Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF vs Vanilla  (Read 2451 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
DF vs Vanilla
« on: September 12, 2018, 08:46:57 pm »

It’s been a while since I’ve been an active member of this community and it certainly seems I’ve missed a lot. Haven’t played the newest version of DF and neither have I played the lates Masterwork. What would your recommend first - the masterwork on old DF or should I check the new features of the latest DF first? What would I miss should I choose the MDF first?

Note that I usually play as dwarves anyway.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF vs Vanilla
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:41:19 pm »

maybe give the "lazy noob pack" or what its called a go for now for dwarfs. to get used to the new df features like all the raiding and sending dwarfs off, taverns, libraries and what all changed over the last months... think he changed like "thoughts" too.. well there a lot new

i think the independent orc or succubus mods are also working on the latest df. and meph is atm working to get a updated masterwork working on the latest df versions. so once that come out you can switch and give this a go with the masterwork dwarf stuff.
stuff like human fort, hermit, warlocks and all that is the old masterwork version that is quite a few df versions old now.

think there also somewhere mephs tileset... not sure if its in the lazy noob pack too... just look around a bit. so you could get the meph tiles and play the latest df for now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DF vs Vanilla
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 04:08:13 am »

Masterwork is not yet updated to the newest version.

I'd try vanilla DF, either with the Lazy Newb / Starter Pack, if you like Ascii or 16x16 sets; or the Meph Pack I made, which has similar features, but it aimed at people that prefer graphic sets with 32x32 resolution. Just have a look. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::