Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Breakfast just be skipped?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Depends, is Poe an option for my breakfast?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 19, 2018, 07:32:34 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Pandemonium: The Highschool of Horrors [6/6] Waitlist open [1/?]  (Read 12827 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Pandemonium: The Highschool of Horrors [6/6] Waitlist open [1/?]
« on: September 12, 2018, 04:58:56 pm »

Dear Student(or human who wandered in and got stuck)

Hello, and welcome to Pandemonium Academy, the most prestigious holding facility school for monsters of all shapes and sizes. I am your future nightmare headmaster, Mr. Deimos, and this letter should inform you as to what you can expect in the coming school year. Our school is very competitive meaning that other students are totally allowed to kill and eat you, but as long as you make certain they all fear you study diligently and prepare well, you should be fine. Your class schedule, dorm number, and ID number will be issued to you tomorrow if you survive that long. Just a reminder, you will have no classmates over 10 feet (3.048 meters) in height, as our school is not equipped to handle such students and the infernal exchange students will likely arrive a couple days in. If you have any further questions, ask your dean, Dr. Dezard, make sure it's a good day, or he might use you for one of his new experiments or schedule an appointment to speak to me at your own risk. (Anne, stop editing my letter Stop scaring the students, Jeri I'm literally fear incarnate, what part of that don't you get?) Also, please fill out the student registration form attached to your letter, including a picture of yourself and a short paper about yourself, and give it to the soul sucking poltergeists I let roam the halls to catch misbehaving students hallway patrol officers when they knock on your door. This will be used to help us get to know you and pair you up with the dorm mates least likely to kill you the best possible dorm mates. Thank you and try not to die stay safe.

Sincerely
Headmaster Jericho Deimos
Edited by Mrs. Anne Deimos

Hello, and welcome to Pandemonium. This will be a RP based game where you play as a monster in Pandemonium academy. It takes the "monsters in high school" cliche, and imagines it with the monsters still acting like they are from the original source material, like Romero zombies trying to eat your flesh, and Dracula vampires treating their classmates like snacks. You start out as new arrivals with no deeds to your name, or, "fresh meat." The point of the game is to become more feared by your classmates through RPed interactions and good old fashioned violence, so others won't try and eat you, all the while avoiding people who are much scarier than you, and will not hesitate to murder you. Have fun.

Also, to all new arrivals, if you are interested in playing, don’t read the spoilers for turns and actions, but if you only want to watch, feel free to.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:24:03 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Pandemonium: The Highschool of Horrors [0/6]
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:12:13 pm »

Character sheets

Current Players
Spoiler: Poe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hitomi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Octavius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ichrow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pyrrhos Aitios (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yūki Hoshihana (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
Spoiler: The Sphinx (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:06:54 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 05:13:40 pm »

Rule Clarifications
1. Something I forgot to put in the main rules, you can’t play as the progenitor of your monster race. That means no Dracula, no Adam Frankenstein, and no Patient Zero.
2. Your PC has to be something original, they’re based on figures from Myth, not specifically them. You can’t be the Golem of Prague, or Carmella, or the monster from (enter some horror movie here), those can be your inspirations, but they can’t be what you are.
3. From now on, character will also have electives, here’s the list
Electives (pick 4 and rank them from 1(want most) to 4(want least))

Home economics              Acting.                   Business
Self defense                     Art
Fencing                            Stagecraft**
Beginners mage craft        Choir
Guitar                              Dance
Pre-med                           Archery
Pre-law*                          Computers
Creative writing                Shop
Gym                                Monster biology***

*This one is pretty popular with demons and valravns.
**Creating the sets for the acting class’s plays
***A class about each of the various species of monsters that make up our world.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:02:29 am by Smoke Mirrors »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:16:56 pm »

Spoiler: Poe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:29:21 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:43 pm »

Spoiler: The Sphinx (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:14:56 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:34:13 pm »

Can we use monsters we create ourselves? Since I have a doc for a alien race/type of monster I kinda want to use.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »

Can we use monsters we create ourselves? Since I have a doc for a alien race/type of monster I kinda want to use.
Possibly, post a link to the doc.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 05:42:37 pm »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YNLLa-oXyoP9hvct1Yzo-uZkn79mBX5V6JfGsFVzF-Y/edit?usp=sharing Here it is, I would be playing as a wraith, or a wraith-stage shade or some other monoker if someone decides to play as a wraith. Alternatively, I could write a short version since the doc talks about some stuff which is irrelevant to this game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:00:38 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Pandemonium: The Highschool of Horrors [2(3?)/6]
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 06:03:53 pm »

Ok, while I think it’s really cool, it seems to be something that deserves a game of it’s own and is a bit to complicated for this one. I think it would be a better fit if you played as a normal wraith.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 06:47:51 pm »

Ok how about a creature who stitches their body together from a variety of parts. Henceforth referred to as a stitcher.
Their powers are
1. They can use almost anything as part of their body,
2. any bodyparts stolen from supernatural beings retain their strength, speed, and abilities.
3. (this one is iffy), They can consume the flesh of a being to gain some of its strength.
My Power armor arms race

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 06:53:03 pm »

Sure to 1 and 2, but I think I have to veto 3, you’ll have to have the whole limb intact. I’ll start you off with all zombie parts, and let’s say you have some sort of heart/core that if destroyed will kill you, ok?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 06:54:47 pm »

Fine by me,
My Power armor arms race

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 07:07:47 pm »

Ok then, fill out a registration form and I’ll put it with the others.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 07:20:19 pm »

Two more questions/ideas concerning stitchers,
1. Blood is how they control/incorporate new body parts,
2. They can manipulate their blood so long as it is connected back to the core or is within 6 inches of blood that is connected back to his core,
The first one is just for flavor, what it means is that when he is connecting a new part to his body, his blood jumps out and closes the gap, stitching the flesh together.
The latter is to give him a minor power for killing stuff, so he can get some limbs without incredible difficulty
My Power armor arms race

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 07:21:53 pm »

Ok, as long as you can only control your own blood.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12