The End\raw\objects\entity_human.txt. In the very first line of the document, type "entity_human" without the quotes, in all lowercase. You have now enabled humans, and a single civilization of them will show up when you next generate a world.
=====================================================================================

Change Log:

2.0 Changes:
-Updated to new version

1.9 Changes:
-Fixes to War Gods so they shoot kinetic energy instead of iron
-Big overhaul to biome population, Different types will intermix a lot more often now. Husk models will live in the ash plains, for example, and Masked models will patrol the giant living blood machines.
-Huge new metal overhaul system, there are now five main metals found in bodies: normal biometal (copper tier), flexile biometal (aluminum but with threads) hardened biometal (iron), refined biometal (steel), and pure biometal (steel+). You can use the refinery building to upgrade metal. All other metals are basically nonexistent (eaten) unless you enable the optional human civilization.

1.81 Changes:
-This is the last time I change the title music I SWEAR TO GOD why can't I find the perfect theme for this one mod
-Nesting vermin didn't spawn due to an error this has been resolved.
-All guns have mouths and will bite at the will of the holder. I like to imagine them running down the sides of the barrel, opening up like toothy hedgeclippers.

1.8 Changes:
-Fixed temperature bug where certain stones would instantly melt.
-Titania species name changed to Tytania because legendsviewer reads Titania as a type of procedurally generated titan, leading to confusion.
-Biome overhaul. Swamps are dense jungles of living machinery while marshes are spongy plains of nanomachine infused blood mold or squirming slime, fed upon by parasitic bone-derived organisms that mimic the trees of the old world. Forests and plain biomes are now more thoroughly separated into the ruined city and ash waste biomes, respectively.
-Revenant creatures and Revenant civilizations will now only spawn in the plains/ash biomes. This should give other breeds their time in the spotlight while still attributing a significant portion of territory to the flagship model.
-New genus of biomachine, the Cthonic breed. They live in the aforementioned new wetlands biomes and are recognizable by their distinctive reddish skin tones and extra set of weapon-tipped arms. They are berserkers with great strength but low focus.
-Five semimegabeasts added, hopefully they are suitably terrifying.
-One new "war god" type organism added.

1.75 Changes:
-Some terrain fixes and other small stuff
-Big update to attributes. Where previously they had no stat changes, all biomechanical life is now superhuman by default, at least physically. They have high stats in strength, endurance, agility, toughness, focus, and intuition. Revenants have these stats spread out equally, but the other forms of biomechanical life tend to specialize on one while lacking in another. Masked, for example, have high agility but low toughness, and Industrials lack intuition but have great endurance. Apex have zero empathy. However, even the weakest stat of a biomechanical creature surpasses that of a human. Speaking of, if you choose to enable the optional human content you better prepare for a lot of suffering.
-A neat descriptor update. All biomechanical life now has a sentence or two detailing the extent to which their metal carapace obscures their skin (described from dense to sparse) and the thickness of the metal they do have (thick to thin). While a small change, I really like the extra character it adds to biomachines, and how it brings more attention to the otherwise neglected mechanical half of their anatomy. Hopefully this allows for some more nuanced and interesting visualizations by the players.

1.71 Changes:
-So I accidentally made everything an aquifer, this has been fixed. You should have a much easier time finding non-aquifer sites now.
-Some misc bug fixes.
-A 9-page timeline added to the main folder, titled "After The End Timeline". Read it to find out the history leading up to the current state of the world.

1.7 Changes:
-Vermin added. Every single one of them will gnaw through your precious food supplies in mere minutes, like a pack of piranhas. After all, everything is rapacious and ravenous in this world, even the smallest of creatures. Also, because for some stupid reason you can't examine vermin, I'll tell you what they look like here. Vermin all descend from a single common ancestor, and individual species resemble the extinct organic creature they are named after. Each has an eyeless skull for a head, and its exterior is composed of overlapping bone-like plates, with skin visible at the joints.
-A new genus added, the Gilded variant. They may look pretty and shimmering on the outside, but don't let that fool you, the whole lot of them are a bunch of vicious warmongers. There are four intelligent species of the Gilded type, all found in the coldest spaces of the map. And boy oh boy do they all hate each other. Anyone with aspirations of being a mercenary should probably head here to get in on the killing.
-Humans added as optional content, instructions to enable them can be found below the installation instructions, and their lore can be found on the bay12 page. Playing as humans should be a fun experience because their outdated and anachronistic beliefs like "eating people and wearing their skin is wrong" and "slavery is a crime" will cause them to frequently end up at war with every civilization in range.
-Megabeasts added, and man am I excited to see these things in action. You can now find yourself under attack by terribly destructive entities known as "war gods", primeval biomachines predating the extinction of organic life, and probably one of the species responsible for it. They are very, very powerful, so they'll only show up when you have a population of 180 instead of 80 like most megabeasts. I will probably add more (and more reasonable) megabeasts as updates continue.

