Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Regarding Dwarves, Which grouping fits you the best?

Small Nose Fan
Big Nose Enjoyer

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: ☼«☼Vettlingr's Tileset☼»☼ 32x 1.6-1 - OUTLINED Edition. Updated 3/7-22  (Read 268010 times)

FreaQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≡Vettlingr's Tileset≡ 1.3.1 - Volcanic Edition. Updated 6/11
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2020, 03:23:29 pm »

Just confirming are we talking Windows?
I am on arch linux.
Is the object def complaint about Altar?  if so you probably need to grab the patch jecowa posted and apply the raws to your save.
Yeah, the error was the altar, forgot to apply the patch before. Now it works with twbt disabled. Checked again with twbt enabled after applying the patch just in case, still crashes before main menu.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2020, 03:55:15 pm »

Was your world created in 0.44 or 0.47? If it was created in 0.44, revert your save folder's /raw/objects/item_tool.txt back to the 0.44 version of Vettlingr.

FreaQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2020, 04:03:08 pm »

Was your world created in 0.44 or 0.47? If it was created in 0.44, revert your save folder's /raw/objects/item_tool.txt back to the 0.44 version of Vettlingr.
I was created on 47.04

musikermomo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2020, 10:14:27 pm »

I get the same errors on df 0.44 and 0.47.xx and I'm on arch linux, too, although I applied all the patches mentioned. Everything works as expected when I use the windows version + dfhack + twbt on wine. So it's a linux issue I suppose.
On df 0.44 the native linux version Vettlingr 1.3.0 worked for me and 1.3.1 crashed.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:21:50 pm by musikermomo »

musikermomo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2020, 10:19:41 pm »

Game crashes at start, regardless of having a world created or not.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2020, 10:38:56 pm »

Guess I'll need to spin up an arch vm and see what's going on.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2020, 02:09:09 am »

I've tracked it down to something in [TILESET:_Environment.png:_Environment.png:18] in overrides.  taking out the overrides that use the file and the startup crash goes away.  However I can't get passed a "GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog" error when actually loading a game so not sure if that's the only issue, or if this is just something with my VM.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2020, 06:53:56 am »

I've tracked it down to something in [TILESET:_Environment.png:_Environment.png:18] in overrides.  taking out the overrides that use the file and the startup crash goes away.  However I can't get passed a "GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog" error when actually loading a game so not sure if that's the only issue, or if this is just something with my VM.

Try just removing these lines next.
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_TAN]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_YELLOW]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_WHITE]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_BLACK]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_RED]

It may or may not solve the problem, in my experience TWBT does not like loading strings with materialtokens that does not include material flags. Since sand does not have material flags (Asfaik) these should be the only lines that do not.

EDIT: Notice that the crash report reads up until the above strings.

Case 1.
I used a lot of strings with materialtokens but not material flags. Back then I got the crash on startup about 50% of the time on my Mac. After adding material flags, the problem fixed itself. The client should be able to handle a few overrides of the formentioned types, but sometimes they fail to load at all and sometimes they cause crash on startup.

Case 2.
Linux has some case sensitive issues when finding the right file/directory. I think all of them should be fine, but you can always double check.

Case 3.
Animations used to cause crash on startup across the board and cause the game to be highly unstable. Vettlingr 1.3.1 does no longer include any animating sprites

Case 4.
some "/r/n" or "enter" in the overrides file may be of the "wrong type" not sure whether its true as I cant test it, but its a hunch I have... If that doesnt make sense, just disregard case 4 for now.

New features in 1.3.1 from 1.3.0 include:
- Overrides for Ramps
- Overrides for Grass
- Overrides for Liquids
- Overrides for Soil floor
- Overrides for Pebbles
- New domestic Animal Graphics

Hope this narrows it down. I'm also looking everything over for a fix, but I would appreciate if someone could test on a linux VM.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:56:50 am by vettlingr »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2020, 07:32:12 am »

Did you check all the names for case-sensitivity? If you refer to Creature_domestic.txt and the file is creature_domestic.txt (upper/lower C at front), it will work on Win, but not on Linux. Maybe some tileset files or overrides have that issues, leading to a crash on Linux, but run fine on Windows.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2020, 08:30:35 am »

Did you check all the names for case-sensitivity? If you refer to Creature_domestic.txt and the file is creature_domestic.txt (upper/lower C at front), it will work on Win, but not on Linux. Maybe some tileset files or overrides have that issues, leading to a crash on Linux, but run fine on Windows.
I think I've looked over this at least a few times by now. Only my own graphics files though, not the graphics burrowed from other packs though, but they have not been an issue before. Linux users have also been able to report to me these issues when they happen.
The Case sensitivity also applies when finding the correct file in overrides, i've also looked this over several times and it seems to be in order.

My bet is on that Terrain overrides require material flags if material tokens are present in the overrides. They work without them, but the game often fails to load them - around 25% of the time, more so if processes are running in the background.

FreaQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2020, 07:06:14 am »

Try just removing these lines next.
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_TAN]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_YELLOW]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_WHITE]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_BLACK]
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17::::INORGANIC:SAND_RED]

It may or may not solve the problem, in my experience TWBT does not like loading strings with materialtokens that does not include material flags. Since sand does not have material flags (Asfaik) these should be the only lines that do not.

This actually fixed it for me. The game works, I got the save loaded and I'm able to play. I wonder why this would be the issue only on linux. I have also checked the invisible characters in overrides.txt. It has nothing unusual, I converted the line endings from windows to unix, but it didn't change anything.

musikermomo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2020, 07:32:34 am »

I absolutely don't know what kind of magic you applied there, but that fixed it for me, too. Thanks a lot :)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
Re: ≡Vettlingr's Tileset≡ 1.3.1b - Volcanic Edition. Updated 20/3
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2020, 05:37:49 pm »

I've officially updated this pack to support 47.04!

New features:
Altar sprite
Soil ramp overrides should not cause crash on linux, heavy load order.
I.e. Added Material flags to sand ramps.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2020, 06:01:30 pm »

Did you make dice too? And the new profession sprite for the nobles?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2020, 06:52:34 pm »

Did you make dice too? And the new profession sprite for the nobles?
No.

I don't know how to add any of the new positions or even what they are called. :/
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27