Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Regarding Dwarves, Which grouping fits you the best?

Small Nose Fan
Big Nose Enjoyer

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: ☼«☼Vettlingr's Tileset☼»☼ 32x 1.6-1 - OUTLINED Edition. Updated 3/7-22  (Read 268365 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≡Vettlingr's Tileset≡ 1.3.1b - Volcanic Edition. Updated 20/3
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2020, 06:57:20 pm »

DUNGEON_MASTER

Dungeon Master is in charge of espionage and managing animals.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:00:20 pm by jecowa »

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 22, 2020, 07:52:32 am »

DUNGEON_MASTER

Is there any  way to assign graphics to the generated human (plains) position?

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2020, 08:41:27 am »

I've been waiting to play 47.xx till 3rd-party programs, mods an stuff catch up-to-date and the game release seems to be relatively major-bug-free/stable.
I've always played with Ironhand tile-set/graphics... i guess mainly b/c I value realism, efficiency, immersion and, in a tile-set, consistency.
With all that in mind, i'm seriously considering using your creation as my first experience in 47.xx,
since I saw clinodev posted a nice-looking-package at DFFD http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14952  :)

My question is related to:
Did you make dice too? And the new profession sprite for the nobles?

basically: is the package clinodev posted going to be easy for someone used to Ironhand, like myself, to adjust to, you think?
And, of course, most importantly, are all the technical issues worked out already (like is everything either up-to-date in your mod, or has that package added/updated from other sources to make everything "finished"?
I have a limited bandwidth per month, not to mention time in general, so that's why I even bother to ask rather than just trying it out.

Thanks for all your hard work, and especially thanks for sharing your most-excellent, artistic, creative talents with us all!
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2020, 01:47:12 pm »

DUNGEON_MASTER

Only Dwarves have a Dungeon Master. Elvish Generals are similar in that they also get the new espionage role. Humans and Goblins don't have espionage for whatever reason.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2020, 01:51:02 pm »

DUNGEON_MASTER

Only Dwarves have a Dungeon Master. Elvish Generals are similar in that they also get the new espionage role. Humans and Goblins don't have espionage for whatever reason.
Do the generated Human positions have tags that can be assigned graphics?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2020, 02:23:29 pm »

I can't tell that humans have any positions other than the weapon users (including the miner).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2020, 03:38:46 pm »

DUNGEON_MASTER

Should be. You just need to extract a world.dat from a save and check the IDs on the generated positions. Same idea as for FBs or demons.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2020, 05:01:42 pm »

I've been waiting to play 47.xx till 3rd-party programs, mods an stuff catch up-to-date and the game release seems to be relatively major-bug-free/stable.
I've always played with Ironhand tile-set/graphics... i guess mainly b/c I value realism, efficiency, immersion and, in a tile-set, consistency.
With all that in mind, i'm seriously considering using your creation as my first experience in 47.xx,
since I saw clinodev posted a nice-looking-package at DFFD http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14952  :)

My question is related to:
Did you make dice too? And the new profession sprite for the nobles?

basically: is the package clinodev posted going to be easy for someone used to Ironhand, like myself, to adjust to, you think?
And, of course, most importantly, are all the technical issues worked out already (like is everything either up-to-date in your mod, or has that package added/updated from other sources to make everything "finished"?
I have a limited bandwidth per month, not to mention time in general, so that's why I even bother to ask rather than just trying it out.

Thanks for all your hard work, and especially thanks for sharing your most-excellent, artistic, creative talents with us all!

The tileset is complete enough to be played and enjoyed without new updates to it being too significant for any gaming experience. Since Toady has been working with the art team, I take that as a sign that 47.04 is here to stay, at least for now.

I cannot test the windows release compiled by Clinodev, since I do not own a PC, but the mac and linux versions are working very well, and I have yet to have a crash due to DFhack or TWBT, though I have not played more than 10 hours of 47.04 so far, mostly due to some very serious issues I've had lately, not at all related to DF of course.

Vettlingr tileset initially took inspiration from ironhand and darkest dungeon, but now has taken on a life and feel of it's own. It was intended to bring darker tilesets into the Marvels and complexity possible with TWBT and to give Meph some good well-needed competition. Though Meph himself and Mayday are already creating the next big tileset revolution with the steam release.

Still a little envious of that really, but I wouldn't have the time as I'm doing my masters in geology.

As with most 32x32 tilesets, they are best used with a high resolution monitor or retina display (or whatever pretentious hardware companies call them). you are sometimes almost better off using a 16x16 if you are going to play zoomed out anyway. I can recommend zooming out vettlingr to 24x24, but further is not recommended.