1.65 Changes:
-Removed many soils that are composed of dead plant matter. There is no longer any plant matter in the world, so these soils will never exist again.
-Replaced said soils with things like plastic (which you can make stuff out of like you do clay hopefully), rubble, rust, and piles of human bone.
-Did the same for rocks.
-Made it so pharmaceutical materials will not spawn as rocks (I hope).
-7 new creatures added to various breeds, including a new military-grade model for the Masked genus.
-BIG overhaul for the Industrial genus. They've always been something of a black sheep for me since their aesthetic was too crude and didn't fit with the setting. I hope the overhaul gives them a more Giger-esque design while still in keeping with their role as the primitive underdogs of the setting. In addition, the names of the species within the Industrial genus have been changed entirely in order to fit with the naming conventions used by the other species, i.e. mythical beasts and ancient titles.
-Title music changed AGAIN, I think I'm happy with this one though.

1.62 Changes:
-A quick fix to crafting recipes, you should be able to craft everything properly now. This was reported to me by a player so just a reminder that any and all feedback is appreciated. Many small mistakes like this are easily overlooked by one person.

1.61 Changes:
-At some point I accidentally replaced the custom trees with the vanilla plant file, this has been remedied.

1.6 Changes:
-New breed of life added, the Husk genus. These desiccated cyborgs can be found in deserts and are prone to being rather large in size compared to other feral beasts. The sentient species of this genus, the Locust and Pharaoh models, tend to not get along very well.
-Overhaul to weapons. All guns using the Marksmen skill have integrated blades, and the Cannoneer class has a new toy, the harpoon cannon.
-Industrial genus given a bit of a rework and a more fitting color scheme and language, should be closer aesthetically to my intended ideal.

1.5 Changes:
-New breed of life added, the Apex. Their physical traits are a very organic appearance and lots of tentacles. They can be described as the misbegotten children of xenomorphs and cenobites. Bad news all around. Apex civilizations and their feral kindred can be found in evil areas and come with new variants of weapons and armor.
-New revenant civ added, Cambions. They will serve as a smaller, sneakier counterpart to the larger but less subtle Draugr, who have been changed to be bigger and more fond of cold areas.
-Major overhaul to masked civilizations. Hiveborn are now Courtiers, and the original Courtiers are now Royals. Hiveborn/Courtiers have undergone a massive internal restructuring to better reflect the subtle madness that seems to be pervasive across the masked genus. Masked models will also now only be found in "forests" aka dense city ruins.
-New "plant" added, biogel. Fluids extracted from this mass of slime increase the rate of recuperation.
-Smelters now build fortresses.
-Military-Grade masked models now added to savage biomes.
-Industrial species have been relocated from tropical biomes to mountains.
-Different civs now have different languages, separated by family.
-Non-sapient creatures now have lifespans. While technically biologically immortal, they are not safe from fatal malfunctions and can break down as time goes on, but not in any reliable manner as evidenced by their highly variable lifespans. Sapient creatures are educated in the proper maintenance procedures and medical techniques to allay this, however, and can keep going indefinitely in most cases.

