Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Regarding Dwarves, Which grouping fits you the best?

Small Nose Fan
Big Nose Enjoyer

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: ☼«☼Vettlingr's Tileset☼»☼ 32x 1.6-1 - OUTLINED Edition. Updated 3/7-22  (Read 264301 times)

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vettlingr's Tileset and Graphics Pack 32x v1.5. Kobolds!
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 01:09:35 pm »

Keep in mind that future releases offer complete control over each individual workshop tile/Sprite.

Erm... with "complete control" you mean what exactly?
I could design a carpenter workshop with "not-passable" tiles in a way that I want to? Do it with more then 9 tiles and such?
It is estrictly for tilesets and "visual form"?
Or just all the above and beyond?   ???

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 01:30:58 pm »

Damn it, now I want to kick that friendly and clean design we have out of a window, and do grimdark gothic DF instead.

The sprites look awesome! Keep in mind that future releases offer complete control over each individual workshop tile/Sprite.

I've always thought dwarf fortress being grimdark meets the labyrinth with david bowie. Just a lot more blood and severed limbs.

Seems like I have to read up on the possibilities for graphics in future builds, right now im focusing on finishing a baseline for the tileset, but if the ordeal of assigning tiles and the bugs relating to overrides becomes more lenient, I guess it would be worth making a few asset sheets for planned future content. :D

Also, how much of the graphics will i be able to port to the steam version?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 03:23:08 am by vettlingr »

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2019, 04:36:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have updated the file to include a preview version of the tileset, pre-release. It also includes new sprites for trees.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 10:33:00 pm by vettlingr »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2019, 01:54:49 pm »

I hope for the regular raw support for all workshops, just like the soap maker atm.

You should be able to port all graphics you made. I'm not aware of any sprites that we have taken away... We just added a lot of things. Even with the fancy directional ramps, you should still be able to use a single arrow Sprite instead.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2019, 04:07:18 am »

I hope for the regular raw support for all workshops, just like the soap maker atm.

You should be able to port all graphics you made. I'm not aware of any sprites that we have taken away... We just added a lot of things. Even with the fancy directional ramps, you should still be able to use a single arrow Sprite instead.
certainly interesting, though I would be a fool if I didn't implement the new ramps somehow.  :). Is the steam release in anyway based on the overrides/twbt system or is it more standalone?

Speaking of overrides, I've gotten to the point where the base tileset is done and im looking more and more into different overrides. I have been using the phoebus tileset overrides from the LNP as a baseline, but noticed that the ovverides for the Meph tileset is more specific. I feel way in over my head trying to make sense of how it works just by reading through the overrides.txt file, but im making slow but steady progress.

last but not least, can I use your catapult/ballista sprites as a place holder for next release?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2019, 04:49:22 am »

Is the steam release in anyway based on the overrides/twbt system or is it more standalone?
Its not based on overrides at all, that was mifki hacking :D Toady doesn't need to do that. It shouldn't look much different from the raw/graphics approach that exists right now for creatures.

You can use any of my sprites as far as I'm concerned. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dfman3390

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2019, 01:41:16 am »

I've tried to install this manually and using the starter pack several times.

It's working ok, but when I move left or right black squares show up behind everything.

Anyone else experience this?

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2019, 12:30:44 pm »

Been working a little bit further on this, Here is a sneak peek for what is to come. I've been tempted to follow mephs example of different sprites for different material walls, while trying to preserve the cohesion of the set.

So far I've made walls for
Metal
Wood
Glass

I may continue with other materials, such as walls for gold, platinum AND silver, while keeping the darker metal walls for Iron, Copper and bronze. But thus far I see no real need to add further material walls, apart from this basic set.
Though I might do cloth walls, since they appear in adventure mode or if you embark on a tile with a tent/camp.
If you would like to see a certain material, please state so in this thread.

I've heard from a few people that were having trouble installing this graphics pack. So know this, I'm looking in to it and will probably do a LNP friendly pack for next release, as well as maybe get this graphics pack included in LNP.

