Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on trade caravan and planning mode?  (Read 593 times)

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question on trade caravan and planning mode?
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:13:03 pm »

Caravan cane to my fort had my broker go to depot had my crafts brought up to depot and I couldn’t get a trade. Every time I tried to trade I would get they weren’t ready yet and would be shortly. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

Planning mode: I use this to place doors beds etc before they are made. But when I make nest boxes I don’t have that option. Is this normal? And speaking of nest boxes I made 10 of them but when I tried to place them it said building not present. Like I didn’t have any but I did? Is it because maybe they were still in workshop and not in stockpile yet? I’m still learning so sorry for noob questions. Thanks.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Question on trade caravan and planning mode?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:39:05 pm »

Just to be safe, you waited outside of the building selection mode, unpaused, for the broker issue right? As long as you're looking at buildings and issuing commands to them (like broker instructions) you're paused and time is frozen. You do need to give them a liiiittle bit of time to get set up, though it usually doesn't take too long.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:49:00 pm »

If the caravan isn't ready to trade after an in-game month then someone in the caravan is stuck somewhere .. probably in a tree...

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 05:46:44 am »

Planning mode: I use this to place doors beds etc before they are made. But when I make nest boxes I don’t have that option. Is this normal? And speaking of nest boxes I made 10 of them but when I tried to place them it said building not present. Like I didn’t have any but I did? Is it because maybe they were still in workshop and not in stockpile yet? I’m still learning so sorry for noob questions. Thanks.

The problem was that the nestboxes are in the stockpile. I.e., you probably have a stockpile with bins, and the nestboxes are all stuffed in bins. Whenever anyone decides to add something to the bins, bin contents become unavailable and you can't place e.g. nestboxes or ropes as buildings.

The sanest solution is to not ever put "buildable finished goods" - ropes, hives, nest boxes - in stockpiles. Everything is perfectly usable directly from the workshop; there's no need to drag everything to a stockpile.

In your finished goods stockpile options, open the items grouping and disable "chains" and "tools". Those are things that become painfully dysfunctional when confined to bins and for which stockpiling is pretty pointless * anyway.

*: at least as "finished goods"; jugs containing honey or oil can also be stockpiled as food, which could be actually useful.