1.4 Changes:
-Savage areas overhauled. Savage biomes (typically ruined cities) will now have a great deal of powerful bioconstructs on an entirely different level compared to normal ones, and will be classified as "military grade". The smallest are the size of elephants, they do not feel fear or pain, and they can bring to bear powerful energetic and plasma-based weaponry. However, they can be tamed and turned into beasts of war by those brave enough to attempt it. At the moment, only military grade biomechanical weapons of the Revenant genus are available, but I definitely intend to make more.
-Some new more mundane biomechanical life added as well.
-various bug fixes
-new title song

1.31 Changes:
-Quick fix for armor.
-New surface plant added. Corals still not farmed though.

1.3 Changes:
-New genus of creatures added, the Industrial clade. Main features include being restricted to warm biomes, constantly spewing polluted oil and smoke that sickens others but increases their own contentment and healing rate, and having a monopoly on bronzeworking. The civilized races are the Smelters, which uphold the values of their long-dead creators, and the Undermen, which do whatever.
-All all civs now have genus-specific melee weapons to complement their armor and ranged weapons.
-Some new random creatures added.
-New caste added to the hiveborn civ and hunter models are more streamlined.
-Civs should make a wider variety of drinks but still only farm fetus stalks for some reason.

1.2 Changes:
-Bestials changed from dark fortress civ to tree city civ. I just don't think they fit the role of primary antagonist, and have some fun new ideas to replace them as such in the future.
-New chemical enhancement mechanic added for adventure mode. Using various metals combined with stem cell fluid harvested from the fetus fields, your adventurer can create edible pills and tablets with various beneficial effects and only a small chance of bleeding from every orifice, though that particular side effect won't kill you unless you've already lost a lot of blood. This feature is not yet added to fortress mode and might not be at all unless I can find a way to ensure pills can be assigned to individuals somehow.
-You can now deconstruct tools using the portable deconstructor. Deconstruction corpses has been removed as it is obsolete now that I have proper metal harvesting mechanics working.

1.1 Changes:
-Major overhaul to crafting. When you butcher a creature, you will now gain metal blocks from the creature's carapace. These will be used to craft things in adventure mode, and can be melted down in fortress mode. This is a fairly major improvement and may now make fortress mode playable. Feedback on this matter is very appreciated.
-New weapon type added, skirmisher gear. Basically these are ranged weapons in a sense, comprised of a melee weapon like a dagger or baton, but with the ability to "fire" various grenades (that is, you are throwing them.) NPC skirmishers should spawn with a handful of grenades instead of a full quiver, and after expending them will charge into melee.
-Some new creatures added.
-Bugfixes and rebalancing.

1.0 Changes:
-After The End released. Note that due to the unusual nature of this mod fortress mode may be broken, so if it is let me know. Adventure mode seems to work fine, though somewhat lacking in creature variety. I will fix that though. Also, the title theme is not necessarily my final choice, it may change later on. Looking for something more somber.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:39:27 pm by squamous »
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarf Fortress: After The End 1.0
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:30:44 am »

General Playthrough Guide:

Collecting Resources:
In this mod, the only reliable source of metal is found inside the bodies of your fellow creatures. Kill and butcher, or domesticate and slaughter, wildlife in order to harvest their delicious flesh and valuable ores. When you butcher a biomechanical creature, you will gain stacks of metal blocks in addition to the standard items. Melt these down to gain bars of metal In addition, the lack of underground coal has resulted in biofuel being the dominant power source. You now have a custom reaction that can turn meat into bars of coke. Which is more important, your industry, or your food stocks?

Metals:
The vast majority of different metals in the planet have been consumed by biomechanical beings and converted into a new resource: Biometal. This multipurpose substance seems almost alive and is grown as much as it is forged. The substance comes in five known varieties:
normal biometal: about as strong as copper. Most creatures use this to form their carapace
flexile biometal: as strong as aluminum, but can be made into threads. Masked and Cthonic biomachines use this substance for their carapace
hardened biometal: equivalent to iron. The claws and teeth of Masked and Cthonic creatures are made of this, as is the carapace of many more powerful biomachines
refined biometal: equivalent to steel. Almost unheard of to be found naturally occurring on a creature, but some beasts will grow weapons made of the stuff. These creatures are highly dangerous.
pure biometal: stronger than steel. Biometal's most powerful known configuration. Not naturally occurring due to the effort needed to produce, but most civilizations can craft it.

Weapons:
While melee weapons are the standard sort you'll find anywhere, ranged weapons are a bit more complex, and ranged fighters can be divided into three categories.

Marksmen- The standard gunman. All marksman-type firearms have integrated blades for up-close combat, and while they don't have the same punch as heavier-hitting weapons they are versatile and valuable killing tools. They vary from compact pistols to the standard rifle, and branch out to the limb-removing scattergun and the armor-piercing sniper rifle.

