Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roc taming  (Read 602 times)

Herondedalus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Roc taming
« on: September 12, 2018, 05:30:31 pm »

I just captured a roc in my 3yo fort and I'd really want to tame it, but it never goes past the semi wild status and after some times it reverts back to wild. Is there something to do avout it? thanks

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roc taming
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:44:35 pm »

You probably just need a really good animal trainer. Try specifically assigning your best animal trainer to the job.]

Keep in mind that while you can make it well trained, you can't fully tame it. To do that, you'd need to find another opposite sex roc, train both, breed them, and train the baby.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 07:24:02 pm »

Is the roc still in it's cage? If yes, then the next time it gets some training (so it's not wild) you'll have to pasture it in a zone. That way your animal trainer will be able to "renew" it's training preventing it from going back to wild.

Keep in mind, that there are some bugs/issues, where a megabeast might still attack your dwarves even after it gets trained.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 09:02:14 pm »

Yeah; if your trainer can't get it past semi-wild I wouldn't remove it from a cage.

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 07:23:58 am »

Are rocs and militia members still KoS to each-other?
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:51:50 am »

I'm not sure. There are some bug reports in the mantis each with a different variation of that issue and only one of these is marked as resolved, the others are still open.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.