Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Regarding Dwarves, Which grouping fits you the best?

Small Nose Fan
Big Nose Enjoyer

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: ☼«☼Vettlingr's Tileset☼»☼ 32x 1.6-1 - OUTLINED Edition. Updated 3/7-22  (Read 264311 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: ≡Vettlingr's Tileset≡ 32x 1.4a - Floored Edition. Updated 9/4
« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2021, 02:29:37 am »

eurydike's symbolic reassignments of tiles might be useful work already done for this.

Granted they used truetype mode instead of text will be text, but for same intent. Mephs list of hardcoded tiles could also be useful for this.

Also, stock TWBT doesn't permitting overriding items with dead_dwarf, to avoid messing with creature graphics whenever someone walks over them. Nor does it detect any materials for corpses at present (using mat_info and type. If it used the corpse item instead, it'd find muscle or bone, looking at few corpses I have lying around).

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 25, 2021, 12:15:49 pm »

eurydike's symbolic reassignments of tiles might be useful work already done for this.

Granted they used truetype mode instead of text will be text, but for same intent. Mephs list of hardcoded tiles could also be useful for this.

Also, stock TWBT doesn't permitting overriding items with dead_dwarf, to avoid messing with creature graphics whenever someone walks over them. Nor does it detect any materials for corpses at present (using mat_info and type. If it used the corpse item instead, it'd find muscle or bone, looking at few corpses I have lying around).

I've decided for the same reasons stated, not to implement corpses through twbt. Instead I am going to put 5-10 standard corpse tiles on the tileset, replacing those for goblin, elf. human, kobold and dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2021, 04:53:22 am »

Making one standard corpse and one standard caged-creature for all creatures would still be useful. All you'd have to do is set the tile-number of all creatures to one number.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2021, 06:56:38 am »

Making one standard corpse and one standard caged-creature for all creatures would still be useful. All you'd have to do is set the tile-number of all creatures to one number.
Just to make sure, you are refering to how caged animals reverts to their Letter tile when inside a built cage? So i would need to override the built cage tile to make them not show up as corpses.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2021, 08:28:36 pm »

Yeah. Make a tile for the "caged creature" on your main tileset. Then override that tile number for corpses. Corpses are items, which can use overrides. Creatures in cages are creatures, which TWBT cant override.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2021, 07:19:39 am »

Yeah. Make a tile for the "caged creature" on your main tileset. Then override that tile number for corpses. Corpses are items, which can use overrides. Creatures in cages are creatures, which TWBT cant override.
Isn't it better the other way around? Having the corpse on the Main and overriding the same tile only for built cage buildings? that way I can have a different sprite for Terrariums, Wood and metal cages. In addition to avoiding having living creature sprites overridden when they stand on a tile with a corpse using the same tie number as them?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2021, 03:28:26 pm »

You can't override the creature-in-a-cage. The cages, yes. But it blinks between cage and creature-in-cage.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 30, 2021, 03:37:56 pm »

You can't override the creature-in-a-cage. The cages, yes. But it blinks between cage and creature-in-cage.
I don't know. this solution does not really appeal to me.

Some screenshots from latest update

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile

Here's a mini Pack for this newest version, by request, for Win64 with the usual:
Dwarf Fortress df_47_05_win
DFHack Build 0.47.05r1
TWBT 0.47.05 (Thanks thurin!)
Dwarf Therapist 41.2.2
SoundSense
Embark profiles, etc.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14952
Team Bug Fix!

TheElfKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I am having a bug with your pack where the mouse thinks it is way farther to the left then it should be. I am not having this problem with any other graphics set, so I don’t know what’s up. Any ideas? If this is the wrong thread please direct me to the correct one.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

I am having a bug with your pack where the mouse thinks it is way farther to the left then it should be. I am not having this problem with any other graphics set, so I don’t know what’s up. Any ideas? If this is the wrong thread please direct me to the correct one.
It is common to 32x32 sets afaik. I'm having the same problem

Ray_Anor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And with 64x64 too. As bigger tileset size than bigger offset is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say that I'm really liking this tileset. I haven't really played with tiles before, but I'm enjoying the dark fairy tale/realistic terrain look of this pack.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DeedsOfFlesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello! Can you help me out with something? I'm sure it's nothing major over here. So I downloaded your tileset, prepackaged, and i installed the mod  - the aeramore expansion, witch only affects the objects folder. The game works fine, I can create a world and play, a lot of the sprites work, yeah, but I'm not getting the dwarf sprites, they are just labeled as D and not what your mod advertises, i know it's probably a lot to ask, or annoying in your case, but if u can help me out over here i'll be grateful. I'm a bit bored of vanilla so i wanna try something major over here!

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Hello! Can you help me out with something? I'm sure it's nothing major over here. So I downloaded your tileset, prepackaged, and i installed the mod  - the aeramore expansion, witch only affects the objects folder. The game works fine, I can create a world and play, a lot of the sprites work, yeah, but I'm not getting the dwarf sprites, they are just labeled as D and not what your mod advertises, i know it's probably a lot to ask, or annoying in your case, but if u can help me out over here i'll be grateful. I'm a bit bored of vanilla so i wanna try something major over here!
I have looked into what aeramore changes, and I can not see why the graphic sprites would not work. :S I am at least as tunned as you regarding this and short for fixes. All I can do is really compile my own copy of the mod and see if I get the same problem.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27