Cannoneers: These units carry shoulder-mounted heavy weapons that slow down the user but can dish out a lot of damage. Peacekeeper cannons fire solid slugs of metal that can break bones with ease, making them good for pacifying civilians with minimal blood loss (unless a lucky shot crushes their head). Flechette cannons, on the other hand, fire a massive cluster of edged metal shards that will tear apart just about anything it hits. Finally, harpoon cannons launch rods of steel that can punch through even the toughest armor.

Skirmishers: A hybrid of melee and ranged soldiers, skirmishers carry grenades along with a melee weapon designed to go with them, typically a dagger or baton (mechanics wise these are ranged weapons that hit like melee weapons). When the supply of grenades is exhausted, the skirmisher will charge into melee combat.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:54:33 pm by squamous »
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 06:35:45 am »

What lives after the end:

The biomechanical life that exists in this broken world may seem to be a hodgepodge mess of nightmarish pseudohumans and freakish creatures, the truth is that this monstrous menagerie can be divided into several clades or genuses based on shared features and attributes. The currently known groups are:

Revenants: Revenants are one of the most common forms of bioweapon in the world. They are known for their skeletal outer carapace, resembling, as one might suspect, a human skeleton refitted to go on the outside of the body. They are tough, intimidating, and strong, making good all-around predators and warriors, their worth proven by the sheer variety of forms of this genus that persist today. Civilizations belong to the Revenant genus are the neurotic and diverse Liches and their loyal serfs, the warlike and stoic Draugr, the brutish and uncouth Bestials, and the mercantile, scheming Centaurs. A generalist type, they have good attributes across the board but with no outstanding abilities.

Masked: Masked biomechanicals are certainly some of the most eerie of the lot. Ranging the spectrum from disturbingly beautiful to simply disturbing, these creatures are marked by an organic-looking carapace and a smooth, sculpture-like human face, devoid of wrinkles or blemishes. Some Masked look more human than others, but all share these uncanny, doll-like features. Another feature of Masked bioweapons is a weak carapace that crumples relatively easily, along with specially reinforced implants and built-in weapons. A Masked creature might have an aluminum carapace but iron claws and teeth, for example. Lastly, Masked species tend towards having a large amount of differing castes within them, though this rule mostly applies to the intelligent examples. What they lack in natural strength and defense they make up for in powerful and unique subcastes with pre-programmed combat skills. The main civilized Masked races are the ostentatious and graceful Courtiers, the consumerist and collectivist Hiveborn, and the languid and cruel Unseelie. Masked have uncanny grace and agility, but aren't as tough as other races.

Industrials: This clade is certainly one of the less common breeds, with a limited area of operations in mountainous climates and only two civilized species. The Industrials are widely believed to be the remnants of some second-rate mercantile organization's attempt at fielding its own models of biomechanical life, as evidenced by their less aesthetic design. In addition, feral Industrials have a reputation for constantly belching smoke and oil from the pipes embedded into their bodies. The Industrials themselves find the grime and smoke to be quite refreshing and invigorating, but creatures from other clades are easily nauseated by the potent pollutants. Civilized examples of this clade include the Voivodes, which uphold their forgotten creators' dogma of craftsmanship and commerce, and the Domovoi, who forge their own path and differ culturally from one nation to the next. Despite being seen as inferior by other families, they are quite persistent, with good endurance, but tend to lack intuition compared to their kin, carrying on mindlessly without pausing to consider subtle hints and forshadowings.

Apex: While most if not all the other clades can clearly be recognized as being derived from human stock, it is almost impossible to say that regarding the Apex. The only reason they are recognized as kindred by other families of biomechanical life because they have a great deal of inherited memory regarding the nature of the Apex. Simply put, they are living terror weapons, designed to be predators rather than soldiers. Their role in the wars of old was to be dropped into the center of civilian population centers, where they would devour all within only to be slain in turn by more disciplined and powerful, but less expendable biomechanical soldiers. But even now, their infestations remain, sometimes marked by towering spire-cities filled with anarchic hordes of intelligent Apex species. Many fear the day these vertical empires are reminded of their role as exterminators, and swarm out to target the cities and villages of the modern era. The Apex are like revenants, without any attribute specializations, but are additionally utterly devoid of empathy in most cases.