I've done  little work on common domestic, though it will be a little further until I get around to finishing it.

More updates will come soon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2019, 01:45:16 pm »

I think you are missing fortifications(?).

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2019, 03:15:33 pm »

I think you are missing fortifications(?).

I've done a few fortification designs, but I cant decide which one to use.

I'll try to copy some of your overrides trying to implement this. Is there an easy way to assign overrides to inorganic metal apart from a specific type and also do the same for glass and wood?

EDIT, whats the difference between ConstructedWallRD, ConstructedWallRD2 and ConstructedWallR2D?

Fortifications
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 03:30:19 pm by vettlingr »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2019, 04:26:31 pm »

Is there an easy way to assign overrides to inorganic metal apart from a specific type and also do the same for glass and wood?
There are two ways. Either by specifically calling the material (CREATURE_MAT:DOG:BONE or INORGANIC:GRANITE), or by material flag: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.msg7751433#msg7751433

EDIT, whats the difference between ConstructedWallRD, ConstructedWallRD2 and ConstructedWallR2D?
I didn't bother with them for all the different materials, but it's RD (right-down, a corner) that is completely smoothed, RD2, a corner with the right-part smoothed and the down-part rough, and R2D, the corner with the down-part smoothed and the right-part rough.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can see it here at the bottom, when the rough granite goes into the smoothed microcline wall.

Best example I know of is the Ironhand tileset. You can very clearly see the half-rough, half-smooth walls:

I personally decided it's too much extra work, 8 tiles for each wall material, so that I didn't bother; mostly because mine is all about constructed walls, while this is only useful to merge smoothed with rough walls.

PS: Fortifications should get more sprites in the Steam update, being aware of their direction. At least I very much hope so.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
Re: Vettlingr's Tileset and Graphics TILESET IS OUT NOW!
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2019, 07:37:54 pm »

Thank you, this is very helpful! I'm starting to get a hang of this override thing now. Still unsure about some things, such as what the I, B and T stands for and why horizontal and verticle axles doesnt use dwarf fortress colors.

Also, are IS_GEM walls those constructed from gems or smoothed gem walls, and how about Smoothed rock Fortifications, are they under IS_STONE?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2019, 07:46:35 pm »

Item, building and terrain.

For example a table in a stockpile is I, but a building table is B. In theory they could look different.

Have you ever seen my banquet table or bench?

What do you mean about the machinery color?

Is_gem is both natural and constructed. I mean, you can't construct those in vanilla, but I missed them into my tileset. Just like the bone or plant walls (hedge maze, yeah)

Smoothed rock fortifications you should be able to get with is_stone, yes.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2019, 08:16:51 pm »

Item, building and terrain.

For example a table in a stockpile is I, but a building table is B. In theory they could look different.

Have you ever seen my banquet table or bench?

What do you mean about the machinery color?

Is_gem is both natural and constructed. I mean, you can't construct those in vanilla, but I missed them into my tileset. Just like the bone or plant walls (hedge maze, yeah)

Smoothed rock fortifications you should be able to get with is_stone, yes.

When I load the sprites into df, horizontal and vertical axles are always white, regardless of the materials used to build them. and I cant figure out why they don't use the color of their material. could it be that they use background colors? Its not really important since I like them being white.

Also, do you think its possible to make overrides for just engraved walls? so I can add carved faces.
Also, would it then be possible to make alternative tiles for each engraved wall tile like you did the statues (an example I intend to follow btw)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2019, 08:37:57 pm »

I'll check your files and get back to you about the color.

Walls: yes and no. There is no tiletype for engraved, so they would use the same sprite as a regular wall, but with the correct transparency you can hide the engravings in a smoothed wall. Its... Let's say, tricky to do. People haven't really been using this trick since twbt came out. Only works if you make all inorganic background colors the same, btw.

Another option would be to make a "engraved block" (modded) and construct the walls with that. Downside is that you only get the graphics, not actual engravings.

Last option, and I can't believe I never thought of that, is in the init.

You devil.

I think I know a way. Give me some time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27