I hope this answers most of your questions and I'm always happy to help!
Hit me up at discord or here if you need help installing or any other issue like that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2020, 05:24:27 pm »

Hey, I wish I could invite more tileset authors into out internal discussions. I try to post as much as I can get away with here.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2020, 07:41:24 am »

Hey, I wish I could invite more tileset authors into out internal discussions. I try to post as much as I can get away with here.
I could always provide an expert opinion or consulting, otherwise it would be cool to make a few contributions, so that when the steam release comes around, I could point at a sprite and say "I made that", though I'm probably being greedy for fame haha

Anyway, I found this mention from vordak in the Modding Help thread:
Not registered in raws (entity_default.txt) position tokens:
Hmm, looks like you'd need to use the tokens CUSTOM_OFFICIAL_# currently.  I did not give them good-sounding names.
# 0 = chancellor, 1 = justiciar, 2 = treasurer, 3 = counselor, 4 = chamberlain
5 = master of beasts, 6 = butler, 7 = doctor, 8 = executioner, 9 = chef, 10 = housekeeper

CUSTOM_MARKET_OFFICIAL_#
# 0 = sewer official, 1 = grain official, 2 = fire official, 3 = judge, 4 = building official, 5 = road official

CUSTOM_LAW_MAKER -- this one is ambiguous currently - law-giver, lord/lady, abbot in monastery, castle baron, master (demon)
CUSTOM_OUTCAST_LT -- lieutenant (bandit/villain)
CUSTOM_OUTCAST_FACTOR -- representative (larger criminal gang)
CUSTOM_COMPANY_FACTOR -- factor/agent/governor/administrator (all the same thing, merchant company)
CUSTOM_COMPANY_LEADER -- master/head (merchant company)
CUSTOM_MERCENARY_LEADER -- has a ton of names and is the head of a mercenary/military order
CUSTOM_BANDIT_LEADER -- master/ringleader etc. of bandits
CUSTOM_MILITARY_GOALS -- war leader
CUSTOM_MILITARY_STRATEGY -- general/marshal/constable
CUSTOM_MERCENARY_TREASURER -- treasurer (of military order)
HIGHEST_PRIEST -- holy city priest for any religion, has random name
CUSTOM_LAW_MAKER_2 -- baron for market castles

CUSTOM_GUILD_LEADER -- these four are as they say, the positions in the new crafts guilds
CUSTOM_GUILD_CLERK
CUSTOM_GUILD_STEWARD
CUSTOM_GUILD_ALDERPERSON
Not sure what the best way to test this is or even if all of them have set graphics, but this is a good start anyway. I thought about using the clothing and beard/face and equipment assets I have and make a huge sprite sheet similarly to mephs forgotten beasts/titans/Werebeasts/Night trolls

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2020, 10:22:03 am »

I've officially updated this pack to support 47.04!

New features:
Altar sprite
Soil ramp overrides should not cause crash on linux, heavy load order.
I.e. Added Material flags to sand ramps.

The SoilRamp overrides are still causing crashes on my end. I need to remove them to get the game to start.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2020, 10:51:09 am »

I've officially updated this pack to support 47.04!

New features:
Altar sprite
Soil ramp overrides should not cause crash on linux, heavy load order.
I.e. Added Material flags to sand ramps.

The SoilRamp overrides are still causing crashes on my end. I need to remove them to get the game to start.

You could try adding the following line for me and see if that still crashes?
[OVERRIDE:30:T:SoilRamp:18:R:2:16:17:::NO_STONE_STOCKPILE]

Just replace all the soil-sand-ramp lines with a single instance of the above line.
Also, make sure that your save uses the most recent inorganic_soil file where sand has the [NO_STONE_STOCKPILE] tag added

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2020, 11:02:54 am »

Yep, that seems to work. No more crashes.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:52 am »

Yep, that seems to work. No more crashes.
Cool! Finally!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2020, 04:02:08 am »

What's the [NO_STONE_STOCKPILE] do? The wiki page says, "Prevents the material from showing up in Stone stockpile settings.", but I'm not sure what effect this actually has.

Also, some of the PNG files look like they were compressed in the 1.3.1b update (e.g. domestic.png, goblins.png, mountain.png, next_underground.png, _items.png). I'm not sure if this is intentional.

What are the new "ROTS" and "STRUCTURAL_PLANT_MAT" parts for in the overrides.txt?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27