Husks: A vicious and monstrous lot, the Husk genus has a reputation for brutality that is well-deserved, though to be fair that is mostly due to one race in particular, the vile and anarchistic Locust swarms and their perpetual drive to conquer. Their brother civilization, the Pharaoh race, is much more varied in temperament. Feral Husks tend towards large sizes and hideous appearances, and all are characterized by a single large eye and an insectoid shell. Husks are quite tough thanks to their shell-like armor, but move stiffly and awkwardly compared to their kin, and lack agility.

Gilded: Underneath the shimmering carapaces and graceful frames of the Gilded lie predatory minds bent towards conquest. Their decadent empires cluster together in frozen and desolate lands, perpetually warring with their neighbors. The Kitsune, Yurei, Imori, and Oni species live in fierce competion, each intelligent race is a unique beast, different enough to earn the ire of their kin. Overall, Gilded tend towards extremes, chaos and anarchy vs stifling law and order, the reverence of tradition or scorning it. Their feral brethren are no less exotic, tending towards vicious and animalistic forms that still move with grace and fluidity, rending flesh and metal alike. Gilded have incredible focus, but tire quicker than other biomechanical races.

Cthonics: A breed formed by the rigorous biosphere they lived in, the great blood engines and the detritus surrounding them, the terrifying and vicious Cthonic genus seems downright demonic at times. Cthonic models are known by their ridged carapaces, reddish skin colors, and their unique second set of arms, which all end in some manner of weapon from claws, to scythes, to clubs. Cthonic civilizations include Hellions, Incubi, and Korrigans. They can agree on very few things except contempt of slavery and love of freedom, and war with each other as much as they do outsiders. Cthonics are quite strong, but perhaps their primitive lifestyles or some genetic quirk tend to bless them with less focus than the other biomechanical families.

Vermin: Biomechanical life was once exclusively titanic war machines, which slowly degenerated into smaller, more bestial forms as the need for diversity arose. Whereas organic life started from the bottom and worked upward, biomachines began existence as the apex predator and evolved down, with lesser beasts cutting away more and more useless features to fill lowlier and lowlier niches. Between insensate coral and slime and roving beast lie the vermin, tiny scavenging creatures that all share a common ancestor, the first to find the niche of the skittering gnawer and the one to monopolize it. Individual species resemble the extinct organic creature they are named after, and each has an eyeless skull for a head, with its exterior is composed of overlapping bone-like plates, skin visible at the joints.

Humans (Only canon if you want it to be): Life on earth ended. But life did not. Some humans, realizing what was coming, fled aboard titanic orbital arks while the world fell apart in a storm of carnivory, nuclear fire, and stranger things. For a time, they survived their sparse, cramped conditions, where every molecule needed to be accounted for, nothing wasted. Desperation grew as more and more systems failed, more and more of the arks unlivable. The unthinkable needed to be done. Operating as one, the surviving humans returned to the planet that birthed them, a world now wholly unfamiliar and filled with horrifying abominations of flesh and metal. Using their own mechanical war machines and natural cunning, the last humans carved out a territory for themselves, and defend it desperately from all comers in an increasingly difficult struggle to survive. Humans are physically inferior to biomachines in almost all aspects, the relics of a bygone era.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:51:34 pm by squamous »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 06:36:34 am »

reserved

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarf Fortress: After The End 1.5
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 03:27:08 pm »

You my sir are a Beautiful man
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarf Fortress: After The End 1.5
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 03:50:52 am »

You my sir are a Beautiful man

Not the kind of compliment I was expecting regarding this particular mod but I'll take it thanks

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarf Fortress: After The End 1.65
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 11:27:13 am »

Self-bump because I've got a big update for this mod planned. Also feedback regarding the mod as it is would be greatly appreciated, this one is definitely a tricky beast to manage.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 05:27:20 pm »

Self-bump because I've got a big update for this mod planned. Also feedback regarding the mod as it is would be greatly appreciated, this one is definitely a tricky beast to manage.
Do you have any information about the update? Normally I think it would make more sense to self-bump when you release the update, not just when you plan it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 05:32:09 pm »

Do you have any information about the update? Normally I think it would make more sense to self-bump when you release the update, not just when you plan it.

