Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Regarding Dwarves, Which grouping fits you the best?

Small Nose Fan
Big Nose Enjoyer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: ☼«☼Vettlingr's Tileset☼»☼ 32x 1.6-1 - OUTLINED Edition. Updated 3/7-22  (Read 264273 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Vettlingr's Dwarves v1.0 32x32, 24x24.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 04:10:31 pm »

I think KING and QUEEN, as well as KING_CONSORT and QUEEN_CONSORT are hardcoded, but I might be wrong.

If you alter [POSITION:MONARCH] to [POSITION:JARL], you can certainly add graphics for JARL, but I think the male jarl could still be changed with KING and the female jarless could still be changed with QUEEN, because you only alter the names of the positions, not the position IDs for the gendered versions.

Should be easy to test by genning a world with a dead home civ, one of your dwarves will be crowned upon embark.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 04:57:53 pm »

Very aesthetically pleasing and charming, both cute and badass.
You should be very proud. Well done!
The bottom-middle WIP goblin head is unsettling on a deep level, looking forward to seeing your Elves when they're ready to be seen.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 05:17:30 pm »

@Meph: Hmm, I dont see any tag other than Precidance:1 that woul decide why a Position is a king or not. I guess the barons, counts and dukes can be linked to LAND_HOLDER:x.

@zaporozhets: I've been working some more on the goblins. So far I have only put together a peasant.

Ill update with the elves when I come around to it. Maybe in the next few days. Other than that, notice that the sprite for blowgunner has an actual gun. Always thought blowpipes to be superficial, so why not add some mod support!

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 06:08:33 pm »

@Sver: Sure, mask-like helmets are an excellent way of making them more distinct. I actually already made the "Sutton Hoo" helmet for my adventurer sprites.

Neat! I guess, counting the strong norse mythos flavor of the tileset, Saxon or Celtic theme (or a mix of both) would work for humans quite well.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 06:51:10 pm »

@Sver: Sure, mask-like helmets are an excellent way of making them more distinct. I actually already made the "Sutton Hoo" helmet for my adventurer sprites.

Neat! I guess, counting the strong norse mythos flavor of the tileset, Saxon or Celtic theme (or a mix of both) would work for humans quite well.
Although what are celts if not running into the heat of battle butt naked with an oval shield?

Throw in some kilts and some mail, and the concept is starting to shape up. Kilt-wearing bag pipe bards is reason enough to get started!

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 08:22:16 pm »

Although what are celts if not running into the heat of battle butt naked with an oval shield?

Throw in some kilts and some mail, and the concept is starting to shape up. Kilt-wearing bag pipe bards is reason enough to get started!

"And tell goblins they can take our clothes, but they can never take our FREEEEDOM!"
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 08:35:28 pm »

"And tell goblins they can take our clothes, but they can never take our FREEEEDOM!"
Too bad I will have to do goblins before I do tartan-wearing-celtic-viking-anglo-saxons-with-bag-pipes.

Heres another spoiler. The goblin metalsmiths, they are wearing masks not to spoil their ugly faces. As you can see though, I have reused previous assets, but im pondering if its not better to give them more unique equipment later on...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 01:16:16 am »

Nope, you have all those tags for the dwarven nobles:

Code: [Select]
Line 1153: [POSITION:MONARCH]
Line 1200: [POSITION:GENERAL]
Line 1237: [POSITION:LIEUTENANT]
Line 1269: [POSITION:CAPTAIN]
Line 1294: [POSITION:MILITIA_COMMANDER]
Line 1310: [POSITION:MILITIA_CAPTAIN]
Line 1324: [POSITION:SHERIFF]
Line 1353: [POSITION:CAPTAIN_OF_THE_GUARD]
Line 1384: [POSITION:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
Line 1401: [POSITION:MAYOR]
Line 1439: [POSITION:MANAGER]
Line 1457: [POSITION:CHIEF_MEDICAL_DWARF]
Line 1473: [POSITION:BROKER]
Line 1489: [POSITION:BOOKKEEPER]
Line 1507: [POSITION:OUTPOST_LIAISON]
Line 1536: [POSITION:DIPLOMAT]
Line 1567: [POSITION:DUKE]
Line 1613: [POSITION:COUNT]
Line 1660: [POSITION:BARON]
Line 1707: [POSITION:CHAMPION]
Line 1725: [POSITION:HAMMERER]
Line 1740: [POSITION:FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR]

You have to look at all the entity files for fitting nobles.

You can also add new ones, for fancy sprites. I once made the 4 Riders of the Apocalypse for a Warlock mod, they were the 4 militia leaders you can pick, each one with a unique sprite. All you have to do is mod in a new POSITION to the entity file and add the fitting GRAPHICS definition in raw/graphics. If you wanted to add a useless, but pretty-looking philosopher dwarf noble, you can do that. Or Jarls. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 07:29:36 pm »

These do seriously look pretty neat though. Dunno why but I'm getting some Darkest Dungeons vibes from them.

Darkest dungeon eh? Not a bad idea at all!

Im actually seriously pondering making an adventuremode tileset for 32x32.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:32:17 pm by vettlingr »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 07:34:23 pm »

I gotta admit, that looks pretty slick.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 01:55:59 pm »

I second Splint's expression.
DF Combat Reworked

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 02:56:03 pm »

Been trying out a few adventurer games and capture some environments. Keep in mind that this is very early and things are subject to change.
Scaled up Phoebus and removed the overrides in a clean Meph tileset install to achieve this, then replaced the walls and made some own assets.

Spoiler: Dwarven Room (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarven Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caverns (click to show/hide)

Progress on the elves is done. The goblins are coming along nicely as well.

@Meph: Tested some sprites. Cant make the tags QUEEN, DUCHESS, COUNTESS or BARONESS work in graphics, they always come out looking like their male counterparts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 04:11:27 pm »

That's too bad.  :-[

In theory you can force it upon the game by modding the position tokens (creating MONARCH_KING, male and MONARCH_QUEEN, female), but sadly DF has a silly quirk: If there is no fitting gendered person to fulfill the position, it allows the wrong gender. You might end up with a female-looking king or a male-looking queen. And of course you'd mod the entity file.

I really like your walls. :)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 04:40:20 pm »

That's too bad.  :-[

In theory you can force it upon the game by modding the position tokens (creating MONARCH_KING, male and MONARCH_QUEEN, female), but sadly DF has a silly quirk: If there is no fitting gendered person to fulfill the position, it allows the wrong gender. You might end up with a female-looking king or a male-looking queen. And of course you'd mod the entity file.

I really like your walls. :)
Silly quirk or a feature? I mean, there are lots of instances in history and mythology where a female ruler has taken on masculine traits to fit in the role as a king or Pharaoh. King Þorberg/Þornbjörg in Gautreks saga (or was it Hervarar saga ok Heiðreks?) is one such character.

I guess you dont mind if I do a Light version tileset for 32x32. Though, 32x32 does always require df-hack right? I wanted to start off simple with no overrides, since I want a tileset that mimics (partially) darkest dungeon.

And I'm stalling on the elf release. I just remembered that I was going to give them swanfeather clothing in the sprites, so ill have to get to that before releasing.

I should probably mock up some elf adventurers as well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »

Only needs DFHack for overrides specifically, far as I know. Runs off Text Will Be Text I think.

I gotta be honest, I'm seriously liking the looks for the darker stone and stuff in general. Gives a nice weathered and used look, if that makes sense.

I wish I didn't need to use a 64x64 set up to get the level of detail I wanted for what I'm working on.  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27