Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I give specific item to a dwarf?  (Read 1537 times)

leontas2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I give specific item to a dwarf?
« on: September 25, 2018, 05:01:20 am »

Hello.

I already saw a post regarding this but still I am not sure yet. I have some artifacts lying around. Are these artifacts useless?

Now I have a crown that I want to give it to my king(he is mayor right now but still) How can I assign this artifact to him? is it even possible?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I give specific item to a dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 05:52:20 am »

As far as I know there's no vanilla way: artifact trinkets are useless as trinkets. Clothing can be assigned as specified uniform parts, but only for dorfs drafted into squads.

I believe there's a DFHack "force equip" script which I think teleports items on the ground to a character's inventory, but I've never used it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 09:11:40 am »

I've used it to test 43.05 weapon trap crash with a giant and steel armor. (The giant survived, the game process did not.)

I recall suggestions that <crown colour> headwear might work, but testing in 44.09 doesn't even allow to assign colour (anymore), nor will they pick up crowns when they're naked and that's the only headwear in fort few tiles from them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:20:55 am »

I've assigned white helmets in my current 0.44.12 game, as bone isn't a defined material (I'm working on metal, but it takes time to mine Goblinite).

leontas2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:59:24 pm »

well,  that's a shame really.. this makes all artifacts useless. It could be nice to have a use for them.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 05:10:59 pm »

well,  that's a shame really.. this makes all artifacts useless. It could be nice to have a use for them.
You put them on display to attract thieves and make dorfs enjoy museums. Also, it wouldn't make sense to give the king a crown claimed by another dwarven family as an heirloom. Only artifacts actually offered to (or made by) the king should be worn by the king (although right now they just put them on pedestals in non-player fortresses).