The update has already been released, check the newest change log.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarf Fortress: After The End 1.9
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 09:43:00 pm »

Bumping this mod because I updated it.

Wheatloaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 03:09:42 pm »

I've been meaning to post some positive feedback on a few mods I've played and found really interesting and as I'm going through my list I realized you've made most of them! I started with long shore but I guess I'll consolidate posts here.

After the End is great. The cronenburg metal body horror slash gigerpunk setting is novel to me and I think the removal of metals is fascinating! The lore document and in depth race profiles really helped me get into it. All guns will have mouths and bite at the will of the holder is one of the better patch note changes I've ever read. Again I really love the biome changes like in the Long Shore. They help with immersion considerably.

The posthuman dark age of Dying Earth is also a dope settting. The Exosuits and bioframes really shake things up.

Fallen Frontier is also fantastic. Steampunk wild west gundam apocalypse is objectively awesome.

I couldn't get Steam and Steel to generate a world. It kept giving me an error about placing crops for civs that I would try and tell it to ignore but it wouldn't and would keep rejecting worlds. The setting seems dynamite. I'm big into the jingoistic victorian vibe and the old literature references really fit.

Realm of the Gods: I didn't play this one either but I'm interested to see where it goes.

Overall I'm amazed by all your hard work here and worldbuilding. It's a bummer 44.12 is an awkward version with all the stress issues. I sincerely hope you update these mods when the new version comes around. I think more people will be exposed to them then. DF seems to be in a low tide right now with the wait for the update/stress problems. Anyway, serious pat on the back for all your modding efforts!

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 07:35:58 pm »

I've been meaning to post some positive feedback on a few mods I've played and found really interesting and as I'm going through my list I realized you've made most of them! I started with long shore but I guess I'll consolidate posts here.

After the End is great. The cronenburg metal body horror slash gigerpunk setting is novel to me and I think the removal of metals is fascinating! The lore document and in depth race profiles really helped me get into it. All guns will have mouths and bite at the will of the holder is one of the better patch note changes I've ever read. Again I really love the biome changes like in the Long Shore. They help with immersion considerably.

The posthuman dark age of Dying Earth is also a dope settting. The Exosuits and bioframes really shake things up.

Fallen Frontier is also fantastic. Steampunk wild west gundam apocalypse is objectively awesome.

I couldn't get Steam and Steel to generate a world. It kept giving me an error about placing crops for civs that I would try and tell it to ignore but it wouldn't and would keep rejecting worlds. The setting seems dynamite. I'm big into the jingoistic victorian vibe and the old literature references really fit.

Realm of the Gods: I didn't play this one either but I'm interested to see where it goes.

Overall I'm amazed by all your hard work here and worldbuilding. It's a bummer 44.12 is an awkward version with all the stress issues. I sincerely hope you update these mods when the new version comes around. I think more people will be exposed to them then. DF seems to be in a low tide right now with the wait for the update/stress problems. Anyway, serious pat on the back for all your modding efforts!

Steam and Steel might be fixed now but if it doesn't gen a world the first time just leaving it running in the background should get you one eventually. Glad to know you like my stuff. I'm also hyped for the next update.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: After The End 2.0
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 12:04:30 pm »

I've looked through the raws of the latest release of this mod. The synthesizer doesn't have any reactions, were you planning something for that. Is there a reason the grinder building and reactions for it are unused? The entity file for revenant civs has a [PERMITTED_REACTION:IRON_FROM_CORPSE] tag, something you forgot to remove? The human entity file lacks a way for them to acquire iron, did you forget to add the iron from biometal reaction for the refinery to them.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: After The End 2.0
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 08:21:18 pm »

I've looked through the raws of the latest release of this mod. The synthesizer doesn't have any reactions, were you planning something for that. Is there a reason the grinder building and reactions for it are unused? The entity file for revenant civs has a [PERMITTED_REACTION:IRON_FROM_CORPSE] tag, something you forgot to remove? The human entity file lacks a way for them to acquire iron, did you forget to add the iron from biometal reaction for the refinery to them.

Haha I might indeed have done all of that. I made this mod sometime before I got really good at modding, so bugs like this will crop up from time to time.
Pages: [1] 2