Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Regarding Dwarves, Which grouping fits you the best?

Small Nose Fan
Big Nose Enjoyer

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: ☼«☼Vettlingr's Tileset☼»☼ 32x 1.6-1 - OUTLINED Edition. Updated 3/7-22  (Read 264288 times)

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≡Vettlingr's Tileset≡ 32x 1.4a - Floored Edition. Updated 9/4
« Reply #315 on: April 18, 2021, 07:08:46 pm »

Just reading some of the previous pages, someone mentioned the LNP does NOT copy Vettlingr's textures into the twbt folders?
Is this needed or not? Because i havent noticed anything looking weird ingame.

Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\data\art is filled with the proper Vettlingr files.
Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\data\twbt_art and twbt_init only has a bunch of Phoebus and Vanilla files, 15 in total.

I tried downloading your pack seperately, but didnt find any twbt folders in there either.
Am i missing something? What files should i copy over if so, thanks.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 19, 2021, 01:09:20 am »

Just reading some of the previous pages, someone mentioned the LNP does NOT copy Vettlingr's textures into the twbt folders?
Is this needed or not? Because i havent noticed anything looking weird ingame.

Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\data\art is filled with the proper Vettlingr files.
Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\data\twbt_art and twbt_init only has a bunch of Phoebus and Vanilla files, 15 in total.

I tried downloading your pack seperately, but didnt find any twbt folders in there either.
Am i missing something? What files should i copy over if so, thanks.

The majority of the tilesets included with the Packs pre-date TWBT, and jecowa has gone through and updated them with TWBT versions. Some people want the TWBT version, some want the "classic but updated for 47.05" version so there need to be different folders.

Vettlingr's (and Meph's) tilesets require TWBT and have no "classic" versions. If nothing looks weird when you run them with TWBT, it's installed correctly.
Team Bug Fix!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2021, 08:38:59 am »

Yeah, don't mess with twbt_* folders if your graphics pack requires TWBT. That's just something I use to keep the TWBT and non-TWBT versions of some really old graphics packs separate from each other.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 20, 2021, 07:15:11 am »

I've been working on a version where the natural wall borders are not as pronounced. Pictures featured uses my now almost finished geology mod, but features will be optional to apply to the vanilla version, changing nothing but the graphics.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MoltenIdol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2021, 06:55:06 am »

Hey, that looks really good :)!

Ive been thinking about that, but havent gotten around to commenting on it.

PS: Even when taken completely out of context, escpecially the last picture, looks phenomenal, which is not a thing you can say often about DF in general.

Your texture work is very nice to look at, as always.

Even though we, and maybe escpecially tileset artists like yourself are waiting for the stream release, i really appreciate that you are still experimenting and updating, and still get inspired to create.

Good winds

TheElfKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »

Will there be a version that is more consistent? I love the set, but memes like narwhals being all derpy and sponge men having spongebob as their tile ruins immersion for me.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2021, 03:54:16 pm »

Will there be a version that is more consistent? I love the set, but memes like narwhals being all derpy and sponge men having spongebob as their tile ruins immersion for me.
Yes, those are burrowed from mephs tileset. I have been thinking about reverting to the 16x phoebus because I dislike it as much as you for the very same reasons.

It is also annoying when I get credit (or bad credit in this case) for things I have not drawn myself. I hope that everyone is aware that I did not draw those sprites.

TheElfKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2021, 08:30:37 am »

Thanks. Also, is there a way to make corpses keep their graphics, or is that not possible with the code?

TheElfKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2021, 08:38:05 am »

Im doing a succession game with my twin brother, and he’s really new, so I’m trying to set up a good tile/graphic set.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2021, 02:43:01 pm »

Thanks. Also, is there a way to make corpses keep their graphics, or is that not possible with the code?
The corpses are items and thence use a separate graphics system than creatures. Meaning items does not use graphic data from the same directory as creatures.

TheElfKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2021, 04:02:39 pm »

Got it. Is it possible to at least give the corpses graphics instead of just a letter?

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2021, 04:11:00 pm »

Got it. Is it possible to at least give the corpses graphics instead of just a letter?
It is possible. I just haven't decided how to go about it yet, since I haven't drawn up all the creatures yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2021, 01:43:15 pm »

It's fairly tricky to do corpses with TWBT, since it defaults to the creature tile instead of using the raw/graphics creature sprites. You can't do unique corpses for each creature with TWBT atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2021, 04:20:56 pm »

It's fairly tricky to do corpses with TWBT, since it defaults to the creature tile instead of using the raw/graphics creature sprites. You can't do unique corpses for each creature with TWBT atm.

I was guessing I could do something similar to how you designated brains, lungs, etc. but I think it is a better solution to make creatures share one of maybe 20 corpse sprites instead.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #329 on: May 22, 2021, 10:56:05 am »

Only if you have 20 tiles available on the non-twbt tileset. Those are used for the caged creatures.

A dog uses a sprite from raw/graphics, but a caged dog and a dead dog use it's tile number. While the corpses can be overriden, the caged creatures can't.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27