Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Regarding Dwarves, Which grouping fits you the best?

Small Nose Fan
Big Nose Enjoyer

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: ☼«☼Vettlingr's Tileset☼»☼ 32x 1.6-1 - OUTLINED Edition. Updated 3/7-22  (Read 264342 times)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
Re: ≡Vettlingr's Tileset≡ 1.3.1 - Volcanic Edition. Updated 6/11
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2020, 05:06:50 am »

I dont really know why this happens. It probably has to do with what tile takes priority for the override. Meph and Fleeting Frames are way better at explaining why this happens than me though. I'm guessing those are workshop tiles built on top of regular plants?
That isn't it, but it helped me figure it out!

The correct tile appearance (large flowers) only appears when that tile is built over bare stone. The incorrect (small flowers) tiles appear when built over grass.

I guess you could fix it by adjusting override order, I.e. putting the building overrides before the grass/flowers, as well as making a null override, assigning the large flower tiles with the large flowers manually.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2020, 08:26:38 am »

Hey quick question. If I use mods with this tileset will it break anything? This tileset looks amazing and I want to try it out!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2020, 09:04:20 am »

It depends on the mods. If they only add new files, it's fine. If they alter existing vanilla df files, you might break some of the graphics due to wrong tile numbers. You can manually compare and merge the files though.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2020, 04:44:06 am »

Vettlingr, are you okay with your Vettlingr's Tileset being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2020, 06:29:06 am »

I think it was in the newest PE Starter Pack (and Vettlingr is so good!)
Team Bug Fix!

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2020, 03:11:37 pm »

Vettlingr, are you okay with your Vettlingr's Tileset being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs?
Sure! Is it the Mac one you are thinking of including it in? In that case it should run natively

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2020, 03:33:42 pm »

Yes, it is. Thank you!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2020, 06:33:45 pm »

Btw, what are your plans at the moment?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2020, 03:51:42 am »

Btw, what are your plans at the moment?
My Plan is to wait for TWBT to update and once more be compatible to the next version of DF-hack. Other than that, I want to know whether someone is actively working on keeping everything up to date?

Any progress on this tileset can wait for now, as I'm taking my masters in geology. I will continue working when all utilities are up to date.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2020, 10:51:48 am »

0.47.x changed these files from Vettlingr's Tileset:
  • /data/init/init.txt
  • /data/init/d_init.txt
  • /raw/objects/creature_next_underground.txt
  • /raw/objects/creature_standard.txt
  • /raw/objects/item_tool.txt
  • /raw/objects/language_DWARF.txt
  • /raw/objects/language_ELF.txt
  • /raw/objects/language_GOBLIN.txt
  • /raw/objects/language_HUMAN.txt
  • /raw/objects/plant_new_trees.txt
Since it uses vanilla language files, you can just delete the 4 language files from the pack instead of updating them.

You can apply this patch to your Vettlingr graphics pack to update it for Dwarf Fortress 0.47.x - https://www.mediafire.com/file/u2h3xpccol24ib1/Vettlingr_0.47.x_upgrade_pack.zip/file

I also noticed some mods in the graphics pack.

In /raw/objects/inorganic_stone_gem.txt, [CRYSTAL_GLASSABLE] was added to these:
  • SMOKY QUARTZ
  • MILK QUARTZ
  • AVENTURINE
  • QUARTZ_ROSE
In /raw/objects/inorganic_stone_gem.txt, DIAMOND_FY was changed to KIMBERLITE for these:
  • DIAMOND_CLEAR
  • DIAMOND_RED
  • DIAMOND_GREEN
  • DIAMOND_BLUE
  • DIAMOND_YELLOW
  • DIAMOND_BLACK
In /raw/objects/inorganic_stone_mineral, these three lines were removed from ANHYDRITE:
  • [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SATINSPAR:CLUSTER_ONE:100]
  • [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:ALABASTER:CLUSTER_ONE:100]
  • [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SELENITE:CLUSTER_ONE:100]
In /raw/objects/plant_standard.txt, [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEAF:LEAF_TEMPLATE] and GROWTH:LEAVES were added to these:
  • FUNGIWOOD
  • SPORE_TREE
  • BLOOD_THORN
If you want a vanilla version, you can apply this addon to your graphics pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0x61p520meru3rr/Vettlingr_vanilla_addon_pack.zip/file

FreaQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2020, 11:11:28 pm »

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but for some reason dfhack + twbt crashes on startup.
I'm on linux. I've installed the main tileset and the jecowa's patches.
There's no error, just a typical core dumped message.
I'm not well versed with C++ or debugging it, but I tried to run it with strace and the last few lines of the log contain "Cannot allocate memory" message.
Here the last part of the strace log: https://pastebin.com/raw/zMixNPQ3
I'm not sure if this is more of an dfhack problem or tileset problem since this is the only tileset that produces that error.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2020, 11:34:04 pm »

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but for some reason dfhack + twbt crashes on startup.
I'm on linux. I've installed the main tileset and the jecowa's patches.
There's no error, just a typical core dumped message.
I'm not well versed with C++ or debugging it, but I tried to run it with strace and the last few lines of the log contain "Cannot allocate memory" message.
Here the last part of the strace log: https://pastebin.com/raw/zMixNPQ3
I'm not sure if this is more of an dfhack problem or tileset problem since this is the only tileset that produces that error.

There's a longtime issue with twbt crashing on embark (is that what you mean by startup?) if the resolution is too large.  Workarounds are keep the size small (like standard 80x24) or turn off twbt until after embark and then you shouldn't have an issue.

If it's not at embark but just at startup then it's maybe something else.  What versions of df, dfhack, twbt are you using?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2020, 06:22:38 am »

I heard about this a lot too. It's when the game initializes and merges the textures (all sprites) to one texture with max 4096x4096 res. At least that's my technical understanding.

My laptop never crashed at the point though, the game only freezes (application unresponsive) for a second. Maybe two. And then it continues.

FreaQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2020, 06:48:24 pm »

If it's not at embark but just at startup then it's maybe something else.  What versions of df, dfhack, twbt are you using?
It's not on embark. It is right when the game starts, before it reaches the main menu it crashes.
I've tried this on both of your latest twbt releases
https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/releases/tag/0.47.04-alpha0-200303002 https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/releases/tag/0.47.04-alpha0-200301002
with the dfhack builds you linked in the description.
The game starts without the twbt plugin, but freezes on save load because of a missing object definition which I assume is what is expected to happen.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2020, 07:46:54 pm »

It's not on embark. It is right when the game starts, before it reaches the main menu it crashes.
I've tried this on both of your latest twbt releases
https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/releases/tag/0.47.04-alpha0-200303002 https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/releases/tag/0.47.04-alpha0-200301002
with the dfhack builds you linked in the description.
The game starts without the twbt plugin, but freezes on save load because of a missing object definition which I assume is what is expected to happen.

Just confirming are we talking Windows?

Is the object def complaint about Altar?  if so you probably need to grab the patch jecowa posted and apply the raws to your save.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27